View Poll Results: These are your only options with pick #32...

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Elam, SS, Junior, Florida (5-10, 208)

12 19.05%
  • Justin Hunter, WR, Junior Tennessee (6-4, 205)

1 1.59%
  • Kevin Minter, ILB, Junior, LSU (6-0, 248)

8 12.70%
  • Alec Ogletree, OLB, Junior, Georgia (6-3, 242)

10 15.87%
  • Eric Reid, FS, Junior, LSU (6-1, 213)

2 3.17%
  • I’m packaging my 1st and 3rd round picks to move up 5 spots to take someone else

4 6.35%
  • I’m trading back 5 spots and getting extra 4th round pick

26 41.27%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Be Ozzie. Tell me which of these SEC juniors you pick at 32.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I said "Trade back..." but if Arthur Brown is still on the board when we're on the clock, I'm the pulling the trigger!!! However, with the trading back option, I'd just go down and take Robert Woods.
    Bingo

Blog Entries

I'd take Minter but my guess is that Oz will trade back

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Trade back and pick armstead if Arthur brown isn't there within the five spots to trade up. I'd trade up for him no doubt about it. Him and armstead are my one and two wants from this draft.

I fully plan on staying up late thinking we'll be pick at 32 all the while knowing we'll be trading back.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I fully plan on staying up late thinking we'll be pick at 32 all the while knowing we'll be trading back.
    such a mind fuck right...i live in nyc and have free tix to the draft but i chose not to go because i know oz will trade back and i wasted an evening lol

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I said "Trade back..." but if Arthur Brown is still on the board when we're on the clock, I'm the pulling the trigger!!! However, with the trading back option, I'd just go down and take Robert Woods.
    I am on a big Robert Woods' bandwagon right now (but in a trade back scenario). I see the draft with several interchangeable parts at WR, safety and linebacker who the Ravens can grab in rounds 2-4, but (although many would disagree), I think Robert Woods is exactly the receiver that would thrive immediately in the Ravens' offense. That's not to say that other WRs wouldn't, but to me he looks like the most plug and play guy out there for the position and a solid compliment to Torrey Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    The annual rite of a Ravens' fan.

If Ogletree is there he will be the pick without a doubt. The only other player among those I'd be interested in is Reid, but we can probably get him later. Of course if Brown is there I want Ozzie sprinting to the podium, but I think he's going to be gone before we get a shot at him.

Blog Entries

I would not draft Alec Ogletree at all. The issues with alcohol cannot be ignored and, to be honest, I was not very impressed with him on tape anyway. He's a Safety trying to play Inside Linebacker and it is as clear as today on tape.

I choose to trade up. This is the year to do it, because we all know that 12 draft picks will not make this team. There are usually 1-2 Undrafted Free Agents that make the team, along with 1-2 veterans signed between June and August.

Even if Tavon Austin is not there, I have a feeling that a top 15 prospect will fall close enough to the Ravens to move up. Some teams are going to get cute. It happens every year. It might be Chance Warmack. All of a sudden, you can move Osemele to LT and put Warmack at LG day 1. It might be Tavon Austin, while the slot/scat guy continues to be overlooked that high.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Even if Tavon Austin is not there, I have a feeling that a top 15 prospect will fall close enough to the Ravens to move up. Some teams are going to get cute. It happens every year. It might be Chance Warmack. All of a sudden, you can move Osemele to LT and put Warmack at LG day 1. It might be Tavon Austin, while the slot/scat guy continues to be overlooked that high.
    I chose move down and pick up a 4th, but if Warmack fell to the mid 20's for who knows what reason, moving up to grab him and sliding KO to LT is a no brainer.

I think that you could trade back to 37 and get one out of Ogletree/Elam/Minter. One of those guys will be left. Then with our natural pick 62, I would think Reid (assuming no Elam) or Hunter would still be available there.

Heck, we could draft Minter 37, Hunter 62nd, and package the 4th rounder we got from trading back to 37 along with a 6th rounder and move up to the top of the 3rd round and get Reid. It's an SEC draft. My mock has the Ravens taking Minter, Reid, and Mathieu.

Blog Entries

Shaslers, in short, if we were forced to choose between your selection, we might have different ideas of who we would take. However, if we had the opportunity to move out of that spot and none of the top first round talent fell close enough for us to move up with a third at the most, I think we'd all trade back. We all believe that most of the guys you optioned will be available at the top of the second.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore