Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Torrey Smith on the players lost to Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree that he doesn't fit what the Ravens need, so to speak. However, he is the type of player you draft and figure out how to get him on the field.
    This.

I doubt Tavon Austin is getting past St. Louis, but if for some reason he falls to 32, the Ravens certainly should grab him and figure it out later. He isn't the "big receiver", but he is a game changer who Caldwell can work effectively into a game plan.

Blog Entries

Re: Torrey Smith on the players lost to Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    I'm not sure if I am the only one with this feeling, but I don't really even want Austin. I think that he is a great player but I am not sure how well he will fit in our system and team's makeup. We really need a big WR with strong hands who can catch the ball even with a defender draped all over him. I think we have the speed on the outside with guys like Jones and Smith. And Rice will always be there to catch balls out of the backfield.
    Ideally you want a receiver that creates separation, so they don't have db's draped over them. Also, you are forgetting that we have Pitta who has great hands and is used frequently to make tough catches over the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post

Other than DeSean Jackson and Steve Smith, how many really small receivers recently have had a long NFL career?
    With that philosophy we would have not drafted Joe Flacco. Let alone move around the board for him.

How many 6'1+, 4.5 sec-40 WRs have never recorded a regular season reception? I don't know but each and every year, every team is looking for one.

Still, both questions (yours and mine) are irrelevant to the motivation to draft Austin or not.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver