Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

Pro Football Focus gave McClain positive grades against the run in each of his three NFL seasons. And for comparison sake, his plus-9.8 rating in that area in 2012 was better than its grades for Ray Lewis, Dannell Ellerbe and Jameel McClain, both individually and combined. He missed just three tackles. And PFF also says Rolando McClain made a tackle resulting in a defensive stop on 11.4 percent of running plays last season, which was eighth best among inside linebackers who played at least 25 percent of the their team’s defensive stats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    He got a 1 year, 700,000$ deal. Anyone who thinks this was a bad deal is just....words can't even describe how silly you are
    Let me play Devil's Advocate...would people get up in arms if we signed Randy Moss for 1 year, 700k? (I'm about to wake the sleeping Ex Giant). I can picture a good amount of posters screaming about how Randy Moss is washed up and a liability. But, for 1 year 700k, it just has to be a good deal, right?

I think McClain was a good move because it gives us a cheap option with some potential upside, but I understand the concerns. He has known character flaws and we're taking a gamble that it won't return or affect others in the clubhouse. I can understand people who don't like the deal, but it's done and now we wait to see what our other plans are and how Rolando does here.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Let me play Devil's Advocate...would people get up in arms if we signed Randy Moss for 1 year, 700k? (I'm about to wake the sleeping Ex Giant). I can picture a good amount of posters screaming about how Randy Moss is washed up and a liability. But, for 1 year 700k, it just has to be a good deal, right?

I think McClain was a good move because it gives us a cheap option with some potential upside, but I understand the concerns. He has known character flaws and we're taking a gamble that it won't return or affect others in the clubhouse. I can understand people who don't like the deal, but it's done and now we wait to see what our other plans are and how Rolando does here.
    Except Randy Moss is 36 and McClain is 23...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Except Randy Moss is 36 and McClain is 23...
    So? It's a 1 year deal, if McClain were to turn it on now, there's no guarantee he stays here. Basically, this is a one year "audition", vs in Moss' case, it's a 1 year extension of his career. And talent wise, McClain was pretty good last year, and Moss was decent for a 3rd WR, so you're signing the guy hoping he provides more than a rookie or inexperienced player would.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

interesting if you go back to the first pages of this thread when the question was 'would you want him'. A whole lot of HELL NO. Now all of the sudden if you're not 100% sold on the deal then you must be an idiot. that's how it works huh?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

So? It's a 1 year deal, if McClain were to turn it on now, there's no guarantee he stays here. Basically, this is a one year "audition", vs in Moss' case, it's a 1 year extension of his career. And talent wise, McClain was pretty good last year, and Moss was decent for a 3rd WR, so you're signing the guy hoping he provides more than a rookie or inexperienced player would.
    There is no garentee, but he still chose us other a considerable amount of other offers for slightly less money, so you have to think he'd like to play for us long term. If he really plays lights out this year, and has no issues off the field, we'll probably get something worked out.

Blog Entries

There are no guarantees in life... Everything is risk vs reward.

8. Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

For just one season at 700 K?
    Right player? Possibly.
    Right price? Definitely.

If Moss comes in and does a decent job, no one's going to sign him to a 3-year deal for $6 million, because he's at the end of the line. So once he signs, what motivates him? Moss plays for one reason: himself. I don't see those same issues with a guy turning 24 who's moving into his prime physically, and has a lot of earning potential.

McClain's off-field issues bother me greatly, and he could be gone by the end of July, but we know maybe 10% of what Ozzie and Harbaugh know about him. So, as usual, I'll defer to them. They haven't missed very often with guys they've brought in.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    If Moss comes in and does a decent job, no one's going to sign him to a 3-year deal for $6 million, because he's at the end of the line. So once he signs, what motivates him? Moss plays for one reason: himself. I don't see those same issues with a guy turning 24 who's moving into his prime physically, and has a lot of earning potential.

McClain's off-field issues bother me greatly, and he could be gone by the end of July, but we know maybe 10% of what Ozzie and Harbaugh know about him. So, as usual, I'll defer to them. They haven't missed very often with guys they've brought in.
    I agree. His off the field issues should bother everyone.
    So, when our organization looked at him, they looked at him from all aspects and they have some inside information with the Alabama players that are here, former Raider Huff, and Oz.
    They understand why he didn't perform at the high level expected in Oakland's 4-3.
    They believe he fits better here in a 3-4 which Alabama ran and where he became the best linebacker in college football.
    For his off the field issues, he got married and his wife got him away from the bad influences in his past.
    He is apparently doing somethings to turn his life around, reading the bible with his wife every day.
    He is growing up.
    I'm thinking, with the people in the Ravens organization, he will have all the pieces around him to succeed in life, not just on the field.
    And that's what needs to happen if he is going to move on from his past and change.
    All the things he is doing is showing he is trying to move in that direction.
    Let him keep moving forward and change.
    We should realize he knows he can't screw up now.
    It's all on him.
    So, in HIS case alone, I want and hope he continues to turn it around, not just as a player, but as a husband, a father, and a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I agree. His off the field issues should bother everyone.
    So, when our organization looked at him, they looked at him from all aspects and they have some inside information with the Alabama players that are here, former Raider Huff, and Oz.
    They understand why he didn't perform at the high level expected in Oakland's 4-3.
    They believe he fits better here in a 3-4 which Alabama ran and where he became the best linebacker in college football.
    For his off the field issues, he got married and his wife got him away from the bad influences in his past.
    He is apparently doing somethings to turn his life around, reading the bible with his wife every day.
    He is growing up.
    I'm thinking, with the people in the Ravens organization, he will have all the pieces around him to succeed in life, not just on the field.
    And that's what needs to happen if he is going to move on from his past and change.
    All the things he is doing is showing he is trying to move in that direction.
    Let him keep moving forward and change.
    We should realize he knows he can't screw up now.
    It's all on him.
    So, in HIS case alone, I want and hope he continues to turn it around, not just as a player, but as a husband, a father, and a man.
    Lets not forget that winning can change attitudes. He was used to being a perennial winner at Alabama.

12. Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

If he sticks, the Ravens will be sporting a law firm-style lineup at inside linebacker: McClain, McClain & McClellan. And if a certain Notre Dame linebacker slides to No. 32, the Ravens can open the home office of McClain, McClain, McClellan, & Te’o.

Specializing in missing persons. Specifically, those who never existed.

haha florio
    Reminds me of Bubba Smith, former All Pro DE for the Baltimore Colts
    Trust MY lawyers. Cohen, Snyder, McClellan, Eisenberg and Katzemberg. They're still around."
    ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!