Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The post your mock here thread....

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I don't think Cyprien will be there at 32 let alone 38.
    Agreed. Cyprien is going to get drafted before Vaccoro IMO, he is just so good and if he was at a bigger school, I'm pretty sure there'd be talk about him going in the top 10.

Obviously Vaccoro is a very good player too, and we should look at him at 32, but I'm not sure he drops to that pick either.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Agreed. Cyprien is going to get drafted before Vaccoro IMO, he is just so good and if he was at a bigger school, I'm pretty sure there'd be talk about him going in the top 10.

Obviously Vaccoro is a very good player too, and we should look at him at 32, but I'm not sure he drops to that pick either.
    If Vaccoro was there at 32, I'd be running to the podium with our pick!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    If Vaccoro was there at 32, I'd be running to the podium with our pick!
    I'd actually love to see Ozzie run to the podium lmao.

"Get out of my way Roger I want this kid more than you want to turn this league into flag football!"

Going to go in a totally different direction with this mock.

1. (32) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - I've penciled Matt Elam into this spot for a long, long time but the Ravens just gave Joe Flacco $120m and took away his favorite target. The story of this draft in 5 years could easily be Ozzie putting the finishing touches on a top-5 Ravens offense that routinely hangs 40+ points on the opposition. Hopkins is a 10-12 year franchise guy at the X receiver position; the kind of guy who just starts all 16+ games and routinely turns in 80+ catches. He might not lead the league in yards per catch but he is the best WR in this class working the sidelines, has the best hands in the class, and "all he does is catch touchdown passes."

2. (62) Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati - The Ravens add another offensive weapon, but this one has a real mean streak. If he had been healthy enough to work out more, Kelce could be challenging Eifert/Ertz for "top TE" billing in this draft, chiefly because unlike both of those two, Kelce combines fluid, field-stretching receiving ability with legit drive-blocking. The Ravens have shown a great deal of interest in Kelce and could pair him up with Pitta long-term to have a legit 2TE set.

3. (94) Barrett Jones, OG/OC/OT, Alabama - If Barrett Jones does drop this far (as most media outlets are reporting he will), it's a crime against football. Jones is just a football player, plain and simple. He is everything you want in a prospect; hard-working, versatile, tough, and smart. People throw around the "try-hard guy" label, but nobody should be fooled into thinking Jones is not a gifted athlete; in 2011 he was good enough at LT to shut down numerous speed rushers like LSU's duo and Auburn's Lemonier. In 2013 Barrett Jones will win a starting job on the OL and will never surrender it.

4. (129) Gerald Hodges, ILB, PSU - And the Ravens grab their first defender of the class! Hodges is an instinctive, athletic defender who looks capable of fulfilling the "in space" role Ellerbe once occupied at WILL. He's not the blitzer or block-beater Ellerbe was, but he has playmaking ability and leadership qualities.

4. (130) Chris Faulk, OT, LSU - Faulk is a tremendous value if he lasts this long. Getting a prospect with legit LT upside in the late 4th is quite a steal, but a combination of injuries and lack of attention could easily cause him to drop. He has quite a long way to go to become a starting-caliber edge protector but Faulk has the athleticism to get there, particularly if he can drop fat and add muscle.

5. (165) Earl Wolff, SS, NC State - Wolff is an instinctive player with a ton of experience in an NFL-style zone defense. The entire NC State defense had a down year in 2012 but Wolff is a quality safety prospect who hits hard for his size and has a great deal of scheme versatility. He'll challenge Ihedigbo to start at SS in year 1 and could also move to FS in the future if he continues to develop his range and awareness.

5. (168) Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, FSU - The Ravens add to their depth at OLB with Jenkins, who will likely not be a big contributor for 2013, but will compete with Adrian Hamilton to add pass-rushing depth behind Suggs and Dumervil in 2014 and beyond.

