Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Torrey Smith on the players lost to Free Agency

I don't know if this was posted before, but...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...lacco-contract

I like what he says about all of the players lost and cut. I really like how he answered the question asked at the 2:35 mark of this video. Maybe this will help keep fans off of the ledge.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Re: Torrey Smith on the players lost to Free Agency

The reality is that the passing offense, as far as the WRs and TEs are concerned, began with Torrey Smith. His presence not only allowed Boldin to see single coverage, but against second and third CBs. It also opened up Pitta against LBs. You don't know if you are going to get a Y or X WR to make the tough catches with defenders over him, but you are certainly going to get a WR who doesn't have to make so many of those catches. That is why they were not afraid to get rid of Boldin.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The reality is that the passing offense, as far as the WRs and TEs are concerned, began with Torrey Smith. His presence not only allowed Boldin to see single coverage, but against second and third CBs. It also opened up Pitta against LBs. You don't know if you are going to get a Y or X WR to make the tough catches with defenders over him, but you are certainly going to get a WR who doesn't have to make so many of those catches. That is why they were not afraid to get rid of Boldin.
    And a lot of people don't understand this. The game Denver divisional game where they left Torrey singled (against Champ Bailey), Torrey had 2 TD's.

Now all they need to do is draft Tavon Austin. Imagine Austin getting single coverage in the slot with space to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    And a lot of people don't understand this. The game Denver divisional game where they left Torrey singled (against Champ Bailey), Torrey had 2 TD's.

Now all they need to do is draft Tavon Austin. Imagine Austin getting single coverage in the slot with space to run.
    I can't imagine him making it past the Vikings; they've got two first rounders to play with to try to replace Harvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I can't imagine him making it past the Vikings; they've got two first rounders to play with to try to replace Harvin.
    It's not just Minnesota at 21 and 23. St. Louis lost Amendola, so Austin could go off the board at 16 or 22, if Tampa Bay doesn't grab him at 13 for Josh Freeman. I can't see any scenario where Austin drops past those five picks.

As for Torrey Smith's perspective on the off-season moves, he's right on the money.

I keep misreading the title thinking it says, 'Torrey Smith Lost to Free Agency,' and freaking out. I've done it about four times now

Blog Entries

I know Austin is top of the list for a lot of you guys but man is he small. Is he another Percy Harvin or Dexter McCluster?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I know Austin is top of the list for a lot of you guys but man is he small. Is he another Percy Harvin or Dexter McCluster?
    He's 100x's the player McCluster is.

He's not really Harvin either as Harvin is much bigger.

I think he's a mixture of Wes Welker, Percy Harvin and Eric Metcalf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Cool Re: Torrey Smith on the players lost to Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Remember these words and then be sure to sleep with your night light on: "DESMOND HOWARD"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Remember these words and then be sure to sleep with your night light on: "DESMOND HOWARD"
    I remember similar hype about McCluster, that's all I'm saying. and even Howard was bigger than Austin.... the dude is small ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Austin is small, but he won't take many direct, full impact hits at all
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Austin is small, but he won't take many direct, full impact hits at all
    eventually they all do. I will be happy that the Ravens will not be able to draft him