Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens diss Orioles?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    IT WAS NOT ANGELOS FAULT!!!!!!

What part of this are you not understanding?????? It was the NFL that refused to move the game. The baseball player union, the Orioles AND the White Sox would have never agreed on a double header. Stop just rambling off at the keyboard and go do some research.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    How do you know this?!! Do you know if they were even asked by the Orioles? Do you know what the compensation package would have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Not to get this discussion started again, but it wasn't solely up to Angelos to reschedule the game. I actually blame Bisciotti far more than Angelos for this debacle. Bisciotti should have done far more to have the Ravens game moved to Wednesday night.
    I'll side with the guy that has done nothing but win since he even became minority owner of a team before I side with a guy that has destroyed what was once the winningest team in baseball. That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Kinda funny that many Ravens fans have viewed the Ravens as a "class" organization, with the greedy Angelos at the other end of the spectrum. After this incident, I'm thinking that the Orioles are coming off as the local team which better serves the fans, while term for the Ravens should perhaps be "low-class".

The story was also at nfl.com as Baltimore Ravens absent as Orioles honor them. So it's not just PFT pot-stirring.
    Wow dude bit salty are ya?

Come on your seriously going to put forth the notion that a franchise that spent 14 straight years losing better serves its fans?
    You think Peter McScrooge Angelos who pockets the MASN money and does not reinvest it in the team is a better owner....seriously???

The Orioles and MLB could have made the SB opening night celebration work if they really gave two hoots about the fans of the Ravens who also happen to be O's fans. They did not. Its a two way street. My guess is that this is a sign of how much Steve B and Ravens really feel that the Orioles tried to accommodate them.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I'll side with the guy that has done nothing but win since he even became minority owner of a team before I side with a guy that has destroyed what was once the winningest team in baseball. That's just me though.
    I can't stand Peter Angelos. That said, this particular incident wasn't his fault. The White Sox also had to agree to move the time of the game as well as the MLB Player's association. On the other hand, I haven't been able to find any evidence that the Ravens did much of anything to have their game moved to Wednesday night. Bisciotti has been a way better owner than Angelos, but that doesn't mean that he gets a pass on everything.

IT WAS NOT ANGELOS FAULT!!!!!!

What part of this are you not understanding?????? It was the NFL that refused to move the game. The baseball player union, the Orioles AND the White Sox would have never agreed on a double header. Stop just rambling off at the keyboard and go do some research.

Right cause no game has ever been rescheduled in major league history for a silly reason like say ....Rain lol
    I am gonna laugh my ass off when it rains that night and they end up playing a double header anyway.
    MLB games get rescheduled all the time when they have to be.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I can't stand Peter Angelos. That said, this particular incident wasn't his fault. The White Sox also had to agree to move the time of the game as well as the MLB Player's association. On the other hand, I haven't been able to find any evidence that the Ravens did much of anything to have their game moved to Wednesday night. Bisciotti has been a way better owner than Angelos, but that doesn't mean that he gets a pass on everything.
    The White Sox and Player's Union didn't get a chance to agree because the Orioles wouldn't agree first. As I said in the other thread, maybe Bisciotti has Jewish investors, friends, and business associates that he wanted to be able to attend the festivities, and maybe that's why he didn't push for it to be moved to Wednesday.

Let me ask you guys this....Why couldn't they play on the Jewish holiday this year but did last year? On the radio just yesterday Bruce Cunningham said the Ravens went out of their way to "Thank the Orioles for trying to work something out"
    The double header gets played if it HAS to be played. They never just play a double header for the sake of just doing it. Why couldn't the NFL play on Friday night and or Saturday? Why couldn't they play on Wednesday? Oh that's right the BS holiday excuse. Should I be offended they play on Christmas?
    Angelos is a POS I can agree but if he is not to blame here why is he being blamed? Its more then just the Orioles fault. And if either team is in the race for the playoffs they aren't going to want to play a double header that hurts two starters in the same day and possibly affects the bullpen.
    As I've said the NFL dropped the ball on Baltimore here. Not PA!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    The White Sox and Player's Union didn't get a chance to agree because the Orioles wouldn't agree first. As I said in the other thread, maybe Bisciotti has Jewish investors, friends, and business associates that he wanted to be able to attend the festivities, and maybe that's why he didn't push for it to be moved to Wednesday.
    Are you a baseball fan?

What do you suggest the Orioles should have done?

Let me ask you guys this....Why couldn't they play on the Jewish holiday this year but did last year? On the radio just yesterday Bruce Cunningham said the Ravens went out of their way to "Thank the Orioles for trying to work something out"
    The double header gets played if it HAS to be played. They never just play a double header for the sake of just doing it. Why couldn't the NFL play on Friday night and or Saturday? Why couldn't they play on Wednesday? Oh that's right the BS holiday excuse. Should I be offended they play on Christmas?
    Angelos is a POS I can agree but if he is not to blame here why is he being blamed? Its more then just the Orioles fault. And if either team is in the race for the playoffs they aren't going to want to play a double header that hurts two starters in the same day and possibly affects the bullpen.

Too much common sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

It just doesn't seem like Bisciotti to have an agenda and say "Hey, let's stick it to the O's and make sure NONE of us support them". Has he EVER done anything like that before?

Not saying it's totally false, but it just seems out of character. And frankly, I can't fault the O's in the debate. It's a bit suspicious that no Ravens ended up there, but there could be more to the story...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Are you a baseball fan?

What do you suggest the Orioles should have done?

I suggest the Orioles should have said, "we'll do all we can. We need to talk to the Sox and the PA to examine all of the options and work out what if any financial compensation is needed". Instead they said' "4:05 is the best we can do, but we know that is impossible. Sorry. Do you guys want to throw out the first pitch or should we put a ball on the mound?"

Do you celebrate Christmas by turning off everything and doing nothing for the day? If you did I bet you would be really pissed if your favorite team and Superbowl Champion opened the season on a day where your religious beliefs prohibited you from watching. Now imagine if they weren't only your favorite team, but you had millions of dollars invested in them and you couldn't watch. You would probably be fired up. They didn't play opening night on Rosh Hashana last year.