Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 412
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,282
    Blog Entries
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I just don't see his value. You've got great ILBs like Dansby and Daryl Smith still out there, and tons of talent at the position in the draft, plus a couple of home grown prospects... so where does Rolando really fit in?
    Dansby is a guy I could see the Ravens signing on a 1 year deal after the draft. He isnt great in coverage anymore, but he could be a solid 2 down guy/depth.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #26

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    He just passed through waivers. I think I am in the vocal minority that would not mind a vet minimum deal. He has potential, but who knows if it will ever be tapped.




  3. Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    He just passed through waivers. I think I am in the vocal minority that would not mind a vet minimum deal. He has potential, but who knows if it will ever be tapped.
    I don't see anything wrong with that. Sign him to a deal similar to what Nmandi (sp?) got in SF. Nothing guaranteed and approx., $1.3M. Basically has to fight for a roster spot.




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,152
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
    On Rolando McClain: Already has 3 offers, 2 other teams interested. Should be quick. Thanks to the head-start from his agent seeking a trade




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,397
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    The dude has been a total knucklehead since he got into the league but he's only 23 years old. A low risk deal would be worth pursuing, even I'll admit.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,399

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    I'm for the Ravens taking a look at him honestly. Based on the fact he comes from Oakland where no matter the talent they have on the field, the players just look to be in disarray, which means there is no direction but up. I blame a little of that on the environment out there and think that a change of scenery and coming to a pretty stable organization could do the kid some good. Low risk high reward with a vet minimum deal.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I'm for the Ravens taking a look at him honestly. Based on the fact he comes from Oakland where no matter the talent they have on the field, the players just look to be in disarray, which means there is no direction but up. I blame a little of that on the environment out there and think that a change of scenery and coming to a pretty stable organization could do the kid some good. Low risk high reward with a vet minimum deal.
    Agreed. There is just SO much potential and we have next to nothing at ILB.




  8. #32
    Who are all these Raiders who blossomed once they left Oakland?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  9. #33

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who are all these Raiders who blossomed once they left Oakland?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Ever heard of Randy Moss?




  10. #34

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Ever heard of Randy Moss?
    Citing a guy who was a known front-runner and quitter when things were going tough years BEFORE he ever got to Oakland, isn't going to do it. Mr. I play when I want to play was already a known sulker in Minnesota.

    Try again.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,399

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who are all these Raiders who blossomed once they left Oakland?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree there hasn't been really anyone coming from Oakland that has flourished after leaving, but for a team that consistently drafts in the top ten, can you say that every player they've acquired just didn't pan out because of talent? Granted the picks for a while where by Al, but these were NFL caliber players they were picking that just didn't pan out for whatever reason.

    Its the same feeling with teams like Buffalo and Jacksonville. They have talent (draft in the top ten every year), but I think the issue really is the team atmosphere just sucks. Those teams are known cesspools where NFL rookies and current NFL players careers go to die.

    Lastly, we just picked up Huff who should have been a pretty good safety by this time in his career. We all followed him pretty much in college, but why do you think he has been subpar at this point in his career? Lack of talent, I think not. Watch him be a different player than he ever was before just by being here. I compare it to being like a job you hate and a job you love. Yeah you get paid at both, but which job would you work harder for.




  12. #36

    Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I agree there hasn't been really anyone coming from Oakland that has flourished after leaving, but for a team that consistently drafts in the top ten, can you say that every player they've acquired just didn't pan out because of talent? Granted the picks for a while where by Al, but these were NFL caliber players they were picking that just didn't pan out for whatever reason.

    Its the same feeling with teams like Buffalo and Jacksonville. They have talent (draft in the top ten every year), but I think the issue really is the team atmosphere just sucks. Those teams are known cesspools where NFL rookies and current NFL players careers go to die.

    Lastly, we just picked up Huff who should have been a pretty good safety by this time in his career. We all followed him pretty much in college, but why do you think he has been subpar at this point in his career? Lack of talent, I think not. Watch him be a different player than he ever was before just by being here. I compare it to being like a job you hate and a job you love. Yeah you get paid at both, but which job would you work harder for.
    Playing for a bad team does not in any way excuse poor play on the field.

    The Browns are a huge joke. That doesn't affect Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, Trent Richardson and guys. Arizona is terrible. Calias Campbell, Daryl Washington, Patrick Peterson are good players. Buffalo has CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, Kyle Williams, Steph Gilmore. Jax has some players like Jones Drew, Eugene Monroe, Justin Blackmon. I could go on and on. AND I'd argue that instead of just saying that the team atmosphere stinks, i'd argue that they are just drafting bad/wrong players. Jax traded half it's draft to us so they could take a top 10 pick in Derrick Harvey. That was a bad pick. Not a bad player stuck on a bad team. They also spent a top 10 pick on Alou-Alou...a guy most thought was a late first/early 2nd at worst. AND drafted a punter in the 3rd round. It's WAY more about them having poor FO's who pick wrong players than these good players who stink because of their team.

    Even on the Raiders, guys have played well...Tommy Kelly made a pro bowl, Darren McFadden is good when healthy, Desmond Bryant parlayed good play to a huge contract. Playing for Oakland is not an excuse! And as for Huff, I think he has had an inconsistent career, but even he has made an all pro team in Oakland.

    This guy has NEVER been a good player. Not average. Not flashing. He hasn't been good at all. And considering other young guys on his very team have had success, you can't blame it on the organization.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland