Blog Entries

Re: Cody Played at 325 Last Season

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    he needs to convert that fat into muscle.[/IMG]
    That is a myth... http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt2.htm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think he is saying he needs to keep the same weight but have it be muscle and not fat

Blog Entries

Id prefer him at 350lbs. He at 325 isnt strong, he is not muscle strong or hard. He lost too much weight. He dominated in college at 360lbs, tired of the Ravens trying to change everydamn players bodies. When it works out let me know. What are they trying to do win a swimsuit competition or football games? At his weight with his muscle tone, he is more like a 270Lb player. Some players are just better left alone and if they play fat so be it. Let him be Sam Adams and Siragusa fat at NT and be done with it. He lost too much strength with the weight like Ngata did the year before. The strength and conditioning coach needs a chill pill, sure get him stronger in the weight room, but lets not worry about his physical physique. Look at Willfork, guy is 370lbs but dominant and Hampton during his prime was the same way.

Dominating in college against guys who are working for UPS now isn't the same as being effective in the NFL. The guy is soft. He has always been soft, if he loses more weight, he will still be soft, just smaller. He needs to work his legs, chest, back and triceps way more. That ain't happening if he is awaiting surgery still on April 5th. He will come in to camp weaker, fatter, and more out of shape than ever. He won't be in game shape( as he has defined it for himself, not how I would define it) until late November probably. Pffft.

I was imagining a repeat of Siragusa and Adams when they drafted Cody.Steal of the draft.No team would run against the Ravens.

So wrong.

I don't think all the PED's in the world could save Cody's career. Man is he terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Id prefer him at 350lbs. He at 325 isnt strong, he is not muscle strong or hard. He lost too much weight. He dominated in college at 360lbs, tired of the Ravens trying to change everydamn players bodies. When it works out let me know. What are they trying to do win a swimsuit competition or football games? At his weight with his muscle tone, he is more like a 270Lb player. Some players are just better left alone and if they play fat so be it. Let him be Sam Adams and Siragusa fat at NT and be done with it. He lost too much strength with the weight like Ngata did the year before. The strength and conditioning coach needs a chill pill, sure get him stronger in the weight room, but lets not worry about his physical physique. Look at Willfork, guy is 370lbs but dominant and Hampton during his prime was the same way.
    Agree completely.

The team screwed up Ngata that way, Kruger that way, and I think Cody as well.

Cody looked like a bowl of jello at 380, but he stuffed the middle.

At 325 he looks like a shell... (and he probably has no energy)

The kid is just trying to do what the team asked of him.. but I think it cost him (and the Ravens)

Cody and Kindle -- a second round to forget. We can not afford a repeat like that in this yeaar's draft. The way he's playing, Cody should be beaten out by a 5th rounder.

Blog Entries

I would have had him doing heavy squats and deadlifts until he puked, weight be damned. You will burn fat just by building muscle, especially with those exercises. That, and monitor his diet.
    Last edited by Terpsfan82; 04-06-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I wasn't saying that though. I'm saying he should concentrate on lifting heavy weights to put muscle on, he has a very low amount of muscle and a high amount of fat, lifting weights is going to automatically burn some of that fat away anyway.

I think Cody has possibly received bad training advice, all I ever heard him doing was getting on the cardio machines and shedding weight. IMO that's the worse thing that Cody can do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wasn't saying that though. I'm saying he should concentrate on lifting heavy weights to put muscle on, he has a very low amount of muscle and a high amount of fat, lifting weights is going to automatically burn some of that fat away anyway.

I think Cody has possibly received bad training advice, all I ever heard him doing was getting on the cardio machines and shedding weight. IMO that's the worse thing that Cody can do.
    Exactly. That's the worse thing any man can do. Long cardio sessions have been shown to lower testosterone levels. :)