Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314
    Blog Entries

Re: How can anyone still believe in God

Did you ever hear of the GAP theory? It's a way for theologians to reconcile with science
    that the earth is billions of years old. I just read that Billy Graham and John
    Hagee are proponents of it and it has to be bad if Benny Hinn believes it.

That's when all the dinos were supposed to live here and the Bible does mention them in
    Job and that's when some theologians believed Lucifer was the prince of the earth and when
    he introduced sin to earth, which was before Adam and Eve sinned.

They were the first sinners of the earth. God said on the 6th day everything he made
    was good, so if there were pre-Adamic fossils that were bad, why would God say that?

Some believe there was a big gap of billions of years between verses 1 and 2 of Genesis.

I guess if you're a long birther, you believe in The Gap theory.

http://creationsciencemessages.org/71gapagain.htm

http://www.gotquestions.org/gap-theory.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-16-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Still waiting for my giraffe or a rollercoaster to just pop into my backyard, uncaused. That said, I don't think my neighbors would appreciate either.
    Though the probability is low, it could happen. However, the probability that your neighbors get annoyed when it does happen may be a bit higher.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Did you ever hear of the GAP theory? It's a way for theologians to reconcile with science
    that the earth is billions of years old. I just read that Billy Graham and John
    Hagee are proponents of it and it has to be bad if Benny Hinn believes it.

That's when all the dinos were supposed to live here and the Bible does mention them in
    Job and that's when some theologians believed Lucifer was the prince of the earth and when
    he introduced sin to earth, which was before Adam and Eve sinned.

They were the first sinners of the earth. God said on the 6th day everything he made
    was good, so if there were pre-Adamic fossils that were bad, why would God say that?

Some believe there was a big gap of billions of years between verses 1 and 2 of Genesis.

I guess if you're a long birther, you believe in The Gap theory.

http://creationsciencemessages.org/71gapagain.htm

http://www.gotquestions.org/gap-theory.html
    I am very familiar with the Gap Theory and to a degree held to it. There are numerous Christian positions that allow for an old universe that is also in agreement completely with the Bible, including this, Day-Age, Progressive, Various forms of Theistic Evolution, etc.

When it comes to how we got here Christians hold literally dozens of positions, though we could probably group them into 5-10. Meanwhile, open minded atheists have one and hold to it despite whatever scientific evidence is found. When one examines it we find many non-square pegs driven into square holes.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Though the probability is low, it could happen. However, the probability that your neighbors get annoyed when it does happen may be a bit higher.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Agree, but the probability is so low it is considered mathematically impossible (which from what I read is generally agreed upon to be 1 chance in 10^50). I can assure you the odds my neighbors would be annoyed is quite a bit higher.