Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16

    Re: The post your mock here thread....



    Going to go in a totally different direction with this mock.

    1. (32) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - I've penciled Matt Elam into this spot for a long, long time but the Ravens just gave Joe Flacco $120m and took away his favorite target. The story of this draft in 5 years could easily be Ozzie putting the finishing touches on a top-5 Ravens offense that routinely hangs 40+ points on the opposition. Hopkins is a 10-12 year franchise guy at the X receiver position; the kind of guy who just starts all 16+ games and routinely turns in 80+ catches. He might not lead the league in yards per catch but he is the best WR in this class working the sidelines, has the best hands in the class, and "all he does is catch touchdown passes."

    2. (62) Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati - The Ravens add another offensive weapon, but this one has a real mean streak. If he had been healthy enough to work out more, Kelce could be challenging Eifert/Ertz for "top TE" billing in this draft, chiefly because unlike both of those two, Kelce combines fluid, field-stretching receiving ability with legit drive-blocking. The Ravens have shown a great deal of interest in Kelce and could pair him up with Pitta long-term to have a legit 2TE set.

    3. (94) Barrett Jones, OG/OC/OT, Alabama - If Barrett Jones does drop this far (as most media outlets are reporting he will), it's a crime against football. Jones is just a football player, plain and simple. He is everything you want in a prospect; hard-working, versatile, tough, and smart. People throw around the "try-hard guy" label, but nobody should be fooled into thinking Jones is not a gifted athlete; in 2011 he was good enough at LT to shut down numerous speed rushers like LSU's duo and Auburn's Lemonier. In 2013 Barrett Jones will win a starting job on the OL and will never surrender it.

    4. (129) Gerald Hodges, ILB, PSU - And the Ravens grab their first defender of the class! Hodges is an instinctive, athletic defender who looks capable of fulfilling the "in space" role Ellerbe once occupied at WILL. He's not the blitzer or block-beater Ellerbe was, but he has playmaking ability and leadership qualities.

    4. (130) Chris Faulk, OT, LSU - Faulk is a tremendous value if he lasts this long. Getting a prospect with legit LT upside in the late 4th is quite a steal, but a combination of injuries and lack of attention could easily cause him to drop. He has quite a long way to go to become a starting-caliber edge protector but Faulk has the athleticism to get there, particularly if he can drop fat and add muscle.

    5. (165) Earl Wolff, SS, NC State - Wolff is an instinctive player with a ton of experience in an NFL-style zone defense. The entire NC State defense had a down year in 2012 but Wolff is a quality safety prospect who hits hard for his size and has a great deal of scheme versatility. He'll challenge Ihedigbo to start at SS in year 1 and could also move to FS in the future if he continues to develop his range and awareness.

    5. (168) Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, FSU - The Ravens add to their depth at OLB with Jenkins, who will likely not be a big contributor for 2013, but will compete with Adrian Hamilton to add pass-rushing depth behind Suggs and Dumervil in 2014 and beyond.

    6. (199) Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon - This seems like an odd pick, but the Ravens don't really have much RB depth behind Rice/Pierce. Anthony Allen is a special teams-only player who doesn't appear to have a future on offense with Pierce taking control of the "power" back role, and training-camp darling Damien Berry has still never seen a regular-season snap. Barner would add a speed element the Ravens don't have in their backfield and challenge for a returner role particularly if Jacoby is not back in 2014.

    6. (200) Kwame Geathers, NT/DT, Georgia - Geathers hurt himself by coming out early; with another year at UGA, and a less-deep DL class in 2014, he could have gone much higher than this. He has some scheme versatilty that the Ravens like and moves well for a 350 pounder.

    6. (203) Steve Beauharnais, ILB, Rutgers - Khaseem Greene is Rutgers' star defender, but Beauharnais was Rutgers' best LB before 2012. The Ravens have shown a good deal of interest, and Beauharnais is worth a flyer in the late 6th. He's an effective run defender with some underrated athleticism.

    7. (238) Brandan Bishop, FS, NC State - Why not? The Ravens add Wolff's running mate to bolster their safety depth. With Christian Thompson's future uncertain, the Ravens need to develop someone behind Michael Huff. Bishop has excellent ball skills and smarts for the centerfielder position.

