Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I am sure Harbs and Ozzie have already spoken with Michael Huff about Rolando.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...abama/1712553/

I'm not disagreeing, but we've had Ravens who have been charged with stuff that later got dropped, and we're okay with that. Guy has had multiple run ins with Johnny Q Law, so my guess is, unless something big changed and he's able to convince Ozzie and Harbaugh of that, we'd likely just let someone else deal with his character rehab case.

But I don't think just because he had an incident, which the charges were later dismissed, means he's definitely off the radar.
    It's more than just one incident that he had, and this one being dismissed doesn't mean it's not particularly troubling. The dismissal was because the prosecutor decided he didn't want to pursue the case, but the fact that McLain apologized for threatening to kill a man and shooting a gun off next to his head indicates there is something valid about the charge. It's a huge red flag. That's not a guy I would want in my locker room.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I am sure Harbs and Ozzie have already spoken with Michael Huff about Rolando.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Excellent point. Huff was a leader for that team and im sure hed have plenty to say on it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

he's not very good on the field and he's a total dumbass off the field.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Pass. He's mediocre on the field and a douchebag off. He will be in jail or dead in 5 years unless he has a total come to Jesus moment.

What would he give to the team that McClellan and Bynes already provide?

Nothing. Pass.

I would never ever want any person on my team that held a gun to a guys head and made him beg for his life then fire the gun off next to his head. That's lower than Michael Vick status. Scum bag

If he were a better player, I might want him, but he hasn't lived up to his top 10 draft status. Part of me says "he's a young guy" and kids will be kids, so maybe he'd thrive in an environment like the Ravens', with a winning attitude, strong veteran presence, etc. If nothing else, he'd bring back some of that thuggish, old-school Ravens' swag and thump running backs in the back field for TFLs and talk shit, lol. I kinda like him, he reminds me of an old friend I had in high school, who's unfortunately deceased...so maybe that's a bad thing... Hmmm....

I loved him coming out, thought he could be a better version of Adalius Thomas if matched up with a good DC. Obviously he never had that in Oakland, but even without it he has never looked like much more than an average player.

Plus I think someone like Cleveland will sign him for more than he is worth at this point in his career. Pass.

Blog Entries

OAK is taking a page out of Ozzie's book and getting rid of the guys they don't want
    like Huff, Heyward-Bey and McClain - all # 1 draft picks by Big Al. Huff is good but stay
    away from that turkey.

NFL Network had a show on the new gun cult of the NFL and players are saying why
    they need guns when they go into clubs and what not - because they're high profile
    players but the gun club is getting out of hand with Burress who shot himself by mistake
    and Rolando McClain. Those dudes don't need guns.

I just don't see his value. You've got great ILBs like Dansby and Daryl Smith still out there, and tons of talent at the position in the draft, plus a couple of home grown prospects... so where does Rolando really fit in?