6. (199) Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon - This seems like an odd pick, but the Ravens don't really have much RB depth behind Rice/Pierce. Anthony Allen is a special teams-only player who doesn't appear to have a future on offense with Pierce taking control of the "power" back role, and training-camp darling Damien Berry has still never seen a regular-season snap. Barner would add a speed element the Ravens don't have in their backfield and challenge for a returner role particularly if Jacoby is not back in 2014.

6. (200) Kwame Geathers, NT/DT, Georgia - Geathers hurt himself by coming out early; with another year at UGA, and a less-deep DL class in 2014, he could have gone much higher than this. He has some scheme versatilty that the Ravens like and moves well for a 350 pounder.

6. (203) Steve Beauharnais, ILB, Rutgers - Khaseem Greene is Rutgers' star defender, but Beauharnais was Rutgers' best LB before 2012. The Ravens have shown a good deal of interest, and Beauharnais is worth a flyer in the late 6th. He's an effective run defender with some underrated athleticism.

7. (238) Brandan Bishop, FS, NC State - Why not? The Ravens add Wolff's running mate to bolster their safety depth. With Christian Thompson's future uncertain, the Ravens need to develop someone behind Michael Huff. Bishop has excellent ball skills and smarts for the centerfielder position.

7. (247) Marcus Cromartie, CB, Wisconsin - Cromartie would be a good value in the 7th. A Combine snub, Cromartie trained with Ike Taylor and Fabian Washington to prepare for the draft, and ran a 40 in the mid-4.3's at 6' 195. He's more than worth a flyer as a developmental project at a position the Ravens almost always seem to draft.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Going to go in a totally different direction with this mock.

1. (32) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - I've penciled Matt Elam into this spot for a long, long time but the Ravens just gave Joe Flacco $120m and took away his favorite target. The story of this draft in 5 years could easily be Ozzie putting the finishing touches on a top-5 Ravens offense that routinely hangs 40+ points on the opposition. Hopkins is a 10-12 year franchise guy at the X receiver position; the kind of guy who just starts all 16+ games and routinely turns in 80+ catches. He might not lead the league in yards per catch but he is the best WR in this class working the sidelines, has the best hands in the class, and "all he does is catch touchdown passes."

2. (62) Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati - The Ravens add another offensive weapon, but this one has a real mean streak. If he had been healthy enough to work out more, Kelce could be challenging Eifert/Ertz for "top TE" billing in this draft, chiefly because unlike both of those two, Kelce combines fluid, field-stretching receiving ability with legit drive-blocking. The Ravens have shown a great deal of interest in Kelce and could pair him up with Pitta long-term to have a legit 2TE set.

3. (94) Barrett Jones, OG/OC/OT, Alabama - If Barrett Jones does drop this far (as most media outlets are reporting he will), it's a crime against football. Jones is just a football player, plain and simple. He is everything you want in a prospect; hard-working, versatile, tough, and smart. People throw around the "try-hard guy" label, but nobody should be fooled into thinking Jones is not a gifted athlete; in 2011 he was good enough at LT to shut down numerous speed rushers like LSU's duo and Auburn's Lemonier. In 2013 Barrett Jones will win a starting job on the OL and will never surrender it.

4. (129) Gerald Hodges, ILB, PSU - And the Ravens grab their first defender of the class! Hodges is an instinctive, athletic defender who looks capable of fulfilling the "in space" role Ellerbe once occupied at WILL. He's not the blitzer or block-beater Ellerbe was, but he has playmaking ability and leadership qualities.

4. (130) Chris Faulk, OT, LSU - Faulk is a tremendous value if he lasts this long. Getting a prospect with legit LT upside in the late 4th is quite a steal, but a combination of injuries and lack of attention could easily cause him to drop. He has quite a long way to go to become a starting-caliber edge protector but Faulk has the athleticism to get there, particularly if he can drop fat and add muscle.

