Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

I am cool with the signing as long as we can send sim poacking IF he acts up.

Although , why did we cut Pollard and then sign a guy like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Holy shit this guy is a dumbass - "With Ray Lewis trying to make an improbable return this year". He freaking fell for the April Fools story?
    The article was written at the end of November when Ray Lewis was trying to return from injury and Ellerbe was in and out of the lineup with injuries. It was expected that he would be released back then but the Raiders ended up waiting until the off season.

I would be happy if the Ravens signed McLain. He is a good run stopping option that would allow the Ravens to draft best available. He may not be a 3 down LB but he is a good run stopper that is a better fit for the 3-4. A change of scenery and motivation may elevate his game.

Blog Entries

If there is one thing that the Ravens coaching staff excels at it is coaching up LBs. If McClain can't turn his career around with the Ravens, he is finished in the NFL. I have a feeling that this signing is going to work out well. Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders for young players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I am cool with the signing as long as we can send sim poacking IF he acts up.

Although , why did we cut Pollard and then sign a guy like this ?
    Maybe they're under the thinking that since he is 23 and been in a lot of trouble he'll be on point to mind his p's and q's in the locker room, on the field, and off the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If there is one thing that the Ravens coaching staff excels at it is coaching up LBs. If McClain can't turn his career around with the Ravens, he is finished in the NFL. I have a feeling that this signing is going to work out well. Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders for young players.
    This is true.

Other times, it just doesn't matter though...as in the case of Pacman Jones going to the Cowboys.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

smh...

I am TOTALLY against this move for a lot of reasons.

But if they do go ahead with it, I will pull for him and hope for the best.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    But has it been the Ravens coaching staff or Ray Lewis? The success we've seen at the position predates this coaching staff. The one constant was Ray and now he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    But has it been the Ravens coaching staff or Ray Lewis? The success we've seen at the position predates this coaching staff. The one constant was Ray and now he's gone.

Good point

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is true.

Other times, it just doesn't matter though...as in the case of Pacman Jones going to the Cowboys.
    Yeah, but the Cowboys aren't that great of an organization either. A lot of hype, but with little production. I think the Cowboys have one playoff win in the past 16 seasons. That said, Pacman was probably just bad news. McClain went to Alabama, won both the Lambert and Butkus Awards for the best LB when he came out, and is just 23 years old. I think Ozzie would know if McClain was just bad news.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That is a good point, but some of Ray's knowledge had to have rubbed off on the coaching staff and on other defensive players.

I read this article that someone posted and this looks much more promising.
    http://madisonweeklynews.com/rolando...-things-right/

If he is going to turn his life around and get his act together and perform on the field, these are the things he needed to do.
    He appears to be growing up, only 23 right now.
    Maybe his life truly has turned around.
    The pieces appear to be in place for that to happen now.
    IF he comes here, he will fit in with the way the Raven locker room sounded last season from clips we were able to hear and see.

Blog Entries

the fact that he got married could be a good sign too. sometimes a wild man can use that calming influence.

...or she could be batshit insane too and lead to even more headaches for both.
    -JAB