Thread: David Mims

David Mims

NOTE: Before anyone thinks I'm trying to talk him up as a starting LT I'm not. Just wondering what people think.

I've brought him up before, he was signed last year. Guy has remarkable size (6'8, 335 lbs, 36 7/8" arms). Been trying to find tape, but very little college tape (Went to Virginia Union) and a few random youtube videos. Is anyone farmiliar with him? Does he have any potential?

I mean we are talking about finding a project LT is this him?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: David Mims

I really don't know about guys like this. Sure he has the perfect size to play there, but you should never have any realistic hopes of him becoming anything more than a back up player at best for guys like this.

Blog Entries

well find out once OTAs and eventually TC start... hes here to do exactly that.
    -JAB

I think he's more of a right tackle prospect. I know we were high on him when he was coming out of college, as we visited with and worked him out prior to the draft.

If you go to the Kansas City Chiefs message boards (Mims was on their practice squad last year), you find some fairly amusing posts. Apparently, Mims gained a mock-cult following similar to the one Paul Kruger had here during his first few years. The best post I saw to support that is:

"I’d be sadder about Mims leaving if he had done anything to justify staying, outside of building a Chuck Norris-like following."

Blog Entries

I'm not optimistic of his chances...

but hey, at one time, we signed a guy like that off the Tennessee Titans P Sq...CB who seemed to just be TC depth.

His name was Cary Williams.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

As Film Study would say - what are his arm lengths?

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    As Film Study would say - what are his arm lengths?
    could the right be different than the left? lol

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm thinking practice squad is the best Mims can hope for this year