5. (165) Earl Wolff, SS, NC State - Wolff is an instinctive player with a ton of experience in an NFL-style zone defense. The entire NC State defense had a down year in 2012 but Wolff is a quality safety prospect who hits hard for his size and has a great deal of scheme versatility. He'll challenge Ihedigbo to start at SS in year 1 and could also move to FS in the future if he continues to develop his range and awareness.

5. (168) Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, FSU - The Ravens add to their depth at OLB with Jenkins, who will likely not be a big contributor for 2013, but will compete with Adrian Hamilton to add pass-rushing depth behind Suggs and Dumervil in 2014 and beyond.

6. (199) Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon - This seems like an odd pick, but the Ravens don't really have much RB depth behind Rice/Pierce. Anthony Allen is a special teams-only player who doesn't appear to have a future on offense with Pierce taking control of the "power" back role, and training-camp darling Damien Berry has still never seen a regular-season snap. Barner would add a speed element the Ravens don't have in their backfield and challenge for a returner role particularly if Jacoby is not back in 2014.

6. (200) Kwame Geathers, NT/DT, Georgia - Geathers hurt himself by coming out early; with another year at UGA, and a less-deep DL class in 2014, he could have gone much higher than this. He has some scheme versatilty that the Ravens like and moves well for a 350 pounder.

6. (203) Steve Beauharnais, ILB, Rutgers - Khaseem Greene is Rutgers' star defender, but Beauharnais was Rutgers' best LB before 2012. The Ravens have shown a good deal of interest, and Beauharnais is worth a flyer in the late 6th. He's an effective run defender with some underrated athleticism.

7. (238) Brandan Bishop, FS, NC State - Why not? The Ravens add Wolff's running mate to bolster their safety depth. With Christian Thompson's future uncertain, the Ravens need to develop someone behind Michael Huff. Bishop has excellent ball skills and smarts for the centerfielder position.

7. (247) Marcus Cromartie, CB, Wisconsin - Cromartie would be a good value in the 7th. A Combine snub, Cromartie trained with Ike Taylor and Fabian Washington to prepare for the draft, and ran a 40 in the mid-4.3's at 6' 195. He's more than worth a flyer as a developmental project at a position the Ravens almost always seem to draft.
    I like it! really upping the ante on offense. My personal preferences would be a rangier ILB in there somewhere and a higher impact safety but this would be a really nice haul

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post
    1. Cyprien
    2. Armstead
    3. Da'rick Rogers
    4. Kiko Alonso
    4. Sio Moore
    Top 3 won't be there unless we trade up in each round. Cyprien likely gone by 32, Armstead gone by 45, Da'Rick Rogers could go mid-3rd.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I know they are controversial picks but I truly believe that one of Ogletree or Patterson will be available at 32.

And I am curious as hell to see what happens if they are.

Oh to just see a preview glimpse of the Raven's draft board.....

I tweaked my a bit but mostly the same, traded down into the early 2nd for a team looking to take a QB, used that ammo to trade up in the 3rd and trade from the 4th to acquire a 2nd rd pick. From the trade chart the values should work but even if not we have some ammo next season with more compensatory coming that maybe you can give up a 5th in 2014 or something.

2nd round-OT Terron Armstead-We get our eventual LT here, i expect Mckinnie to be re-signed and we can put Juan Castillo to good use grooming Armstead. He's an outstanding athlete but he'll need at least a year get stronger in his lower body, uses his hands better and adjusting to the level of comp in the NFL.

2nd round-S DJ Swearinger-Hybrid safety, doesnt have elite ball hawking range but that is probably the only weakness in his game if you want to call it that. He can play in the box, he can cover the slot, play 2 deep, etc. Would give us a nice tandem with him and Huff.

3rd round-WR Da'rick Rogers-Eventual starter to replace Boldin. Love how he uses his strength and hands to get off the press, almost always look to catch away from his frame. Good initial foot quickness for a guy his size and he's a very natural route runner that doesnt look to be thinking too much or tipping his routes.

