Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Gun Myth Exposed

This time, it's debunking the myth that cops do not want citizens to be armed.

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legisla...cers-thoughts/

From the piece ....

"The overwhelming majority (almost 90 percent) of officers believe that casualties would be decreased if armed citizens were present at the onset of an active-shooter incident."

Blog Entries

Re: Another Gun Myth Exposed

This makes sense to me, and probably anyone not named Peirs...

Yeah I'm still not sure about that...
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Okay, Maybe it should make sense to anyone not named Peirs.

I agree with the logic. Just, the current DOD training in regards to Active Shooter scenarios doesn't hold that armed civilian or military will lower the amount of casualties.

Both sides provide sound reason and logic, when it comes to this point.

Has there been an active shooter in recent history where an armed civilian was present? If so, did that incident have less than the average death toll?

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I agree with the logic. Just, the current DOD training in regards to Active Shooter scenarios doesn't hold that armed civilian or military will lower the amount of casualties.

Has there been an active shooter in recent history where an armed civilian was present? If so, did that incident have less than the average death toll?
    Yes, the Oregon mall shooter.

The guy walked in shot two people, a person with CCW pulled out their gun and the shooter then shot himself as a result, or at least that is how I heard it went down. Rather typical of these cowards who go to kill people, once they see force or it shows up via the police they kill themselves.

But most mass shootings happen where guns are banned, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post

I think you're asking the wrong question.

There's hundreds of examples of armed civilians who stop violent crime every year. So in essence you're asking for proof from a negative.

I think it can be argued that an armed civilian thwarts the crime before it ever gets to the point of an "active shooter".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

There's hundreds of examples of armed civilians who stop violent crime every year. So in essence you're for proof from a negative.

I think it can be argued that an armed civilian thwarts the crime before it ever gets to the point of an "active shooter".
    Very valid point. How do you track a crime or shooting that doesn't take place?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Very valid point. How do you track a crime or shooting that doesn't take place?
    especially when it doesn't fit the Maintream Media's incredibly liberal agenda. they hushed that Oregon incident as best they could.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    especially when it doesn't fit the Maintream Media's incredibly liberal agenda. they hushed that Oregon incident as best they could.
    Yup. I remember about a week after that happened I said to myself "what ever happened with that shooting in Oregon". Guess those people who died there aren't as important... since they can't be used for a political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

There's hundreds of examples of armed civilians who stop violent crime every year. So in essence you're asking for proof from a negative.

Good point. But I think this would be a "stat" proponents of less gun control would look to research. I always hear that arguement being made....that civilians with guns would equal less crime/violence/active shooters. But it's rarely ever backed up with stats, outside of opinion polls.

News story on the Oregon Mall shooting and the guy who confronted the shooter with his gun.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-ma...183593571.html