View Poll Results: These are your only options with pick #32...

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Elam, SS, Junior, Florida (5-10, 208)

12 19.05%
  • Justin Hunter, WR, Junior Tennessee (6-4, 205)

1 1.59%
  • Kevin Minter, ILB, Junior, LSU (6-0, 248)

8 12.70%
  • Alec Ogletree, OLB, Junior, Georgia (6-3, 242)

10 15.87%
  • Eric Reid, FS, Junior, LSU (6-1, 213)

2 3.17%
  • I’m packaging my 1st and 3rd round picks to move up 5 spots to take someone else

4 6.35%
  • I’m trading back 5 spots and getting extra 4th round pick

26 41.27%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Be Ozzie. Tell me which of these SEC juniors you pick at 32.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I'd be pretty happy with all those players, though I don't think we need to draft a CB round 2 unless he's far and away BPA at that point
    Slay at 62 would be a very nice value IMO. You can never have too many corners, particularly with Webb and Smith having repeated injury problems and Brown and Asa Jackson being so raw. If we had to go a stretch next year without Webb/Smith or both, we have a guy good enough start as a rookie. Chykie Brown had some decent moments for us last year, but he also had some times where he was awful. I'd rather not have him as our #4 cb for this upcoming year. If you look at each of the last 5 years, at some point our #4 CB entering the season was called on to start for us.

I doubt Slay would drop to 62, but it's a nice thought.

Elam

My first guess is Elam he seems like he can fit right in the backfield with Huff. Second option is trade down we all know that's Ozzie's style and get more picks. I vote for Elam.

Elam would be a fit considering Thompsons suspension and I'm not too confident at Ihedigbo playing starting SS-type of snaps.

Otherwise, if a guy like Warmack, any of the top LTs, Tavon, etc type of payer is there, then I trade up. If not, then picking Elam, and if he';s not there, then I trade down.

Like someone said, 12 draft choices aren't going to make the team., so trading up to get a really good player in the first would not be a bad move.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Elam would be a fit considering Thompsons suspension and I'm not too confident at Ihedigbo playing starting SS-type of snaps.

Otherwise, if a guy like Warmack, any of the top LTs, Tavon, etc type of payer is there, then I trade up. If not, then picking Elam, and if he';s not there, then I trade down.

Like someone said, 12 draft choices aren't going to make the team., so trading up to get a really good player in the first would not be a bad move.
    I'm not sure what to make of it, but I was listening to NFLN on Sirius yesterday and they seemed convinced that Warmack was going in the top 10, possibly even as high as #4. I just don't think he slips to 32 at all.

I think Elam is the best player on that list and he fills an immediate and long-term need. Yet, I'm not sure I take him simply because of all the nearly-as-good safeties right behind him. If we miss on Ogletree/Minter, the odds aren't as strong that we will have a guy that we want at MLB available at pick 62. The only guy floating around that range that would interest us is Kiki Alonso. I would bet that Reid and Swearingen are both there at 62 and I would rate both of them as almost where Elam is, so from an overall draft strategy standpoint, I would rather address MLB early and then focus on safety in the 2nd or by trading up in the 3rd. Every version of my mock draft I've done on here has us taking Reid or Rambo for that reason.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I was listening to NFLN on Sirius yesterday and they seemed convinced that Warmack was going in the top 10, possibly even as high as #4. I just don't think he slips to 32 at all.
    He won't. He is arguably the best player, regardless of position, in this draft.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    True - I don't think he does either. But if he's in range...
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Personally, If a top 15 talent prospect isn't there, even with Elam on the board, I'd trade back, pick up the fourth and draft Cyprien in the second. This draft goes down in rounds 2-3. The Ravens could really do some damage there.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Interesting that the preference for Elam over Reid is so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Interesting that the preference for Elam over Reid is so strong.
    I agree. I think Reid is the far superior player, and will most likely be available an entire round later.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I fully plan on staying up late thinking we'll be pick at 32 all the while knowing we'll be trading back.
    This. Every year.

Still love the draft...I love watching Ozzie, moving up 4 spots in round 4 because he "know's something..."
    That and the picks when I say, "Who the F is that? Lardarius who??"

:)