    7. (247) Marcus Cromartie, CB, Wisconsin - Cromartie would be a good value in the 7th. A Combine snub, Cromartie trained with Ike Taylor and Fabian Washington to prepare for the draft, and ran a 40 in the mid-4.3's at 6' 195. He's more than worth a flyer as a developmental project at a position the Ravens almost always seem to draft.




  2. #17

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Going to go in a totally different direction with this mock.

    1. (32) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - I've penciled Matt Elam into this spot for a long, long time but the Ravens just gave Joe Flacco $120m and took away his favorite target. The story of this draft in 5 years could easily be Ozzie putting the finishing touches on a top-5 Ravens offense that routinely hangs 40+ points on the opposition. Hopkins is a 10-12 year franchise guy at the X receiver position; the kind of guy who just starts all 16+ games and routinely turns in 80+ catches. He might not lead the league in yards per catch but he is the best WR in this class working the sidelines, has the best hands in the class, and "all he does is catch touchdown passes."

    2. (62) Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati - The Ravens add another offensive weapon, but this one has a real mean streak. If he had been healthy enough to work out more, Kelce could be challenging Eifert/Ertz for "top TE" billing in this draft, chiefly because unlike both of those two, Kelce combines fluid, field-stretching receiving ability with legit drive-blocking. The Ravens have shown a great deal of interest in Kelce and could pair him up with Pitta long-term to have a legit 2TE set.

    3. (94) Barrett Jones, OG/OC/OT, Alabama - If Barrett Jones does drop this far (as most media outlets are reporting he will), it's a crime against football. Jones is just a football player, plain and simple. He is everything you want in a prospect; hard-working, versatile, tough, and smart. People throw around the "try-hard guy" label, but nobody should be fooled into thinking Jones is not a gifted athlete; in 2011 he was good enough at LT to shut down numerous speed rushers like LSU's duo and Auburn's Lemonier. In 2013 Barrett Jones will win a starting job on the OL and will never surrender it.

    4. (129) Gerald Hodges, ILB, PSU - And the Ravens grab their first defender of the class! Hodges is an instinctive, athletic defender who looks capable of fulfilling the "in space" role Ellerbe once occupied at WILL. He's not the blitzer or block-beater Ellerbe was, but he has playmaking ability and leadership qualities.

    4. (130) Chris Faulk, OT, LSU - Faulk is a tremendous value if he lasts this long. Getting a prospect with legit LT upside in the late 4th is quite a steal, but a combination of injuries and lack of attention could easily cause him to drop. He has quite a long way to go to become a starting-caliber edge protector but Faulk has the athleticism to get there, particularly if he can drop fat and add muscle.

    5. (165) Earl Wolff, SS, NC State - Wolff is an instinctive player with a ton of experience in an NFL-style zone defense. The entire NC State defense had a down year in 2012 but Wolff is a quality safety prospect who hits hard for his size and has a great deal of scheme versatility. He'll challenge Ihedigbo to start at SS in year 1 and could also move to FS in the future if he continues to develop his range and awareness.

    5. (168) Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, FSU - The Ravens add to their depth at OLB with Jenkins, who will likely not be a big contributor for 2013, but will compete with Adrian Hamilton to add pass-rushing depth behind Suggs and Dumervil in 2014 and beyond.

    6. (199) Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon - This seems like an odd pick, but the Ravens don't really have much RB depth behind Rice/Pierce. Anthony Allen is a special teams-only player who doesn't appear to have a future on offense with Pierce taking control of the "power" back role, and training-camp darling Damien Berry has still never seen a regular-season snap. Barner would add a speed element the Ravens don't have in their backfield and challenge for a returner role particularly if Jacoby is not back in 2014.

    6. (200) Kwame Geathers, NT/DT, Georgia - Geathers hurt himself by coming out early; with another year at UGA, and a less-deep DL class in 2014, he could have gone much higher than this. He has some scheme versatilty that the Ravens like and moves well for a 350 pounder.

