Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Coping with Mile High

Biggest adjustment to the altitude isn't the thin air, it's getting enough of this:

You dehydrate much faster when you're 5,000+ feet in the air.

I've lived in Colorado for 10 months and it took me about 6 of those months to adjust to the lack of hydration. I have completely adjusted to the air and I don't get that heavy beating in my chest walking uphill in the mountains.

By the way, I'm not sure there is any way to adjust to the altitude within a week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    We bought a piece of property on a mountain about 6 miles south of Breckenridge and our house here in MD is on the market now. Once it's sold, we're off to CO!

And before anyone asks -- NO! I WILL NOT BECOME A DENVER BRONCOS FAN! What do you think the NFL Sunday Ticket is for??
    Right on, brother. I have lived in Colorado Springs for 6 years now, but I will be a Ravens fan for ever. Welcome to the Colorado Ravens!

I will be in attendance at the game, I fly to the beautiful Rockies on Saturday...Because of the altitude I won't be able to engage in my trademark pre-game ritual, however...

I will consume large quantities of Rocky Mountain-brewed adult beverages though...

We played great there last year and really should have won the game. We have a better team this year should take this one also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Surely you JEST! No amount of winning could force me to drink that rice-brew!!!:insane:
    Of course I do haha I'm Irish, the last thing I'm gonna do is drink piss beer

Blog Entries

I think Aaron mentioned in the chat two weeks ago that the team would fly out there Sunday i.e. there would be no change in plans just because of the altitude. I'll ask him in tomorrow's chat at 9PM.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    Right on, brother. I have lived in Colorado Springs for 6 years now, but I will be a Ravens fan for ever. Welcome to the Colorado Ravens!
    Sykesvilleravenfan ain't no brother, thankfully.

Dammit Sykesville, you've just got me a taste for your pre-game shots and now you're off to Colorado? Looks like me and Kevin will have to make all the trips to the Hilti Lot we can before you high tail it cross-country!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Somebody needs to take up duties to create the "Evil Party Ball II". Of course, these is the other aspect of SRF that is much harder to duplicate.

SRF,
    I'd also like to welcome you to the Colorado Raven Faithful! Get ready to be disgusted by everything Orange and Blue, and if you've got any lingering anti-John Elway sentiment, you'll have to deal with that too, since his mug is on everything out here (at least when you come down to Denver).

Rav52, it will be great to see you again next Monday.

Fade is right on about the water. You can drink as much as you can and it never seems like you can get enough. Especially if you drink something with a bit more of a kick. You can get a bad case of cottonmouth there

And the altitude isn't so much of an issue with elite athletes as it is wth you and me. The more you expose yourself to it, the less of an issue it is.

I'll be in Denver on Monday as well. I still can't forget last year when Boller fumbled the ball without being touched. The guy behind me couldn't control his laughter, and said "No, seriously, is this your team's best quarterback?".

It'll be nice to see everyone's favorite Marine!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Uncle Sam allowed me to make this trip again and I am PUMPED!! My first game of the season and it's on MONDAY NIGHT, Baby!!

WHOOO HOOOO!!

I have an extra ticket for the game, if anyone is interested...it's upper deck, around 20-30 yard line, 20 rows up.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012