3rd round-ILB Kiko Alonso-Starter at either mike or will, plays fast and attacks line of scrimmage hard vs the run or blitzing the a gap. Very comfortable in coverage, can redirect, play a split out back or TE, reads QB well. A bit stiff in the hips compared to say an Ogleetree but his play spead and instincts more then makes up for it.

4th round(compensatory)-TE Nick Kasa-Big inline TE with upside in the passing game, he really gets after it in the run game and has some sneaky speed to stretch the seam, eventual #2 TE allowing Pitta to move around as well

5th round(compensatory)-NT TJ Barnes-The Ravens are pretty set across the line but could use an upgrade over Cody at the backup nose spot. Barnes is a gigantic guy that plays hard and is difficult to move, would give solid run down snaps to keep others fresh

6th roundQB Sean Renfree-Comes from a pro style offense, good arm, pure pocket passer that understands timing, anticipation, etc. Still will make shaky decisions, if thats cleaned up he can develop into and upper echelon backup QB.

6th round(compensatory)-OLB Walter Stewart-Really sucks he has the spinal issue, when i watch him he showcases everything, he plays hard, uses his hands well, can bend the edge, has good intial burst and plays with good leverage. I'd take a flier on him late and see if i can get 4 years out of him.

7th round(compensatory)-ILB/OLB Ian Sluss-Sleeper guy from Portland St. that was brought to my attention, could not stop watching this guy. He's undersized at 5'11'' 235 but he's a good athlete, plays hard and fast. Also comfortable in space, comes from a pro style 3-4 and played every LB in it. Can rush the passer with multiple moves, very instinctive. If you youtube this guy you cant look away, even if i dont tell you his number he just jumps off the screen, worth a late round look to play ST and maybe in the nickel early on and let him compete for more as he goes. Pro day #'s- 4.60 40, 25 reps at 225, 35 1/2 vert

Blog Entries

bmorecareful :

REPLY : I can see Hopkins (WR) in the 1st, but I cannot see Kelce (TE) 2nd. S. C. Safety Swearinger would be my choice there. B. Jones would be a solid 3rd round pick. OK now, I can see Kelce in the 4th round... Bc

Even Alabama Guys like Phil Savage think Barrett Jones is a limited athlete and a 4th or 5th round pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    bmorecareful :

REPLY : I can see Hopkins (WR) in the 1st, but I cannot see Kelce (TE) 2nd. S. C. Safety Swearinger would be my choice there. B. Jones would be a solid 3rd round pick. OK now, I can see Kelce in the 4th round... Bc
    Obviously I grade Kelce as a late 2nd-3rd rounder, so taking him at the bottom of the 2nd is not a reach; I know Walter has Kelce lasting pretty deep into the 4th but he's pretty much alone in that. Every other media/scouting service I'm aware of rates him as a late 2nd/3rd type guy. Obviously I have a much higher grade on Kelce than Swearinger.

Swearinger is a pretty decent player but I'm not super high on him. He's very stiff in coverage and I don't really trust him in the run game; he's plenty physical but his tackling could use a lot of work. I do like him, but I think Wolff in the 5th is a better value than Swearinger in the 3rd, as there's not a ton of separation between those two in terms of grades.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Even Alabama Guys like Phil Savage think Barrett Jones is a limited athlete and a 4th or 5th round pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I definitely get that and Phil Savage is a pro, I'm just an amateur, and not even one of the better ones at that. But go watch his 2011 tape at LT... he's definitely not a quick-twitch/freak of nature kind of athlete in terms of his foot speed and explosion like Terron Armstead, Lane Johnson, etc... but he did a really good job protecting the edge against some good pass rushers in 2011. The kick-step is there, the mirroring, etc, and I think there's more than enough to show that he'll be plenty good enough athletically in the NFL.

Jones isn't going to be a LT in the pro's, but his athleticism is more than sufficient at center or guard. You can easily see that watching his 2011 tape, it's not like he regressed in 2012, but he obviously dealt with some injuries throughout the year. I certainly think he's better than a 4th or 5th round pick, but we'll see what the teams really think.