Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: BA believes he was cut partially because of his activism

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    What is the actual quote?
    Apparently, it was brought up in a Newsday column by Tom Rock. Unfortunately, the article is locked content and I don't have a subscription, so I can't help you there.

There is an interesting take by another commentator:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...rights-stance/

Sometimes athletes just talk out of there ass without really thinking it through, and Ayanbadejo is one of them. Remember the stupid tweeting about the Patriots' "gimmicky" offense?

Who didn't see this coming?

He's old, slow and no longer an asset but a liability even on ST.

And honestly, I was getting tired of his crusade but that was down the list of reasons to cut him.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

It's probably somewhere on the list. Coincides with the other loud mouths that are gone.

He won't be out of a job long.. Fox is thinking about bring back In Living Color and has the perfect spot for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OKwRsnWO84

Blog Entries

I could care less if I'm being honest.

10 year veteran 5 of those years in a Ravens uniform. The real reason

Gay rights advocate has nothing to do with him being let go.

Looking at some stats the average NFL career is about 3.3 - 6.5 seasons. 10 seasons is more than 3.3 + 6.5.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    He won't be out of a job long.. Fox is thinking about bring back In Living Color and has the perfect spot for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OKwRsnWO84
    He's a homosexual because he supports equal rights for gays?

Does that apply to whites who are opposed to discrimination against minorities because of their race or men who think women shouldn't be discriminated against because of their gender?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Players have a hard time understanding the real reason(s) why they are let go by teams.

So they come up with stuff like this.
    I applaud him for his stance on gay rights, discrimination shouldnt be tolerated, but you hit the nail on the head. Some players would rather it be for a worse reason than that their own skill level has dropped. Hes reaching on this one but without being political the FO has plenty of reasons.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'd like to believe the author just took something out of context...since no one is able to read the article, I'll reserve judgement.

I've been one of BA's biggest advocates, but I don't believe the Ravens would really do that, and if he really said it, that's sad and yes, would likely close the door on any kind of relationship with the club long term.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

The Baltimore Ravens announced the release of linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo on Thursday. The three-time Pro Bowl selection known best for his special teams exploits believes the organization had ulterior motives.
    Ayanbadejo has been one of the most outspoken players in the NFL in support of same-sex marriage and equal gay rights.
    "My bark is louder than my bite," Ayanbadejo told Newsday reporter Tom Rock. "I make a lot of noise and garner a lot of attention for various things off the football field. When that starts happening, why do you have that player around?

"I don't necessarily think that teams want this type of attention."

Ayanbadejo admitted the entire decision wasn't made because of his activism. He was highly paid for a special teamer and the Ravens have been in cost-cutting mode since they won the Super Bowl.

The organization never publicly took issue with Ayanbadejo, who has received more national attention for his stances than his play on the field. That was on full display at the Super Bowl.

"I was a vocal guy and garnered a lot of attention," Ayanbadejo said. "I brought a lot of issues with me to the Super Bowl and the issues came up at the Super Bowl."

We may never know if this actually played a part in the decision. The Ravens did have a legitimate reason for releasing Ayanbadejo, but teams have made decisions to part ways with players who drew too much attention to themselves. Hopefully this isn't one of those cases.

Ayanbadejo's thoughts, real or not, is one of the reasons players hesitate to speak out on non-football issues. And it's one of many reasons a gay player would hesitate to announce his sexuality while still in the league.

Blog Entries

yawn...out of context, nothing to see here.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

That's why I wanted the quotes as they make a lot more sense than just having a "Ayanbadejo says he was cut because of his stance on gay marriage"...or even the title of this NFL article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.