Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
Here's a sick fact for people minimizing the impact of anti gay attitudes that are strongly prevalent in this country (especially in the Bible Belt, despite darb's unawareness of it).

The Suicide Prevention Resource Center estimated that between 30 and 40% of LGBT youth, depending on age and sex groups, have attempted suicide.

Between 30 and 40 fucking percent.

Further, studies have indicated that suicide, drug abuse, and depression all show statistical upticks in areas that pass laws against the rights of homosexuals such as Constitutional Amendments banning gay marriage.

Imagine the kind of pressure that these kids are under to drive numbers like that.
I'm tickled you think I'm "unaware" of anything.

Let's play a little game I like to call "liar or ignorant". I'm going to take your "facts" and we'll decide if you're a liar, or just ignorant.

-You say that anti-gay attitudes are virulent, particularly in the Bible Belt. Since you've stated this opinion as fact, you're going to have to prove it, or you're a liar.

-You say that between 30 and 40 percent of gay teens have attempted suicide. Haloti destroyed this one, so we'll go with ignorant.

-You say that studies have shown an uptick in suicides in places that pass anti-marriage laws. Show them to us, or you're a liar.

ASB, you're young and full of righteous indignation because of how some folks are treated. That's admirable. It's also makes you incredibly short sighted. There are two sides to every argument and as you grow older, you'll develop the ability to see another person's point of view. Yeah, gay folks are targeted because they're different. Same goes for overweight kids, smart kids, dumb kids, etc... It's a sad fact of humanity that we don't like things that are different.

But while it's true that gay folks shouldn't be treated like crap because of they're gay, they shouldn't expect special treatment either.