Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 60
  1. #13

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB



    Love what i've seen from him in the preseason, like his effort, just felt he was a bit of a tweener, im intrigued now to see how he moves around in space. Would be nice to see him become a valuable ST player.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,072
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB

    If this is any indication of how the Ravens will address the ILB position (In other words, how they've down for years now), they won't be drafting Kevin Minter, Manti T'eo or anybody in the early rounds, no matter what any of us think.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #15

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB

    I like the idea since he played it in hs. The 3-4 needs an ilb with the mentality and block defeating ability of a dt. The sprint option has brought the big play back to the run game. The ravens were exposed last year in coverage despite having a top notch secondary in large part because they could not stop the run with just the front 7.







  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,932
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB

    This is the "Reverse Kruger" experiment... Bc




  5. #17

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This is the "Reverse Kruger" experiment... Bc
    Sounds like a wrestling maneuver.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    809

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB

    Not a bad move for Hall. He had zero chance of making the team at DL. At linebacker he has nothing but UDFA's like himself ahead of him. He apparently wanted to play ILB in college but they had him put on weight to play at DT




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This is the "Reverse Kruger" experiment... Bc
    Kruger was a second round pick and had a significant amount of investment put into him, at least a lot more than Bryan Hall. Bryan Hall is only an undrafted player and has next to no cap value on the team and no picks are invested into him. This is a move that could possibly work out really well, and we don't even have to pay him yet.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toluca Lake, CA
    Posts
    1,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB

    If he is so athletic and the move to MiLB doesnt work out, why can't he move to OLB for depth and ST's as well. No lose situation.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bryan Hall switching to inside LB

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I heard Ryan Mink suggest this in a video on BR a few days ago. Maybe my memory is just fuzzy but i dont think Hall is a better athlete than Upshaw and I dont think Upshaws primed for that position switch either. Pees has me questioning this mindset of everybody play everywhere with a simple saying "jack of all trades, master of none". I like the idea of the best players playing, but i dont like the idea of our best players playing out of position simply because we didnt fill a hole. Having a guy have a defined role allows him to play to strengths and minimize weaknesses.

    Its not always a bad thing to have your best pass rusher beside you when its an obvious run play and your best run stuffer is in the game instead. or vice versa. Ill wait to see the end product but this all seems like putting square pegs in round holes just because we have nothing better to fill them with currently.

    Article says he lost 25lbs so hes 6'-0" 270 +/- right now. id assume 250 is the goal for ILB.
    Can't disagree more. He's very athletic for his weight, and you have to think that he'll be even more athletic once he sheds the weight. At the end of the day, the coaches are seeing these guys on the practice field every day, and there is obviously a reason why they're doing this.




  10. #22

    Re: Bryan Hall at ILB

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Not a bad move for Hall. He had zero chance of making the team at DL.
    Hyperbole much?

    We hear comments like this every year....player A won't make the team and, come late August, he's not even one of the last 3-4 guys fighting for a roster spot. Hall is well above a 50% favorite to make the Ravens, whether as a D-lineman or a MLB.

    There is just no precedent in the Ravens' post-Harbaugh history to suggest he would even be considered to be cut, particularly with being under team control through 2015. This wasn't a guy who was added off a practice squad who was signed with 3 weeks left in the year. This was a guy who made the team out of camp last year and was on the active roster all 16 games. Raven history suggests that that type of player is never released. The only two guys I can think of who come to mind who defy this exception were Marcus Smith and Antwan Barnes. Smith was cut before 2011 and Barnes was traded to Philly because he was likely to be cut. However, the big difference was that both of those guys were entering their 4th NFL season, so IRing them for another year wasn't an option, since they would have been UFAs.

    60% chance Hall makes the Ravens. 40% chance he is IRed and saved for 2014 and 2015. 0% chance he is cut.




  11. #23

    Re: Bryan Hall switching to inside LB

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Can't disagree more. He's very athletic for his weight, and you have to think that he'll be even more athletic once he sheds the weight. At the end of the day, the coaches are seeing these guys on the practice field every day, and there is obviously a reason why they're doing this.
    Well see. I think there is a certain heirarchy for positions and athlectism. An athletic DT doesnt equate to an athletic ILb. Cutting weight isnt always the cure all people seem to think it is. Honestly i dont remember halls play enough to justly say he cant but knowing the positions i do find it highly unlikely. Like i said, well see. Obviously i wish him well for our sake but this staff isnt without fault with players switching and playing out of position, see paul kruger, michael oher, etc.

    I think they like him, but id say their depth at DL is driving this more than his ability at ILB which is yet to be seen by any of us, including them.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 04-06-2013 at 05:57 AM.
    -JAB




  12. #24

    Re: Bryan Hall switching to inside LB

    I seriously doubt the coaching staff handed out color coded badges then spun the Twister spinner to see who was switching to ILB.

    Obviously they see the athletic ability and work ethic in Hall that they feel he can potentially fill the role. Nothing to lose here trying it out.

    I also do not see a move like this precluding them from taking an ILB in the draft if a guy they like is there in the first 3 rounds. This seems to be a move where if it works out then he could potentially take a guy like McClains spot when the cap ramifications of cutting him are more friendly. This to me is about the Ravens trying to find use for a guy who they like, respect and would not have a spot on the team otherwise likely.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland