Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Cody Played at 325 Last Season

I saw the article. He knows he needs to get stronger. This season was a disapointment and a suprise to me. I did not expect him to dominate, but did not expect him to get dominated the way he did either.

When you shed a lot of fat and lose a bunch of weight it can take a while to build your muscle up from there.

:T2:

Funny how no-one has mentioned his hip injury. If so he could have been limited in lifting as well as on the field. Hopefully he heals and works out enough to be a decent rotational guy. With alot of good guys on the line with him, less will be expexted of him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The player's physical appearance means nothing. Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton were never going to win any Mr. Universe contests. Hampton wasn't even in good football shape the past couple of seasons and still was effective. Cody can't fix what's broken. He just doesn't have it. They'll get their final year out of him and then he'll try to find work elsewhere.
    Casey Hampton was strong as hell. I remember watching an old pro-bowl skills challenge on ESPN, and he set the high mark for the bench press number of reps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Casey Hampton was strong as hell. I remember watching an old pro-bowl skills challenge on ESPN, and he set the high mark for the bench press number of reps.
    Exactly. He looks like just another fat guy but his strength was off the charts.

Everyone on the Patriots say that Wilfork is one of the best athletes on the team. He can make moves that guys his size just shouldn't be able to do.

Cody's problem isn't his weight. It's his lack of skill. At this point that's not going to improve. He is what he is which is why he needs to be a backup and someone better needs to be starting.

Exactly. He looks like just another fat guy but his strength was off the charts.

Everyone on the Patriots say that Wilfork is one of the best athletes on the team. He can make moves that guys his size just shouldn't be able to do.

Cody's problem isn't his weight. It's his lack of skill. At this point that's not going to improve. He is what he is which is why he needs to be a backup and someone better needs to be starting.
    The thing is that Wilfork and Hampton basically look like they have bear blood in them. Cody doesn't. He does, however, have one of the nicest biggest set of tits I've ever seen.

Not sure if he will get to the training room anytime soon. I believe I read on the Ravens homepage that he was to have hip surgery shortly and will miss all work outs up until training camp starts. If true, that does not bode well for Cody or the Ravens.

Wilfork, Hampton, guys like that have a different body type than Cody. Those guys are fat, but they are solid. Cody is soft marshmallow with no muscle mass.

Blog Entries

He does, however, have one of the nicest biggest set of tits I've ever seen.
    Lol! That is just wrong!!

The thing is that Wilfork and Hampton basically look like they have bear blood in them. Cody doesn't.
    Cody hasn't got the mentality for a fight.....he looks like he'd rather hang with the second team.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

I've already wrote off Cody. He'll be on the team this year just because he's cheap. Hopefully he's decent enough to just be a backup.

Blog Entries

Yeah, at least in all likelyhood, we wont be seeing Cody starting at NT anymore, we'll be having Ngata at NT destroying centers and guards, while Chris Canty and Arthur Jones will have more room to collapse the pocket and stuff the run. The Dline is going to be one of the main strengths this year, and may well be one of the best in the NFL.

Blog Entries

And btw, I really think this is more than a technique issue. Sure, I think he certainly has to work on that. But I also think this is indeed a conditioning issue.

People like to bring up guys like Hampton and Wilfolk, but when you look at them, they look a lot more solid up top, and look more conditioned even if they are fat. Cody just looks flat out soft, and appears to have a really weak lower body. He needs to hit the weights and pack on some pounds of muscle first and for most. Losing weight is useless for a guy like him, he needs to convert that fat into muscle.