Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

The entitlement mentality is hardly confined to any one group, gays included.

Every segment of society has a small contingent with their hand out or with a "look at me" attitude.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Re: 4 Gay Players Might Come Out

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The entitlement mentality is hardly confined to any one group, gays included.

Every segment of society has a small contingent with their hand out or with a "look at me" attitude.
    I'm well aware of this. I'm a big guy, 6'2 and around 320 pounds so I find it annoying when other fat-asses complain about seats not being big enough on planes or in theaters. Don't like it, lose weight.

It's the small segment of a population that pisses people off. The preacher from Kentucky and Kirk Cameron make it seem like all Christians hate gays. That's simply not true. Even the majority of Christians don't hate gays. Spammy is gonna say something about the marriage issue, so I'll go ahead and respond. There are gay people who don't believe in same sex marriage.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

going back to why a gay player has to have a press conference rather just live their life and not let it become a story... insert kerry rhodes (no pun intended).

Apparently he was on vacation and had some photos taken with another guy and immediately speculation was he was gay and the media ran with it. Hes since said he supports gay players coming out but is not one himself. This is the problem with saying things are equal and they should just live and let it be. even if youre not gay the media is going to make it something, let alone if you actually are.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    going back to why a gay player has to have a press conference rather just live their life and not let it become a story... insert kerry rhodes (no pun intended).

Apparently he was on vacation and had some photos taken with another guy and immediately speculation was he was gay and the media ran with it. Hes since said he supports gay players coming out but is not one himself. This is the problem with saying things are equal and they should just live and let it be. even if youre not gay the media is going to make it something, let alone if you actually are.
    That's the problem with media, as sports fans know. No way to sell papers/hits unless there's some huge story no matter if it's true or not. So the media blows a story way out of proportion and fans are left saying, "I don't care who he's boinking. I just want to know if he'll help us win another Super Bowl."
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock