Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Kevin Byrne slams Mike Preston over his Reed comments

Sorry I'm at work and can't link the article. Can somebody help me out? Byrne puts to bed any kind of idea that Reed wasn't wanted back. He is a Raven for life. Awesome of Byrne to take his back like that and expose Preston for the hack he is. Byrne Identity BR.com

Re: Kevin Byrne slams Mike Preston over his Reed comments

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. Its a good read. He calls out PFT too, as well as reports that a certain player (Oher) is "stupid".

Blog Entries

I wish he would have been more critical but even going this far is more than I've seen any Ravens (besides Joe Flacco) do.

Mike Preston stating his opinion as fact? Never!
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 04-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Mike Preston stating his opinion as fact? Never
    Byrne calling out Preston is just silly. Preston gets paid to stir the pot. And stir he did.. The Ravens should go back to the old days where they didn't give Preston the time of day. Remember that? He wrote the same Billick bashing article 7-8 times a season because he didn't have anything else to write about. That's how you keep Preston in check. Ignore him.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 04-05-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Did we ever find out how much we offered Reed? I saw a lot of unfounded guesses/rumors, but never saw any semi-official announcement (from Reed camp or even a reputable NFL source).

That information would go a long way to dispelling Preston's notion. If we offered Reed $3M/year it makes it harder to argue that we (Harbaugh) did not want him. If we offered him league minimum plus incentives, or didn't offer him anything at all, then it is easier to argue we wanted to part ways.

I'm glad someone finally stood up to that ass. I am so tired of the "he is paid to stir the pot" crap.

He is paid to be a journalist. Why doesn't he just write an exposé on how Brian Billick is really a woman, and John Harbaugh was abducted by aliens and replaced with a double who knows nothing about football? That would stir the pot. Bt it is not journalism. It is a pack of unfounded horseshit, just as this "Harbaugh wanted Reed gone" stuff is.

Be a journalist. Do your job. Maybe dig up an old Tom Boswell or Shirley Povich column. Hack.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm glad someone finally stood up to that ass. I am so tired of the "he is paid to stir the pot" crap.

He is paid to be a journalist. Why doesn't he just write an exposé on how Brian Billick is really a woman, and John Harbaugh was abducted by aliens and replaced with a double who knows nothing about football? That would stir the pot. Bt it is not journalism. It is a pack of unfounded horseshit, just as this "Harbaugh wanted Reed gone" stuff is.

Be a journalist. Do your job. Maybe dig up an old Tom Boswell or Shirley Povich column. Hack.

He won't do that. He is too busy feeding his fat arse shoving donuts down his piehole.

I wonder what a real sports journalist like Ken Rosenthal thinks of this sorry excuse for a reporter. Like the quoter, I am tired of hearing, "he's only stiring the pot".