Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 412
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?



    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I'm for the Ravens taking a look at him honestly. Based on the fact he comes from Oakland where no matter the talent they have on the field, the players just look to be in disarray, which means there is no direction but up. I blame a little of that on the environment out there and think that a change of scenery and coming to a pretty stable organization could do the kid some good. Low risk high reward with a vet minimum deal.
    Agreed. There is just SO much potential and we have next to nothing at ILB.




  2. #32
    Who are all these Raiders who blossomed once they left Oakland?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  3. #33

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who are all these Raiders who blossomed once they left Oakland?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Ever heard of Randy Moss?




  4. #34

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Ever heard of Randy Moss?
    Citing a guy who was a known front-runner and quitter when things were going tough years BEFORE he ever got to Oakland, isn't going to do it. Mr. I play when I want to play was already a known sulker in Minnesota.

    Try again.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who are all these Raiders who blossomed once they left Oakland?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree there hasn't been really anyone coming from Oakland that has flourished after leaving, but for a team that consistently drafts in the top ten, can you say that every player they've acquired just didn't pan out because of talent? Granted the picks for a while where by Al, but these were NFL caliber players they were picking that just didn't pan out for whatever reason.

    Its the same feeling with teams like Buffalo and Jacksonville. They have talent (draft in the top ten every year), but I think the issue really is the team atmosphere just sucks. Those teams are known cesspools where NFL rookies and current NFL players careers go to die.

    Lastly, we just picked up Huff who should have been a pretty good safety by this time in his career. We all followed him pretty much in college, but why do you think he has been subpar at this point in his career? Lack of talent, I think not. Watch him be a different player than he ever was before just by being here. I compare it to being like a job you hate and a job you love. Yeah you get paid at both, but which job would you work harder for.




  6. #36

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I agree there hasn't been really anyone coming from Oakland that has flourished after leaving, but for a team that consistently drafts in the top ten, can you say that every player they've acquired just didn't pan out because of talent? Granted the picks for a while where by Al, but these were NFL caliber players they were picking that just didn't pan out for whatever reason.

    Its the same feeling with teams like Buffalo and Jacksonville. They have talent (draft in the top ten every year), but I think the issue really is the team atmosphere just sucks. Those teams are known cesspools where NFL rookies and current NFL players careers go to die.

    Lastly, we just picked up Huff who should have been a pretty good safety by this time in his career. We all followed him pretty much in college, but why do you think he has been subpar at this point in his career? Lack of talent, I think not. Watch him be a different player than he ever was before just by being here. I compare it to being like a job you hate and a job you love. Yeah you get paid at both, but which job would you work harder for.
    Playing for a bad team does not in any way excuse poor play on the field.

    The Browns are a huge joke. That doesn't affect Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, Trent Richardson and guys. Arizona is terrible. Calias Campbell, Daryl Washington, Patrick Peterson are good players. Buffalo has CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, Kyle Williams, Steph Gilmore. Jax has some players like Jones Drew, Eugene Monroe, Justin Blackmon. I could go on and on. AND I'd argue that instead of just saying that the team atmosphere stinks, i'd argue that they are just drafting bad/wrong players. Jax traded half it's draft to us so they could take a top 10 pick in Derrick Harvey. That was a bad pick. Not a bad player stuck on a bad team. They also spent a top 10 pick on Alou-Alou...a guy most thought was a late first/early 2nd at worst. AND drafted a punter in the 3rd round. It's WAY more about them having poor FO's who pick wrong players than these good players who stink because of their team.

    Even on the Raiders, guys have played well...Tommy Kelly made a pro bowl, Darren McFadden is good when healthy, Desmond Bryant parlayed good play to a huge contract. Playing for Oakland is not an excuse! And as for Huff, I think he has had an inconsistent career, but even he has made an all pro team in Oakland.

    This guy has NEVER been a good player. Not average. Not flashing. He hasn't been good at all. And considering other young guys on his very team have had success, you can't blame it on the organization.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    I agree, he hasn't shown anything and he's been bad off field as well. Just saying he is very young and if you can get him for no risk, let him compete. Not guaranteed a roster spot but some team will take a flyer on him
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I agree, he hasn't shown anything and he's been bad off field as well. Just saying he is very young and if you can get him for no risk, let him compete. Not guaranteed a roster spot but some team will take a flyer on him
    Why bring a known turd into your lockeroom at all?

    Just being on the lockeroom can poison it.

    And who cares if some other team takes a look, therr are a lot of dumb desperate teams out there.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  9. #39

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Some fair points about playing on a bad team not being an acceptable excuse, but it still has to be a factor. Pat Willis was playing great on bad teams.

    I still want to take the gamble though because I do not believe that this player is a turd that will bring a stink to the locker room. He can play or he can't and he will fit or he won't. I am not sure and I wonder how anyone else could be.







  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Why bring a known turd into your lockeroom at all?

    Just being on the lockeroom can poison it.

    And who cares if some other team takes a look, therr are a lot of dumb desperate teams out there.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Harbaugh has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want troublemakers on this team. It's not going to happen.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #41

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    LOL...and the Bengals of course considered trading for this turd.

    Those are the desperate teams that do dumb things like that.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who are all these Raiders who blossomed once they left Oakland?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Charles Woodson, Fabian Washington (Somewhat), Kevin Boothe, Michael Bush, La'Roi Glover. Although there are only a few, consider how many busts Al Davis has drafted in the last 5-10 years. While these guys may or may not have played well before in Oakland, I wouldn't say that just because they played poorly in Oakland they can't play well anywhere else.




  13. #43

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Charles Woodson, Fabian Washington (Somewhat), Kevin Boothe, Michael Bush, La'Roi Glover. Although there are only a few, consider how many busts Al Davis has drafted in the last 5-10 years. While these guys may or may not have played well before in Oakland, I wouldn't say that just because they played poorly in Oakland they can't play well anywhere else.
    Charles Woodson was a multi year pro-bowler in Oakland, Kevin Boothe was a practice squad guy who never had a chance to get on the field for the Raiders his rookie year, Michael Bush had a career low in YPC AFTER leaving Oakland where he was almost a 1000 yard rusher...and Glover is a good one, but he was a 5th round pick that was waived...something we see from teams every year. I'm not going to address Washington...he was traded for probably appropriate value.

    This guy never had remotely close to the success on the field that Woodson, Bush, and even Fabien had, and had way more chances to play than Booth or Glover.

    And again, busts aren't the result of an oppressing organization, it's the result of front offices that can't draft.

    I'll ask...what guys that have PLAYED in Oakland, sucked on the field and then had success somewhere else? And that's without taking into account the fact that this turd is toting guns in the offseason and getting into arguments with his coaches and sucking on the field during the season.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL...and the Bengals of course considered trading for this turd.

    Those are the desperate teams that do dumb things like that.
    Marvin thinks he can fix everyone. He collects troubled players like they were stamps.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want troublemakers on this team. It's not going to happen.
    I think you're right. Hopefully McClain will soon get signed by another team so we can bury the question.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland