Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    And I think I'm stating his on field abilities very accurately.
    And I think you are on the fringe. Especially for $700k.

None of the 700k is guaranteed. They basically said "here, you can make up to this much money but if you screw up you won't see any of it".

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    All this fuss over a guy barely making more than the punter, if all the negative traits he exhibited in Oakland show up again they cut him a move on and he's barely a blip on the radar in Ravens history.
    our punter makes 3-4 times as much... our long napper een likely makes more

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    our punter makes 3-4 times as much... our long napper een likely makes more
    Well damn, all this fuss over a guy in the bottom 5% of salaries for the roster.

Blog Entries

I for one, am excited to see what the 2013 version of our defense looks like. We've added speed and youth. I foresee a return to the Top 10.

Well then, we appear to be at an impasse.

Blog Entries

Question...

Have you actually sat down and watched film on him? Because I've gone back to watch 5 games from each season he's been in the league and I've came away with a much higher opinion on him than you seem to have as a player. I'm not saying we've gone out and got a fantastic player who's a pro bowl player year in year out, but he is actually a pretty good run defender, and he is a decent interior pass rusher. His issues are mainly dropping back into coverage. I think playing in a 4-3 was never going to work for him, he's a north south guy who fits in well in our scheme. If we can get an athletic player to play beside him, I think he'll be fine.

Blog Entries

This was a cheap price for a (young) veteran presence. Keep in mind the Ravens have J. McClain (coming off a major injury) plus a few guys (McClellan, Bynes, Carr) who haven't much experience, and even a DT convert to ILB. While I'm sure Ozzie will draft an ILB high, it's good to have Rolando here. Same as having Huff @ Safety... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Question...

Have you actually sat down and watched film on him? Because I've gone back to watch 5 games from each season he's been in the league and I've came away with a much higher opinion on him than you seem to have as a player. I'm not saying we've gone out and got a fantastic player who's a pro bowl player year in year out, but he is actually a pretty good run defender, and he is a decent interior pass rusher. His issues are mainly dropping back into coverage. I think playing in a 4-3 was never going to work for him, he's a north south guy who fits in well in our scheme. If we can get an athletic player to play beside him, I think he'll be fine.
    I'm relying on friends who are Raiders fans who have watched him the entire time he's been out there. Their assessments aren't infallible by any means, but I believe them to be credible and not reactionary. They don't like his play, and they don't like his character. As I've said already, it remains to be seen just what sort of player he'll be here. But to conclude that he's some great bargain simply because his price tag is $700,000 (closer to $1,100,000.00 with incentives) is foolish, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This was a cheap price for a (young) veteran presence.
    And it just keeps getting better and better.

Blog Entries

I'm relying on friends who are Raiders fans who have watched him the entire time he's been out there. Their assessments aren't infallible by any means, but I believe them to be credible and not reactionary. They don't like his play, and they don't like his character. As I've said already, it remains to be seen just what sort of player he'll be here. But to conclude that he's some great bargain simply because his price tag is $700,000 (closer to $1,100,000.00 with incentives) is foolish, IMO.
    Well he's a better player than both Jameel McClain and Ayanbadejo (now obviously cut) and will be earning less than both of them, so no its not even close to being foolish to think that.

And btw, those same Raider fans didn't like Huff either. Basically any player on the Raiders team is disliked by the fans because of how bad the team has been, but often they don't actually look at the tape to see what's going on in a given play. There are many Ravens fans who may have an opinion on a certain player that may not be correct. A lot of Ravens fans thought that Ellerbe was bad before last season.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well he's a better player than both Jameel McClain and Ayanbadejo (now obviously cut) and will be earning less than both of them, so no its not even close to being foolish to think that.

And btw, those same Raider fans didn't like Huff either. Basically any player on the Raiders team is disliked by the fans because of how bad the team has been, but often they don't actually look at the tape to see what's going on in a given play. There are many Ravens fans who may have an opinion on a certain player that may not be correct. A lot of Ravens fans thought that Ellerbe was bad before last season.
    Actually, they thought Huff was a decent pickup.

As I said...let's see how it all plays out. You want to conclude NOW that McClain is a great pickup? Be my guest. I'm done with this thread.