    6. (203) Steve Beauharnais, ILB, Rutgers - Khaseem Greene is Rutgers' star defender, but Beauharnais was Rutgers' best LB before 2012. The Ravens have shown a good deal of interest, and Beauharnais is worth a flyer in the late 6th. He's an effective run defender with some underrated athleticism.

    7. (238) Brandan Bishop, FS, NC State - Why not? The Ravens add Wolff's running mate to bolster their safety depth. With Christian Thompson's future uncertain, the Ravens need to develop someone behind Michael Huff. Bishop has excellent ball skills and smarts for the centerfielder position.

    7. (247) Marcus Cromartie, CB, Wisconsin - Cromartie would be a good value in the 7th. A Combine snub, Cromartie trained with Ike Taylor and Fabian Washington to prepare for the draft, and ran a 40 in the mid-4.3's at 6' 195. He's more than worth a flyer as a developmental project at a position the Ravens almost always seem to draft.
    I like it! really upping the ante on offense. My personal preferences would be a rangier ILB in there somewhere and a higher impact safety but this would be a really nice haul




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post
    1. Cyprien
    2. Armstead
    3. Da'rick Rogers
    4. Kiko Alonso
    4. Sio Moore
    Top 3 won't be there unless we trade up in each round. Cyprien likely gone by 32, Armstead gone by 45, Da'Rick Rogers could go mid-3rd.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,167
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    I know they are controversial picks but I truly believe that one of Ogletree or Patterson will be available at 32.

    And I am curious as hell to see what happens if they are.

    Oh to just see a preview glimpse of the Raven's draft board.....




  5. #20

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    I tweaked my a bit but mostly the same, traded down into the early 2nd for a team looking to take a QB, used that ammo to trade up in the 3rd and trade from the 4th to acquire a 2nd rd pick. From the trade chart the values should work but even if not we have some ammo next season with more compensatory coming that maybe you can give up a 5th in 2014 or something.

    2nd round-OT Terron Armstead-We get our eventual LT here, i expect Mckinnie to be re-signed and we can put Juan Castillo to good use grooming Armstead. He's an outstanding athlete but he'll need at least a year get stronger in his lower body, uses his hands better and adjusting to the level of comp in the NFL.

    2nd round-S DJ Swearinger-Hybrid safety, doesnt have elite ball hawking range but that is probably the only weakness in his game if you want to call it that. He can play in the box, he can cover the slot, play 2 deep, etc. Would give us a nice tandem with him and Huff.

    3rd round-WR Da'rick Rogers-Eventual starter to replace Boldin. Love how he uses his strength and hands to get off the press, almost always look to catch away from his frame. Good initial foot quickness for a guy his size and he's a very natural route runner that doesnt look to be thinking too much or tipping his routes.

    3rd round-ILB Kiko Alonso-Starter at either mike or will, plays fast and attacks line of scrimmage hard vs the run or blitzing the a gap. Very comfortable in coverage, can redirect, play a split out back or TE, reads QB well. A bit stiff in the hips compared to say an Ogleetree but his play spead and instincts more then makes up for it.

    4th round(compensatory)-TE Nick Kasa-Big inline TE with upside in the passing game, he really gets after it in the run game and has some sneaky speed to stretch the seam, eventual #2 TE allowing Pitta to move around as well

    5th round(compensatory)-NT TJ Barnes-The Ravens are pretty set across the line but could use an upgrade over Cody at the backup nose spot. Barnes is a gigantic guy that plays hard and is difficult to move, would give solid run down snaps to keep others fresh

    6th roundQB Sean Renfree-Comes from a pro style offense, good arm, pure pocket passer that understands timing, anticipation, etc. Still will make shaky decisions, if thats cleaned up he can develop into and upper echelon backup QB.

    6th round(compensatory)-OLB Walter Stewart-Really sucks he has the spinal issue, when i watch him he showcases everything, he plays hard, uses his hands well, can bend the edge, has good intial burst and plays with good leverage. I'd take a flier on him late and see if i can get 4 years out of him.

