Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 412
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore



    Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Missed tackles? What missed tackles he was third fewest of ALL Mlb'S for LEAST missed tackles. Are you an expert or something and do more research than PFF? C'mon man up, you actually watched 4 of his games on rewind? I call BS. If you dont like the move fine, but don't lie about misinformation. He graded out pretty well as a top 10 MLB last season AHEAD of ELLERBE, LEWIS and MCClain. He rejected other higher offers to play with Baltimore for various reasons. His play is not what got him cut, his salary did and an entire Oakland house cleaning did. Only 15 players remain since two years ago on Oaklands roster.
    I agree that a players reputation off the field can often affect his reputation as a player too. He hasn't been a stud in the league, or close to a Ray Lewis or anything like that, but IMO he's been a lot better than what woodlawn thinks he is. His rookie year was really good, his second year was shaky, and last season he was pretty good as a player. I agree that he has issues in coverage and can do with maybe dropping some weight and he does look slow at times out there, but he's a very good player in run support and can be a 3 down LB here in a 3-4, I just have a feeling he's going to turn it on in Baltimore. I could be completely wrong about him, and I will be the first to eat the crow if he blows it here, but I just think he's going to be great here, and I think he's going to be the best ILB on the team and I think he will beat everyone out in TC to play mike come week 1 (Hopefully next to Sio Moore!).

    We'll see, tbc.....




  2. #392

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Missed tackles? What missed tackles he was third fewest of ALL Mlb'S for LEAST missed tackles. Are you an expert or something and do more research than PFF? C'mon man up, you actually watched 4 of his games on rewind? I call BS. If you dont like the move fine, but don't lie about misinformation. He graded out pretty well as a top 10 MLB last season AHEAD of ELLERBE, LEWIS and MCClain. He rejected other higher offers to play with Baltimore for various reasons. His play is not what got him cut, his salary did and an entire Oakland house cleaning did. Only 15 players remain since two years ago on Oaklands roster.
    LOL

    The perfect legend of PFF. I mean their rankings are ALWAYS right. Do you actually believe he was better than Ellerbe last year? Seriously. A guy who was supposedly that good getting benched and quitting on his team was that good?

    I watched the Chargers, Broncos, Ravens and Steelers games. Do you think I can't afford the 60 bucks for Rewind...it takes 20 damn minutes to rewatch a game focusing on one player. Watch it for yourself and stop relying on PFF as your only reference.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  3. #393

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    I don't think that Missed tackles are hard to track... Their rankings, sure you can have issue with that, but I'd feel pretty confident in their missed tackles statistic.




  4. #394
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toluca Lake, CA
    Posts
    1,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL

    The perfect legend of PFF. I mean their rankings are ALWAYS right. Do you actually believe he was better than Ellerbe last year? Seriously. A guy who was supposedly that good getting benched and quitting on his team was that good?

    I watched the Chargers, Broncos, Ravens and Steelers games. Do you think I can't afford the 60 bucks for Rewind...it takes 20 damn minutes to rewatch a game focusing on one player. Watch it for yourself and stop relying on PFF as your only reference.
    I dont question that you can afford 60 dollars to watch rewind, but why waste your time doing so? I respect your post, but you take a stance and think you are an expert, which you are not, nor am I. I defer to Ozzie, PFF, Harbaugh & the other teams that wanted him. He should be better in the 3-4 than the 4-3 with a good defensive front and good OLB's in Dumerville and Suggs-two high character guys and elite talents. Rumor ONLY, he rejected a higher offer from Denver, who played him twice a year and Del Rio knows a little about LBers. As far as not wanting him for his offeild concerns weilding a gun, I get that..




  5. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Missed tackles? What missed tackles he was third fewest of ALL Mlb'S for LEAST missed tackles. Are you an expert or something and do more research than PFF? C'mon man up, you actually watched 4 of his games on rewind? I call BS. If you dont like the move fine, but don't lie about misinformation. He graded out pretty well as a top 10 MLB last season AHEAD of ELLERBE, LEWIS and MCClain. He rejected other higher offers to play with Baltimore for various reasons. His play is not what got him cut, his salary did and an entire Oakland house cleaning did. Only 15 players remain since two years ago on Oaklands roster.
    Not at all.

    Maybe I should put IMHO before every post to remind certain people that my posts are my opinions. Even in my post where I disagreed with Leach, I'm simply saying that I'm seeing something different when I watched him...he's just not been good on the field he's slow, late to the action and wasn't a good tackler...at least not in space. I'm not at all saying I'm an expert or he doesn't know his stuff...but I am also saying that anybody that goes solely off of PFF (who aren't experts either just regular guys who rewatch games and came up with their own grading system...some of which have serious holes), isn't greeting the whole picture.

    I'm not the one in this thread being ridiculed because I have a different opinion...I've even had a poster say that I and anyone who disagrees with the move are saying Ozzie is stupid. People are saying there is a lot of bitching about this move which I find hilarious...this thread has maybe 3 people in it who don't like it, we are outnumbered probably 15-1. But since we haven't been converted to the other way of thinking, we are bitching?

    From my very first post in this thread I've said I don't agree with this move, but since it is happening, I will pull for McClain to reach his full potential and I'm rooting for him to succeed with us. I am not going to root against him succeeding.

    Ozzie isn't infallible. There isn't a single poster/fan that has agreed with every move he's made. Nobody can tell me that they have never disagreed with him at some point. And id imagine that sometimes we have been proven right with our initial opinion and sometimes not. And that's all that I've done in this case...I disagree based on on and off the field issues. I'm not on here saying Ozzie doesn't know how to do his job and he's wrecking the franchise or any other over nonsense.

    I trust Ozzie as much as the next guy...again, that doesn't mean that I can't ever disagree with a move he makes.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  6. #396

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Baltimore has to have the most spoiled fanbase in the NFL.

    I find it hard to believe anyone can find fault with this signing considering what the Ravens are on the hook for if things go south. I guess the old saying is true "you can't please everyone".... In this case I'll defer to the folks that wear suits with a Super Bowl ring on their finger and chuckle at the fans that think they know better...




  7. #397

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Baltimore has to have the most spoiled fanbase in the NFL.

    I find it hard to believe anyone can find fault with this signing considering what the Ravens are on the hook for if things go south. I guess the old saying is true "you can't please everyone".... In this case I'll defer to the folks that wear suits with a Super Bowl ring on their finger and chuckle at the fans that think they know better...
    Well, I think that people can disagree with a move the FO makes without being the most spoiled fan in the NFL and without thinking they are better personnel managers at the NFL level than Ozzie and DeCosta. Isn't an opinion board supposed to be about people sharing their opinions about a topic? If everyone was a sycophant of the organization or parroted everything alike, this would be a very boring message board.




  8. #398
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Aquib Talib was just as bad as McClain off the field. He aimed a gun at a woman and threatened to shoot her, amongst other things. Talib went to NE and has so far done nothing but play well for them and has had no issues off the field thus far. I'm not saying McClain is as good as player as Talib is, but from a locker room perspective, you can easily see that Talib has not affected a strong locker room in NE, and it will likely be the same in Baltimore.
    He was suspended for four games for testing hot for "Adderall" during last season, a season he did "nothing but play well".

    He only played in 6 games for NE, scraping together only 16 tackles. I don't think he's a good example as a player who has turned it around (yet).

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You can talk about losing Reed and Lewis as leaders, they are huge losses, no denying that, and we don't really have a ra ra guy per se (I guess you can kind of quantify Sizzle as being a little that way) but we still have more leaders on our team than most of the NFL.
    Earlier in the thread, I commented on what I feel is the overhyped nature of leaders on this team and their effect on troubled players.

    It's didn't work before when we had strong veterans and I am even less likely to believe it will work next season when we field a team that, by design, is much younger than any other team under Harbs.

    Again, it doesn't take much to poison a locker room.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 04-13-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #399

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Well, I think that people can disagree with a move the FO makes without being the most spoiled fan in the NFL and without thinking they are better personnel managers at the NFL level than Ozzie and DeCosta. Isn't an opinion board supposed to be about people sharing their opinions about a topic? If everyone was a sycophant of the organization or parroted everything alike, this would be a very boring message board.
    I agree completely with what you posted!

    If you read my post you quoted you'll see "in this case" I stated that because I believe the monetary amount that the Ravens would be on the hook for is minuscule in the scheme of things.

    Because of the small amount I believe some are complaining for the sake of it.




  10. #400

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Baltimore has to have the most spoiled fanbase in the NFL.

    I find it hard to believe anyone can find fault with this signing considering what the Ravens are on the hook for if things go south. I guess the old saying is true "you can't please everyone".... In this case I'll defer to the folks that wear suits with a Super Bowl ring on their finger and chuckle at the fans that think they know better...
    I'm sure one of the kings of Kyle Boller bashing has never disagreed with a move that Ozzie has made....

    Funny, this board was full of doom and gloom posts during the season about how we wouldn't win 9 or 10 games and how we could never win multiple games on the road to get to the Super Bowl, and how it was time to look for a new QB...among other nonsense. A lot of those same people who were basically giving up on the season and players in those threads are in here trying to make this out to be some BS about not trusting Ozzie because I disagree with one freaking move in the offseason.

    Ironic.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #401

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm sure one of the kings of Kyle Boller bashing has never disagreed with a move that Ozzie has made....

    Funny, this board was full of doom and gloom posts during the season about how we wouldn't win 9 or 10 games and how we could never win multiple games on the road to get to the Super Bowl, and how it was time to look for a new QB...among other nonsense. A lot of those same people who were basically giving up on the season and players in those threads are in here trying to make this out to be some BS about not trusting Ozzie because I disagree with one freaking move in the offseason.

    Ironic.
    Your disagreement is ridiculous. The fact that they signed him for 700k means they will not hesitate to cut him if he doesn't perform. You're making it seem like we gave him a huge contract. A 1 year minimum contract is a tryout contract. That's why people are getting annoyed with the bullshit your spewing
    Formerly runrayrun27

    Twitter: @cjacks17





  12. #402

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I agree completely with what you posted!

    If you read my post you quoted you'll see "in this case" I stated that because I believe the monetary amount that the Ravens would be on the hook for is minuscule in the scheme of things.

    Because of the small amount I believe some are complaining for the sake of it.
    It's not complaining, it's someone expressing their opinion.

    Stop making this out like it's trolling or someone is bringing it up in every other post they make. This thread is FILLED with WAY more posters blowing Ozzie for this move.

    Am I not allowed to give my opinion unless it conforms to what you believe? I've stated my opinion on this monetary things MANY times.

    This is hilarious...the debates have gone like this...

    Me: I don't like guys that are quitters and aren't even that good of a player on my team.

    Others: But it's 700k!

    Me: I know how much we are paying, I don't care if he was paying us, Some guys I just wouldn't want on my team no matter what.

    Others: But it's 700k!

    Me: I don't care about money, it's about character. Reliability is important to me...what if this guy winds up starting only to do something stupid or rebel against the coaches in week 10?

    Others: But it's 700k!

    Me: I think it's a waste of time really.

    Others: But it's 700k! And you obviously don't believe in Ozzie!

    Me: I love the job Ozzie has done and I wouldn't trade him for any other GM in the league...I still disagree with this move like I have periodically over the years as he isn't infallible.

    Others: But it's 700k!

    That is basically how this discussion has gone.

    I'm bowing out now because this is nothing but a big loop...to me it's more than a financial risk. To most of you, just being able to cut him without a cap hit is the key.

    We disagree. It's as simple as that...no need to start with the "spoiled fans", "you think you know better than Ozzie" BS responses. I said it before and I'll say it a last time, I'm not forecasting this costing us our season(s), or that he for sure will be a failure. I am hoping for the best and hope this works out. He is a Raven now and he is part of the family...but my view on him will have some of the same "wait for it" concern that many posters here had about Jacoby Jones when we signed him last year.

    That's it. I wouldn't hire an admitted thief to work in my bank just because he graduated from Harvard and agreed to work for minimum wage.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 04-13-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  13. #403

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Your disagreement is ridiculous. The fact that they signed him for 700k means they will not hesitate to cut him if he doesn't perform. You're making it seem like we gave him a huge contract. A 1 year minimum contract is a tryout contract. That's why people are getting annoyed with the bullshit your spewing
    LOL.

    Ok buddy.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  14. #404

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL.

    Ok buddy.
    Gotta love a response of someone who just had there shitty point refuted hahaha. Great, knowledgable comeback. Shitty point, followed by a shitty follow. Congrats bud, you nailed it!!
    Formerly runrayrun27

    Twitter: @cjacks17





  15. #405

    Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Gotta love a response of someone who just had there shitty point refuted hahaha. Great, knowledgable comeback. Shitty point, followed by a shitty follow. Congrats bud, you nailed it!!
    You are absolutely right.

    Saying the 700k bit for the 400th time in this thread really got me!

    I mean thanks for bringing up that he is making 700k! I never knew that!

    LMAO at you thinking that was a unique refute to my point.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland