Blog Entries

Chris Davis blows game at 1B

O's just lost 2 in a row over the weekend to Minn. They were tied 5-5 Sat night. It was late in the game with runners on for Minn and Chris Davis let a sharply hit grounder go thru his legs and they score the winning run. Then on Sun Davis grounded out with runners on as O's blow another lead to lose it.

The guy on 105.7 was blowing his mind yesterday.

He didn't want Chris at 1B to begin with.

Will Buck keep him there?
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-08-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Davis isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Chris Davis blows game at 1B

That's what I thought.

No one can expect the O's to win all those 1-run games like last year. That was phenominal but they're getting off to a bad start this year.

Still early.

It was a huge mistake not to re-sign Reynolds. Davis will be a really good hitter, but defensively at first he's still a big question mark. Reynolds really sured up the defense at first last year, and by moving Davis there you're also weakening your DH spot. We've gotten zero production from the DH all year as they trot out bums like Steve Pearce.

They also gambled big by counting on 2 guys to contribute who just cannot stay healthy: Brian Roberts and Nolan Reimold. A week into the season and Roberts is already on the DL and Reimold has a sore hammy and may soon join him.

The O's did the opposite of what the Ravens are doing this offseason. They stood pat with an almost identical team as last year and hope the magic carried over. So far it looks like it hasn't.

Blog Entries

Go O's

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    It was a huge mistake not to re-sign Reynolds. Davis will be a really good hitter, but defensively at first he's still a big question mark. Reynolds really sured up the defense at first last year, and by moving Davis there you're also weakening your DH spot. We've gotten zero production from the DH all year as they trot out bums like Steve Pearce.

They also gambled big by counting on 2 guys to contribute who just cannot stay healthy: Brian Roberts and Nolan Reimold. A week into the season and Roberts is already on the DL and Reimold has a sore hammy and may soon join him.

The O's did the opposite of what the Ravens are doing this offseason. They stood pat with an almost identical team as last year and hope the magic carried over. So far it looks like it hasn't.
    You do realize its only 7 games into the season, right?

Reynolds was terrible with the bat last year. He was terrible in the field until the second half at first. He was not worth the money he got. He K's way to much and we have enough K's on the team to begin with. Betemit getting hurt, hurt a little.

Buckle up its one long ass ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    You do realize its only 7 games into the season, right?

Reynolds was terrible with the bat last year. He was terrible in the field until the second half at first. He was not worth the money he got. He K's way to much and we have enough K's on the team to begin with. Betemit getting hurt, hurt a little.

Buckle up its one long ass ride.

He didn't even start consistently at first base until the second half. For most of the season they platooned Reynolds, Davis, Betemit and Nick Johnson there.

His K numbers have decreased every year since 2010 and last year Davis actually had more K's than Reynolds. By not bringing him back we are weaker defensively at first and weaker at DH with clowns like Pearce filling in where Davis should be.

How about that Chris Davis? :p

Blog Entries

If we can just use this thread to pay homage to the legend of Crush Davis...

Nestor apparently decided he's been behaving long enough and on FB, decided to play the PED card, suggesting without outright saying it, by saying every time Chris Davis hits another HR, you have to say "Hmmmmmmmm".

Bullshit. If you look at his career...2008 - 17 HRs in 80 games, 2009 - 21 HRs in 113 games, down year in 2010 with just 45 games, 2011 he bounced between Texas and Baltimore for 59 games...Last year with Baltimore 33 HR in 139 games. This is clearly a guy getting better with experience.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!