Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What position would disappoint you most if we don't address in Rounds 1-5 of the draft?

This all started when I looked over a mock done today...Ravens ended up with Teo, Eric Reid, Stedman Bailey, Josh Evans, Jordan Hill, Quanterus Smith, and Chris Harper (5 round mock, Walter Football by Charlie Campbell). Not a bad haul, but there's one glaring thing missing...not a single OT taken. By that point, we've seen basically ALL the real potential starting options go in Aboushi, Quessenberry, Nixon, Marquardt, Faulk, etc...

That's when I realized, I know Ozzie will go BPA, but it will REALLY disappoint me if we don't come away from this draft with a solid option at OT.

Anyone else have a similar feeling about OT or another position?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: What position would disappoint you most if we don't address in Rounds 1-5 of the draft?

Never mind upset, I think its impossible we don't come out the first 5 without an ILB

Re: What position would disappoint you most if we don't address in Rounds 1-5 of the draft?

Definitely backer. Safety to a lesser extent but LB is the glaring need. When you're talking about converting olb/de's to middle linebackers, you know you're thin.

Honestly, none.

This is a very lean draft in terms of talent and it's almost across the board.

There's a second round of free agency after the draft. I'll be concerned / disappointed if ILB / WR / OT are not filled after that.

Blog Entries

I see a lot of good Defensive Tackles in this draft. I hope the Ravens get one of them. Would I be disappointed if they didn't? Probably a little but it would depend who they got instead.

Blog Entries

The draft is lean with top tier talent, not overall talent.

Id agree I think T and ILB are both positions id be disappointed if they didnt address in the draft. Not for fear they wont be filled, but because they will only be filled by stop gaps and well have the same issue next year or possibly a depth issue this year if said stop gap goes down.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There's a second round of free agency after the draft. I'll be concerned / disappointed if ILB / WR / OT are not filled after that.
    Agreed, but I see a good bit of ILBs available in FA now, whereas there's really only ONE guy at OT available in McKinnie. And don't bring up Gaither's name at all

Unless you really expect a solid OT to get cut post draft...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

interior of the defense - both on the line and LB corp

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Since they already picked up 2 Dlinemen and a FS, we must draft an ILB that they think is good enough to possibly start, and secondly a SS to start. That talent seems to be there.
    With Ayanbadejo gone, there is room on special teams as well.
    So to me, the most important position which must be addressed is ILB (multiple picks) and must be drafted within the first 5.

Along the way, I can see Faulk (3rd-4th) or Marquardt(6th or so).

I think one of Oher and Osemele is locked in for the LT spot for 2013 in the FO/coaches' mind. It'll probably be Oher and they'll either keep Osemele at LG and draft a RT or move him back to RT and draft a versatile interior OL prospect who can play LG and possibly compete with/back up Gino at C (Barrett Jones?)

The LT crowd is going to be disappointed, but the Ravens brass have never turned down a chance to start Oher at LT. They like him there and since 2010 the plan has always been for him to play LT. I think people forget that the real problem in 2011 that caused the Ravens to acquire McKinnie was NOT Oher's play at LT, it was the fact that they only had Jah Reid and Oniel Cousins at RT coming out of training camp, and Reid got hurt in the preseason. Cousins was predictably horrible, and the only real option on the market was McKinnie, who is a LT only.

I don't think Oher would have played a snap at RT after 2009 without the McKinnie situation in the 2011 season and the 2012 playoffs.

I do not like the premise either, but the draft should offer a chance to get some good linemen on both sides. I like the wrs that may be there too. Justin Hunter could be a steal at 32.

:T2:

Blog Entries

I'd be disappointed without an Olineman of some sort. Today's NFL leans towards offense, and Joe Flacco is the face of our team. Protecting him is extremely important. While I know that the top 3 LTs will be gone before the Ravens pick, it's still critical to continuing the Ravens point scoring ability. If McKinnie doesn't resign, do we really want Oher @ LT and Jah Reid @ RT? UGH! ... Bc