Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

NFL Top 100 RSR Ravens prediction thread

NFL.com says the NFL's top 100 will again be airing in a series of shows 'after the draft'.

Whilsts its quiet, I thought it would be interesting to see and discuss where everyone thought all the ravens will be ranked.

I have drafted my own list below, but thought the show would be premised around last season's play (so for example Ray Lewis would be eligible) but its named 2013...? So if someone could clear that up, would be great.

Also given Jim was ranked as better than John Harbaugh in Adam Schein's 9 best current HCs article (nfl.com 4/4/13), it would be worth pointing out if you do a prediction, put them in the position you think they will appear on the list, so include the national opinion filters, like where we saw 49 red Broncos states and 1 blue Maryland state before the divisional round*and not how good you think they are, or do both.

If everyone is done by the time first show airs, we can see who is closest.

This is my draft lis..... Err rough 1st attempt at a list.

Flacco (2011 list-90, 2012 list-74) my 2013 guestimate No.17
    Suggs (2011-40, 2012-11) 23
    Rice (2011-56, *2012-22) 34
    Reed (2011-5, 2012-16) 38
    Yanda (new entry) 39
    Ngata *(2011-17, 2012-9) 48
    Ray Lewis (2011-4, 2012-20) 55
    Torrey Smith (new entry) 72
    Leach (2011-65, 2012-45) 75
    Jacoby Jones (new entry) 98

Having 10 on the list would be a bit ridiculous, but we are SB Champions with several amazing clutch playoff-run individual performances. Althought I am not sure if they only consider regular season performance?

I haven't seen much of*Dumervil but he was 2012-68
    Our other acquisitions don't appear on the list.*
    Kruger and Boldin may scrape on the list as well

The whole list is here > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Top_100
    You can vote if think your prediction might be a bit off and posters start giving you hassle here > http://top100.nfl.com/*
    This should be interesting.

Re: NFL Top 100 RSR Ravens prediction thread

We are most likely going to have fewer players than last year as the list is where they rank going into 2013 based on what they showed in 2012. If I were to guess Flacco, Rice, Leach, Ngata and Dumervil make it, with Suggs and Yanda having good chances, and Jacoby and Torrey possible but not likely.

Blog Entries

On offense, in the discussion to me would be: Flacco, Rice, Leach, Pitta, Torrey?, Yanda, KO?
    On defense, in the discussion to me would be: Dumervil, Ngata, Suggs, Art Jones?, Webb?
    Justin Tucker and Sam Koch probably wouldn't be there, but maybe?
    Jacoby Jones might make it on name, but honestly he's so hit or miss, I'd be upset if he made it over Torrey.

Reed and Boldin would get mention as former Ravens, as may Kruger and Ellerbe. Cary Williams could, but I'd be shocked.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I would suck at ranking them, but Flacco is hands down going to be the top Raven now. Hopefully Yanda is top 40, he should be one of the top OL on the list. Rice would be top 30. Honestly on D...Dumervil would probably be the top D player at this point. Suggs had such an off year, I think he makes it pretty low on the list.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Offense:
    Flacco (could be top 20)
    Rice (Should be anywhere between 20-40)
    Leach (40-50)
    Yanda (New entry, but he should be there ala Ryan Kalil last year)

Torrey and Jacoby have a shot, but I doubt they make it in.

Defense:
    Sizzle (should probably be 80-100 because of his injury season)
    Ngata (20-40)
    Dumervil (30-50)
    Ray Lewis (Can he get i even if he's retired?)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I would suck at ranking them, but Flacco is hands down going to be the top Raven now. Hopefully Yanda is top 40, he should be one of the top OL on the list. Rice would be top 30. Honestly on D...Dumervil would probably be the top D player at this point. Suggs had such an off year, I think he makes it pretty low on the list.
    I think Ngata will finish significantly higher than Dumervil. Despite what a portion of Ravens fans think of him, Ngata is still nationally heralded as an unstoppable DT and unblockable at his best. Ngata is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL when he's healthy.

Blog Entries

I don't think Joe will be nearly as high as some of you guys do. As much as we love him and as good as he was in the postseason, he still has his doubters. I think he'll be about 35-40, roughly the 6th or 7th rated QB (probably behind Matt Ryan!)

Full list:

Ngata
    Suggs
    Dumervil
    Reed
    Rice
    Flacco
    Leach
    Yanda

I would add Birk who had his best season. And of course, a rookie in KO, he was a beast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by inexplicable View Post
    I don't think Joe will be nearly as high as some of you guys do. As much as we love him and as good as he was in the postseason, he still has his doubters. I think he'll be about 35-40, roughly the 6th or 7th rated QB (probably behind Matt Ryan!)

Full list:

Ngata
    Suggs
    Dumervil
    Reed
    Rice
    Flacco
    Leach
    Yanda
    Doubters in the media. He is actually well respected by the actual players.

In 2011 they ranked him at around 90 I think, the next year he had a huge rise to the 70's IIRC. Now that he's won the SB, I think he may get a top 20 ranking, we'll see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think Ngata will finish significantly higher than Dumervil. Despite what a portion of Ravens fans think of him, Ngata is still nationally heralded as an unstoppable DT and unblockable at his best. Ngata is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL when he's healthy.
    the "when he's healthy" part of that is why I don't think he ranks above Dumervil. Dumervil had a great year last year, Ngata didn't. Ngata will probably rank in Top 50, but I still say he comes in lower than Dumervil.

As for Joe, I never said Top 20, but I think the SB MVP cred buys him top 25. I'd rate his 2012 play, if you count in the SB, as Top 3 QB (Brees would not be Top 5 for last year).

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    (Brees would not be Top 5 for last year).
    I think he might still be considered in the top 5 QB for last year based soley on breaking Johnny Unitas' consecutive games with at least one passing TD record that many thought was the unbreakable NFL record.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Joe Flacco - #5-20
    Haloti Ngata - #20-30
    Ray Rice - #40-60 (tough to predict, known as a great player but wasn't really the focus of the offense during the playoff run)
    Elvis Dumervil - #50-60
    Marshal Yanda - #65-75
    Vonta Leach - #70-80
    Terrell Suggs - #85-100