    7th round(compensatory)-ILB/OLB Ian Sluss-Sleeper guy from Portland St. that was brought to my attention, could not stop watching this guy. He's undersized at 5'11'' 235 but he's a good athlete, plays hard and fast. Also comfortable in space, comes from a pro style 3-4 and played every LB in it. Can rush the passer with multiple moves, very instinctive. If you youtube this guy you cant look away, even if i dont tell you his number he just jumps off the screen, worth a late round look to play ST and maybe in the nickel early on and let him compete for more as he goes. Pro day #'s- 4.60 40, 25 reps at 225, 35 1/2 vert




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,178
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    bmorecareful :

    1. (32) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - I've penciled Matt Elam into this spot for a long, long time but the Ravens just gave Joe Flacco $120m and took away his favorite target. The story of this draft in 5 years could easily be Ozzie putting the finishing touches on a top-5 Ravens offense that routinely hangs 40+ points on the opposition. Hopkins is a 10-12 year franchise guy at the X receiver position; the kind of guy who just starts all 16+ games and routinely turns in 80+ catches. He might not lead the league in yards per catch but he is the best WR in this class working the sidelines, has the best hands in the class, and "all he does is catch touchdown passes."

    2. (62) Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati - The Ravens add another offensive weapon, but this one has a real mean streak. If he had been healthy enough to work out more, Kelce could be challenging Eifert/Ertz for "top TE" billing in this draft, chiefly because unlike both of those two, Kelce combines fluid, field-stretching receiving ability with legit drive-blocking. The Ravens have shown a great deal of interest in Kelce and could pair him up with Pitta long-term to have a legit 2TE set.

    3. (94) Barrett Jones, OG/OC/OT, Alabama - If Barrett Jones does drop this far (as most media outlets are reporting he will), it's a crime against football. Jones is just a football player, plain and simple. He is everything you want in a prospect; hard-working, versatile, tough, and smart. People throw around the "try-hard guy" label, but nobody should be fooled into thinking Jones is not a gifted athlete; in 2011 he was good enough at LT to shut down numerous speed rushers like LSU's duo and Auburn's Lemonier. In 2013 Barrett Jones will win a starting job on the OL and will never surrender it.

    REPLY : I can see Hopkins (WR) in the 1st, but I cannot see Kelce (TE) 2nd. S. C. Safety Swearinger would be my choice there. B. Jones would be a solid 3rd round pick. OK now, I can see Kelce in the 4th round... Bc




  7. #22
    Even Alabama Guys like Phil Savage think Barrett Jones is a limited athlete and a 4th or 5th round pick.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  8. #23

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    bmorecareful :

    1. (32) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - I've penciled Matt Elam into this spot for a long, long time but the Ravens just gave Joe Flacco $120m and took away his favorite target. The story of this draft in 5 years could easily be Ozzie putting the finishing touches on a top-5 Ravens offense that routinely hangs 40+ points on the opposition. Hopkins is a 10-12 year franchise guy at the X receiver position; the kind of guy who just starts all 16+ games and routinely turns in 80+ catches. He might not lead the league in yards per catch but he is the best WR in this class working the sidelines, has the best hands in the class, and "all he does is catch touchdown passes."

    2. (62) Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati - The Ravens add another offensive weapon, but this one has a real mean streak. If he had been healthy enough to work out more, Kelce could be challenging Eifert/Ertz for "top TE" billing in this draft, chiefly because unlike both of those two, Kelce combines fluid, field-stretching receiving ability with legit drive-blocking. The Ravens have shown a great deal of interest in Kelce and could pair him up with Pitta long-term to have a legit 2TE set.

    3. (94) Barrett Jones, OG/OC/OT, Alabama - If Barrett Jones does drop this far (as most media outlets are reporting he will), it's a crime against football. Jones is just a football player, plain and simple. He is everything you want in a prospect; hard-working, versatile, tough, and smart. People throw around the "try-hard guy" label, but nobody should be fooled into thinking Jones is not a gifted athlete; in 2011 he was good enough at LT to shut down numerous speed rushers like LSU's duo and Auburn's Lemonier. In 2013 Barrett Jones will win a starting job on the OL and will never surrender it.

    REPLY : I can see Hopkins (WR) in the 1st, but I cannot see Kelce (TE) 2nd. S. C. Safety Swearinger would be my choice there. B. Jones would be a solid 3rd round pick. OK now, I can see Kelce in the 4th round... Bc
    Obviously I grade Kelce as a late 2nd-3rd rounder, so taking him at the bottom of the 2nd is not a reach; I know Walter has Kelce lasting pretty deep into the 4th but he's pretty much alone in that. Every other media/scouting service I'm aware of rates him as a late 2nd/3rd type guy. Obviously I have a much higher grade on Kelce than Swearinger.

    Swearinger is a pretty decent player but I'm not super high on him. He's very stiff in coverage and I don't really trust him in the run game; he's plenty physical but his tackling could use a lot of work. I do like him, but I think Wolff in the 5th is a better value than Swearinger in the 3rd, as there's not a ton of separation between those two in terms of grades.




  9. #24

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Even Alabama Guys like Phil Savage think Barrett Jones is a limited athlete and a 4th or 5th round pick.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I definitely get that and Phil Savage is a pro, I'm just an amateur, and not even one of the better ones at that. But go watch his 2011 tape at LT... he's definitely not a quick-twitch/freak of nature kind of athlete in terms of his foot speed and explosion like Terron Armstead, Lane Johnson, etc... but he did a really good job protecting the edge against some good pass rushers in 2011. The kick-step is there, the mirroring, etc, and I think there's more than enough to show that he'll be plenty good enough athletically in the NFL.

    Jones isn't going to be a LT in the pro's, but his athleticism is more than sufficient at center or guard. You can easily see that watching his 2011 tape, it's not like he regressed in 2012, but he obviously dealt with some injuries throughout the year. I certainly think he's better than a 4th or 5th round pick, but we'll see what the teams really think.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,565

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    Since I live in Portland, I give to you an all-left coast draft. Obviously this won't happen but it's an exercise, right? Drumroll please....

    1. (32) Keenan Allen, WR, California - Might as well start in the Golden Sate with a WR who Greg Cosell compares favorably to Hopkins of Clemson. If Allen is gone then we go with Robert Woods of USC.

    2. (62) Kyle Long, OT/G Oregon. Needs a year to develop but has a huge upside. Alternate pick: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State

    3. (94) Kiko Alonzo, ILB Oregon. Alternate pick: Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State

    4. (129) Phillip Thomas, S Fresno State

    4. (130) Brian Schwenke, C, California

    5. (165) Joe Kruger, DE, Utah A

    5. (168) T.J. McDonald, S, USC Alternate pick: Duke Williams, S Nevada

    6. (199) Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon

    6. (200) Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA

    6. (203) Steve Williams, CB, California Excellent combine numbers.

    7. (238) Michael Clay, OLB/ILB Oregon I think Oregon fans want this guy to succeed more than any other. Clay was the defensive heart and brains for the Ducks. He called the plays, made most of the big plays.

    7. (247) Sam Brenner, OG Utah Needs a year to get stronger and refine his technique (plays too high) but should become serviceable in the league as a decent backup.

    Note: outside of Star there's no big DT types on the west coast this year.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,178
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    ... I'm just an amateur, and not even one of the better ones at that....
    Jones isn't going to be a LT in the pro's, but his athleticism is more than sufficient at center or guard. You can easily see that watching his 2011 tape, it's not like he regressed in 2012, but he obviously dealt with some injuries throughout the year. I certainly think he's better than a 4th or 5th round pick, but we'll see what the teams really think.
    1st, don't disparage your football knowledge, we're all amateurs here.
    I stand by B. Jones being a solid 3rd round pick, especially because the Ravens choose so far down the list. Nothing wrong with a guy who can back-up LG/C/RG at a decent level... Bc




  12. #27

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    One last mock for draft day...

    1. (32) Matt Elam SS Florida - I think I had him going to the Ravens in my very first offseason mock, and now I've circled all the way back. Other possible picks: Keenan Allen, Alec Ogletree, Jon Cyprien, Arthur Brown, Menelik Watson

    2. (62) Sio Moore ILB/OLB UConn - I had previously mocked other ILB prospects like Khaseem Greene and Arthur Brown in this spot, but there are rumors flying that the Ravens are interested in Moore, and he has huge upside. His ability to make plays, rush the passer, and drop into coverage would make him an adequate replacement for Ellerbe.

    3. (94) Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati - I've had this slot earmarked for Da'Rick Rogers for a long time, but I think the Ravens could be more confident in their young WRs than we know. Meanwhile, they have no TEs under contract for 2014 and none that can block at all in 2013. Kelce could easily be the best TE from this class very quickly.

    4. (129) Brian Schwenke G/C Cal - Schwenke might not drop this far, but if he does, the Ravens have shown a lot of interest and his versatility and athleticism fit the scheme perfectly. Possible day 1 starter at LG if KO needs to kick out to LT.

    4. (130) Chris Harper WR Kansas State - The Ravens have shown a lot of interest in Harper, and although I wasn't overly impressed with him early in the process his stock is up in my eyes. His tape proved better than expected.

    5. (165) Jordan Mills OT LA Tech - Mills is not a player I think will go as highly as he was initially projected. His technical deficiencies will prevent him from starting a game anytime soon, but he is excellent insurance for Michael Oher possibly departing in FA next year. He'll be solid depth at OT in 2013.

    5. (168) Brandon Jenkins OLB FSU - Jenkins has endured a disastrous slide this year. Coming off of his junior season he would have been a likely top-60 pick in the 2012 draft, but now he falls all the way to the end of the 5th due to lingering medical issues. Again, a guy who will be solid depth over the next year or two and great insurance against Suggs entering the decline phase of his career.

    6. (199) Keith Pough ILB Howard - The Ravens have shown a lot of interest in Pough and he's a good value here. Doubling up at ILB, particularly with Sio Moore's ability to also play SAM in a pinch, seems like a good idea.

    6. (200) Kenjon Barner RB Oregon - This is not a "need" pick, but the Ravens lack a breakaway threat out of the backfield and could also stand to add depth at returner. Barner would add a nice speed element in a change-of-pace RB role and as a punt returner if Jacoby is not retained beyond 2013.

    6. (203) Kyle Juszczyk FB/HB/TE Harvard - Juszczyk is projected as high as the 4th round in many mocks, but no FB has been drafted higher than the 5th round since 2008 (Rhett Ellison was drafted as a TE by Minnesota last year.) He could easily fall deep into the 6th round or so and would be a very capable replacement for Leach if the team decides to go in a different direction at FB. Unsurprisingly, he's not the mauling run blocker that Leach is, but he is an upgrade in the athleticism and receiving department, and can back up at TE in a pinch.

    7. (238) John Boyett FS Oregon - Another typical Ozzie pick, Boyett would go much higher if not for knee injuries that derailed his senior season. He's not a physically impressive specimen but there are flashes of Ed Reed level potential on tape; at his best, a great single-high safety prospect who is not afraid to shoot down into the box and stick his nose into the play.

    7. (247) Quinton Dial DE/DT Alabama - The Ravens have shown plenty of interest in Dial, a nice late-round prospect with scheme versatility and good upside.




  13. #28

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    1st, don't disparage your football knowledge, we're all amateurs here.
    I stand by B. Jones being a solid 3rd round pick, especially because the Ravens choose so far down the list. Nothing wrong with a guy who can back-up LG/C/RG at a decent level... Bc
    I'd be very much surprised, and maybe even a bit PO'd if we don't nab one of Pugh, Jones, Schwenke or Quessenberry (and maybe even Frederick (who's a better G than C). We need OL flexibility to protect our $120M man.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

    Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

    Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: The post your mock here thread....

    Without trades:

    1. (32) Matt Elam, S, Florida
    2. (62) Sio Moore, LB, UCONN
    3. (94) Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
    4. (129) Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma
    4. (130) Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
    5. (165) Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
    5. (168) Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma
    6. (199) Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina
    6. (200) Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
    6. (203) Quinton Dial, DT, Alabama
    7. (238) Nathan Stanley, QB, Southeastern Louisiana
    7. (247) Nathan Williams, DE/OLB, Ohio State




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland