Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Sure. Even if he's a total flop what did they risk? 700k is peanuts. The long snapper prob makes more than that.

Edit - I was close but Morgan Cox is making 630k this season. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's the risk? The risk is this turd is taking up a roster spot, he's got bust written all over him, and while the money is peanuts in the overall scheme of things, building a team is more than just putting a bunch of players in a bunch of spots. The Eagles proved that. Building a team is about team chemistry. And unless you're Bill Belichick who can handle players like Aqib Talib, you run the risk of upsetting the apple cart with bona fide losers like McClain.

Good signing however you spin it. He will work hard in the purple or he will be looking for a job come sept. I'll take it. For 700k, I surely will take it. I guess I'm the Lone Ranger thinking and hoping #50 starts.

Blog Entries

Another thing to note here is that I get why people maybe don't like the move because of who he is off the field, but all I care about is his performance on the field, and quite frankly, he isn't nearly as bad as some of you seem to think he's been. Since entering the league he's been playing a scheme that simply does not suit him, and he's still been a productive run stuffer with coverage issues. I may be going out on a limb here, but IMO he is our best current ILB on the roster now that he's been signed, he's better than Jameel and will be earning a lot less than him, he's certainly better than BA who we just cut and will even be earning less than him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    BA is too busy with his martyrdom to be worried about playing football.
    Alright, the guy isn't a Raven anymore, are the potshots still necessary?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    What's the risk? The risk is this turd is taking up a roster spot, he's got bust written all over him, and while the money is peanuts in the overall scheme of things, building a team is more than just putting a bunch of players in a bunch of spots. The Eagles proved that. Building a team is about team chemistry. And unless you're Bill Belichick who can handle players like Aqib Talib, you run the risk of upsetting the apple cart with bona fide losers like McClain.
    Yeah, BB is one of the best at turning players...but John Harbaugh isn't far behind, and I think we need to recognize that. We may not have Ray to get guys in line anymore, but between our Front Office and Coaching staff, we have a very professional, straight and narrow group that has a good record of keeping guys on track.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Another thing to note here is that I get why people maybe don't like the move because of who he is off the field, but all I care about is his performance on the field, and quite frankly, he isn't nearly as bad as some of you seem to think he's been. Since entering the league he's been playing a scheme that simply does not suit him, and he's still been a productive run stuffer with coverage issues. I may be going out on a limb here, but IMO he is our best current ILB on the roster now that he's been signed, he's better than Jameel and will be earning a lot less than him, he's certainly better than BA who we just cut and will even be earning less than him.
    I don't agree with that at all but ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Harbaugh won't take his shit. Harbaugh will have him on a short leash. Look what happened to pollard.

Blog Entries
    Harbaugh won't take his shit. Harbaugh will have him on a short leash. Look what happened to pollard.

I tend to agree. If he isn't working out, they'll cut him and move on. But for him it's a chance at payday next year so hopefully he gets that.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

No doubt. But is it really necessary to go through that and risk messing with the team chemistry? It also runs totally contrary to Harbaugh's statement's of wanting only high character guys. BB doesn't say that, so it's consistent when he brings in guys with baggage. It's inconsistent to talk about high character guys on the one hand, then bring in this dirt bag. But as I said...we'll talk again in November. For now it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Yeah, BB is one of the best at turning players...but John Harbaugh isn't far behind, and I think we need to recognize that. We may not have Ray to get guys in line anymore, but between our Front Office and Coaching staff, we have a very professional, straight and narrow group that has a good record of keeping guys on track.
    We'll see. This is a very strange move, IMO. It is NOT risk free, just because they're not paying a lot of money to the guy.

Well, if you want to talk about chemistry... there's two other guys already on the Ravens defense that McClain won a national title with at Alabama. I'd say there's quite possibly a bit of chemistry already...

In any event, what's the worst case scenario? He takes up a roster spot and starts on- or off-field shenanigans? Cut him--you're out $700K. Next man up. OTOH, what's the best case scenario? He fulfills the promise of his draft position for $700K for a year?

That's a no-brainer to me. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Well, if you want to talk about chemistry... there's two other guys already on the Ravens defense that McClain won a national title with at Alabama. I'd say there's quite possibly a bit of chemistry already...

In any event, what's the worst case scenario? He takes up a roster spot and starts on- or off-field shenanigans? Cut him--you're out $700K. Next man up. OTOH, what's the best case scenario? He fulfills the promise of his draft position for $700K for a year?

That's a no-brainer to me. YMMV.
    Short of a miracle, he's never going to fulfill his potential. But we'll see. I'm willing to keep an open mind; I'm just not sold on the idea right now.