Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryan Hall switching to inside LB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I heard Ryan Mink suggest this in a video on BR a few days ago. Maybe my memory is just fuzzy but i dont think Hall is a better athlete than Upshaw and I dont think Upshaws primed for that position switch either. Pees has me questioning this mindset of everybody play everywhere with a simple saying "jack of all trades, master of none". I like the idea of the best players playing, but i dont like the idea of our best players playing out of position simply because we didnt fill a hole. Having a guy have a defined role allows him to play to strengths and minimize weaknesses.

Its not always a bad thing to have your best pass rusher beside you when its an obvious run play and your best run stuffer is in the game instead. or vice versa. Ill wait to see the end product but this all seems like putting square pegs in round holes just because we have nothing better to fill them with currently.

Article says he lost 25lbs so hes 6'-0" 270 +/- right now. id assume 250 is the goal for ILB.
    If he has lost 25 lbs already. Losing another 20 lbs or so would be losing like 40-45 lbs, I doubt that will happen. Their is no written in stone rule on what you need to weigh to play a position as long as you are good at it. I cant imagine a player losing 45lbs from one season to the next who wasn't fat to begin with. The guy is only 6ft tall. With his atleticism, and dropping even 20lbs, he could play OLB, hydrid OLB/DE or MLB...gives the Ravens options for a interior DL man who would be caught in a logjam. Hope it works out. Nothing to lose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    If he has lost 25 lbs already. Losing another 20 lbs or so would be losing like 40-45 lbs, I doubt that will happen. Their is no written in stone rule on what you need to weigh to play a position as long as you are good at it. I cant imagine a player losing 45lbs from one season to the next who wasn't fat to begin with. The guy is only 6ft tall. With his atleticism, and dropping even 20lbs, he could play OLB, hydrid OLB/DE or MLB...gives the Ravens options for a interior DL man who would be caught in a logjam. Hope it works out. Nothing to lose.
    Nagata "could play" safety, Doesnt mean hes best suitsd to. I think this is a move simply to keep around a player they like and nothing more. Desperate attempt even. Knowing how the position od ILB has changed over the years i just dont see how a DT, even an athletic one, can make the transition to basically a large safety which is ideal for todays game. Theres a reason ray lewis and mcclain dropped down to 230-240. Because big run stuffing ILB arent needed anymore and coverage skills are emphasized.

Blog Entries
    The Redskins did something similar with Lorenzo Alexander and he turned out to be a pretty solid linebacker for them.

I would love to see Hall out there. That guy has always impressed me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post

I doubt he was 290. Maybe at his heaviest. The Ravens website still had Kruger at 275 pounds for a while and there was no way that was true. There was no way he was heavier than Suggs.

Hall was probably more along the lines of 275-280. So, dropping 20 pounds isnt that unheard of as long he is doing it the right way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Redskins did something similar with Lorenzo Alexander and he turned out to be a pretty solid linebacker for them.

He played defensive end and moved to outside linebacker. I dont think many would even bat an eye at that move. DT to ILB is a completely different animal imo. If we had a hole at SAM id be a lot more receptive to the idea.
    -JAB

I agree. He never fails to grab your attention. I'm sure the coaches see the same thing.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

He played defensive end and moved to outside linebacker. I dont think many would even bat an eye at that move. DT to ILB is a completely different animal imo. If we had a hole at SAM id be a lot more receptive to the idea.
    Alexander played ST's, inside linebacker, DE, and outside linebacker.

However, my point was he was around 275-280lbs and was kind of a tweener. He worked hard and was able to drop weight and play multiple positions. He ended up being a solid player for their D and ST's for a few years.

DE, DT, ILB, OLB. Super athgletic, yadda, yadda. Might as well try him at LT . . . ?

Blog Entries

I doubt he was 290. Maybe at his heaviest. The Ravens website still had Kruger at 275 pounds for a while and there was no way that was true. There was no way he was heavier than Suggs.

Hall was probably more along the lines of 275-280. So, dropping 20 pounds isnt that unheard of as long he is doing it the right way.

I can see dropping 20lbs, but in the article it said he lost 20lbs already so he must of been close to 290. I cant see him losing another 20lbs, that's 40lbs!

Kruger was a legit 270lb guy, Suggs probably was too, he was heavier this year and looked it.

The idea of him getting to 250 seems like alot of weight to lose in 1 year for a 6ft dude.

Blog Entries
    40 lbs is not a daunting task especially weighing 280/90 starting out. I dropped from 215 to 165 in about 6-7 months. Just requires you to be good on your diet and work out. No reason why a pro athlete can't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trivia Question....

Name the player the Ravens drafted as a 290 lb defensive tackle from a school in the southeast, who, like Hall, was a reserve and got one start at DT in his first two years before he dropped down to 260 lb and moved to linebacker, where he saw considerably more action for the remainder of his career with the Ravens?

Hint: As a DT he wore #76.

Re: Trivia Question....

Ah- the not good enough Jarret Johnson! ding ding ding! lol

A trend we should be noticing is one you see clearly with the Patriots and their now very big and nasty LB corps. Very possibly we are doing the same.