Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Lol wtf?!!?! Joe flacco acting?

Johnny U didn't want to go into the Hall of Fame unless he went in as a Baltimore Colt. He supported the Ravens as the true successor to the Baltimore Colts. I'm sure he would have no problem with Flacco playing him in a movie.

Unfortunately, it looks like those good genes skipped a few generations in his family.

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    Johnny U didn't want to go into the Hall of Fame unless he went in as a Baltimore Colt. He supported the Ravens as the true successor to the Baltimore Colts. I'm sure he would have no problem with Flacco playing him in a movie.

Unfortunately, it looks like those good genes skipped a few generations in his family.
    Players do not go into the HoF as a player of any one team, per se.

All of the teams they played for are listed on their bust.

Since he played for the Baltimore Colts and the San Diego Chargers, those are the teams that are listed.

There was never an issue of him being listed as a player from the Indianapolis Colts. That's not how the Hall works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    "They're trying to do anything on the coattails of my father's name," John said. "It's like prostituting yourself. My father would have nothing to do with it."

I find this line here ironic. Maybe your father wouldn't have anything to do with it but your father also had too much class to rip a Baltimore figure like Flacco or air his family laundry in public.
    Totally agree with this. Being a douche and alienating the city your father has a deep connection to doesn't make up for your brother making a movie about his life. Sounds to me like he's upset he didn't think of it first.

Angry Unitas' grandson says Joe Flacco is an "embarrassing choice" to play Johnny U.

So Joe Flacco has agreed to play Johnny Unitas at the tail end of a new movie coming out in 2014.

Johnny U's grandson doesn't seem too happy about it.

What's this guy's problem?...

http://www.baltimorenewsjournal.com/...tray-johnny-u/

Re: Unitas' grandson says Joe Flacco is an "embarrassing choice" to play Johnny U.

John's family seems to lack the class he had. None of them follow the best rule John Unitas ever uttered, "Talk is cheap, let's go play."
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Re: Unitas' grandson says Joe Flacco is an "embarrassing choice" to play Johnny U.

Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post
    John's family seems to lack the class he had. None of them follow the best rule John Unitas ever uttered, "Talk is cheap, let's go play."
    That's for sure. This guy sounds like a total clown.

Sounds like a family argument over what else, money, that Flacco was wrongly brought in to. From everything I have read, Flacco is only doing the football scenes. Let's not make it sound like Johnny U was above putting his name on things. The guy put his name on a bowling alley.

Re: Flacco's Acting Debut & Unitas' Grandson's Reaction (Merged)

The dude is 24 and judging by his Facebook page, isn't much of a Ravens fan.

He's just immature and now seemingly caught up in a family squabble that was brewing long before this movie was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Wow. Johnny Unitas's grandson is an idiot.
    No kidding. I especially thought this quotation was idiotic:

"If you want a real movie, hire a real actor," wrote J.C. Unitas on Facebook.

I've seen real movies with real actors trying to play sports. They suck at it. The grandson is apparently oblivious to the fact that Flacco is just playing the football scenes with a helmet on. If you want to have a sports movie look like a sport, use real athletes for those scenes, which seems like it is exactly what is happening.

Sounds like someone shooting off his mouth without thinking.

Blog Entries

They really should have Flacco play Unitas for the entire movie, and then add a plot to the movie about Unitas living in auschwitz, that way Flacco can win an Oscar. Could you imagine? Super Bowl MVP and Oscar winner? Damn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    No kidding. I especially thought this quotation was idiotic:

"If you want a real movie, hire a real actor," wrote J.C. Unitas on Facebook.

I've seen real movies with real actors trying to play sports. They suck at it. The grandson is apparently oblivious to the fact that Flacco is just playing the football scenes with a helmet on. If you want to have a sports movie look like a sport, use real athletes for those scenes, which seems like it is exactly what is happening.

Sounds like someone shooting off his mouth without thinking.
    Also should be noted Flacco is only in for the football scenes...Non football would be a real actor.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    They really should have Flacco play Unitas for the entire movie, and then add a plot to the movie about Unitas living in auschwitz, that way Flacco can win an Oscar. Could you imagine? Super Bowl MVP and Oscar winner? Damn.
    You're no Anthony Jeselnik.