Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Atlanta building billion dollar restractable roof stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    M&T 2.0?

Are you kidding me?

The jack asses running this state and city can't even figure out a way to replace that 10,000 - 15,000 seat relic sitting downtown in the center of the city much less building a billion dollar stadium to replace the one that is only 15 years old.
    The Ravens are far more loved than those jack asses. And I don't think anyone is saying replace it now. But 5-10 years from now? It will be needed.

It would be political suicide for any politician who goes against the Ravens in 10 years time.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Well, in honor of Mista T, for the love of God let M&T 2.0 have escalators!
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Keep dreaming about escalators. The stadium design will never allow for them to be put INSIDE, and they would be a big eyesore on the outside.

There are current 5 and 10 year upgrade plans that will enhance game day at M&T, but don't expect a replacement in the next 20 years. Not gonna happen.

I don't think M&T will ever be replaced, but only due to it's downtown location and the fact that it's paired with Oriole Park. I do think it will need major upgrades in the next ten years. It would be awesome if they could put a dome on it. That could attract so many ore events to the city.

Upgrading the Baltimore Arena is a tough sell. No major sports team call it home. It's basically a venue for the circus. There are no guaranteed revenue generators by building a new one. Major arena events will still choose DC because we have no plan of building a full size arena like the Verizon Center.

Blog Entries

The stadium is getting huge upgrades over the next couple years ($10's of millions) including a brick facade on the inside. No way they replace that stadium anytime in the next 20 years.

M&T is a great stadium. I've been in just about every seat possible from lower level to club, box, even the last row in the upper deck and it's always been a great experience whether it was warm and sunny or cold, windy, raining and/or snowing.

I am not a fan of domes.

Blog Entries

Ditto.

I also have been in just about every section of the stadium after refusing the buy PSLs. Went to every home game for over 12 yrs but I preferred the club level.

Ravens Stadium is still one of the best in the country and still the most emulated one and quite a bargain for what we paid for it compared to today's play pens.

Still looks great too.

There are now a dozen or so stadia that are more modern and of greater comfort than M&T.

And nobody is copying our design. M&T is a cookie cutter stadium from HOK Sport (now called Populous). You can wax nostalgic about the home teams digs all you want but it's rather lacking when compared to its newer brethren.

Stadia such as Reliant, Met Life, The Clink, Foxboro, Cowboy and Lincoln Financial make ours look dated and antiquated in terms of sight lines, creature comforts, ease of entrance and egress and seating capacity.

The Ravens, I'm sure, have already had discussions about its replacement.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

M&T 2.0? Hell that bitch will be the Under Armour Dome. Drop $50 on it now.

Older stadiums have been "remodeled" without being demolished. Soldier Field, Lambeau, Gator Bowl, and the Ralph are all good examples of how you save money by upgrading a facility. Even OPaCY got an upgrade that makes it look brand new. No way M&T gets a roof or escalators unfortunately and I can't see a new stadium in the current or future economic environment.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    M&T 2.0? Hell that bitch will be the Under Armour Dome. Drop $50 on it now.
    Agreed.

Only a matter of time, given Bisciotti's and Planks friendship.

M&T isn't going anywhere for a long time, IMO. It's one of the better stadiums in the league. The Georgia Dome sucked from the minute it opened. M&T has modern amenities, luxury suites, and is a definite home field advantage.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There are now a dozen or so stadia that are more modern and of greater comfort than M&T.

And nobody is copying our design. M&T is a cookie cutter stadium from HOK Sport (now called Populous). You can wax nostalgic about the home teams digs all you want but it's rather lacking when compared to its newer brethren.

Stadia such as Reliant, Met Life, The Clink, Foxboro, Cowboy and Lincoln Financial make ours look dated and antiquated in terms of sight lines, creature comforts, ease of entrance and egress and seating capacity.

There is nothing wrong with M&T except for not having escalators. Met Life stadium is HORRIBLE getting in and out of because the field is at ground level so you have to go up to get to lower level seats. I was not impressd with Lincoln Financial Field because the concources are about half the size of M&T. Ravens stadium has the 11th highest seating capacity and seats more than Reliant, Gillette, and Lincoln Financial. M&T is a great stadium and will be here for a long time

Gillette stadium may *look* nice on TV with the pretty grasses and the lighthouse on all of the TV fade-outs, but inside it looks and feels like a cheap erector set. That is NOT a well made stadium-

Blog Entries

Stadiums such as Reliant, Met Life, The Clink, Foxboro, Cowboy and Lincoln Financial make ours look dated and antiquated in terms of sight lines, creature comforts, ease of entrance and egress and seating capacity.

Think again. Here's SIs top 30 pro stadiums in the country and Ravens Stadium is rated #4. Denver and Piss' are similar and not as good. Other clones are TEnn's, Cinci's and Cleve's and Philly's new stadium bears a strong resemblance to ours as does your Reliant. I've been in all of them except Reliant. And INDYs new dome simply sucks. The seats and rows are smaller and their club level is a joke for a new stadium. It's just a room with cheap food that I wouldn't even look at. Our club goes all around the stadium. I've been in all the top 10 on the list and over half below it and there is no way GB's is #1. It's just a face lift because they couldn't afford a new one just like the ancient Gator Bowl listed at #6 below us and I wouldn't trade ours for NEs any day of the week. Hell, Jags have thousands of seats covered in the upper deck because they can't sell them and their club level is nothing. Of course newer ones will be more modern with more comfort but SI puts Ravens stadium above your Reliant posted at #16. ILMAO and note how SI scores ours higher for atmosphere and affordability and food than Reliant which they say is below average and as well as the 3 above ours.

Not bad for a stadium just over a decade old.

It's still the top 4 according to SI. I'll go by their words plus what I've seen from traveling all around the country with Mista T and 100 other Raven maniacs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ansurvey/2008/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-05-2013 at 05:15 PM.