Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Atlanta building billion dollar restractable roof stadium.

Older stadiums have been "remodeled" without being demolished. Soldier Field, Lambeau, Gator Bowl, and the Ralph are all good examples of how you save money by upgrading a facility. Even OPaCY got an upgrade that makes it look brand new. No way M&T gets a roof or escalators unfortunately and I can't see a new stadium in the current or future economic environment.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    M&T 2.0? Hell that bitch will be the Under Armour Dome. Drop $50 on it now.
    Agreed.

Only a matter of time, given Bisciotti's and Planks friendship.

M&T isn't going anywhere for a long time, IMO. It's one of the better stadiums in the league. The Georgia Dome sucked from the minute it opened. M&T has modern amenities, luxury suites, and is a definite home field advantage.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There are now a dozen or so stadia that are more modern and of greater comfort than M&T.

And nobody is copying our design. M&T is a cookie cutter stadium from HOK Sport (now called Populous). You can wax nostalgic about the home teams digs all you want but it's rather lacking when compared to its newer brethren.

Stadia such as Reliant, Met Life, The Clink, Foxboro, Cowboy and Lincoln Financial make ours look dated and antiquated in terms of sight lines, creature comforts, ease of entrance and egress and seating capacity.

The Ravens, I'm sure, have already had discussions about its replacement.
    There is nothing wrong with M&T except for not having escalators. Met Life stadium is HORRIBLE getting in and out of because the field is at ground level so you have to go up to get to lower level seats. I was not impressd with Lincoln Financial Field because the concources are about half the size of M&T. Ravens stadium has the 11th highest seating capacity and seats more than Reliant, Gillette, and Lincoln Financial. M&T is a great stadium and will be here for a long time

Stadia such as Reliant, Met Life, The Clink, Foxboro, Cowboy and Lincoln Financial make ours look dated and antiquated in terms of sight lines, creature comforts, ease of entrance and egress and seating capacity.

Gillette stadium may *look* nice on TV with the pretty grasses and the lighthouse on all of the TV fade-outs, but inside it looks and feels like a cheap erector set. That is NOT a well made stadium-

Blog Entries

There are now a dozen or so stadia that are more modern and of greater comfort than M&T.

And nobody is copying our design. M&T is a cookie cutter stadium from HOK Sport (now called Populous). You can wax nostalgic about the home teams digs all you want but it's rather lacking when compared to its newer brethren.

Stadiums such as Reliant, Met Life, The Clink, Foxboro, Cowboy and Lincoln Financial make ours look dated and antiquated in terms of sight lines, creature comforts, ease of entrance and egress and seating capacity.

Think again. Here's SIs top 30 pro stadiums in the country and Ravens Stadium is rated #4. Denver and Piss' are similar and not as good. Other clones are TEnn's, Cinci's and Cleve's and Philly's new stadium bears a strong resemblance to ours as does your Reliant. I've been in all of them except Reliant. And INDYs new dome simply sucks. The seats and rows are smaller and their club level is a joke for a new stadium. It's just a room with cheap food that I wouldn't even look at. Our club goes all around the stadium. I've been in all the top 10 on the list and over half below it and there is no way GB's is #1. It's just a face lift because they couldn't afford a new one just like the ancient Gator Bowl listed at #6 below us and I wouldn't trade ours for NEs any day of the week. Hell, Jags have thousands of seats covered in the upper deck because they can't sell them and their club level is nothing. Of course newer ones will be more modern with more comfort but SI puts Ravens stadium above your Reliant posted at #16. ILMAO and note how SI scores ours higher for atmosphere and affordability and food than Reliant which they say is below average and as well as the 3 above ours.

Not bad for a stadium just over a decade old.

It's still the top 4 according to SI. I'll go by their words plus what I've seen from traveling all around the country with Mista T and 100 other Raven maniacs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ansurvey/2008/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-05-2013 at 05:15 PM.

5 years ago, when that article was written, I'd agree with their assessment.

Blog Entries

But Reliant is a newer stadium than ours and is still rated under ours and no way is GB #1. It included Indy's new stadium which is newer than our plus others and no way is the GAtor Bowl #6 in any year on any list. The article is recent enough to include some newer stadiums.

And those other clones I posted above are copy cats of ours.

So which is it?

Is the list valid for ranking ours high or is it crap for giving GB props?

Blog Entries

It's valid for ranking ours ahead of the newer Reliant and all those other newer stadiums.

Outside of the lack of escalators, M&T is just fine for an outdoor football stadium. There isn't much you can do with an open air football stadium. The brick gives it character. The screens have been updated. I'm sure the sound system is slated to be improved. They are making major improvements inside and out. I see no reason to ever replace it unless they want to go with a dome, which could generate a lot more revenue.

Blog Entries

Good point about the escalators. When we compared it to the Skins stadium I posted that was the only advantage it had over ours but someone said they were broken-lol.

Here's another new stadium that sure looks like Ravens stadium from the inside but it looks like their seats go further out. The big thing about Ravens stadium is the seats when straight up, not up and out which meant all the seats were closer to the field than the other stadiums at the time but man, it's murder for an old guy walking up 28 rows which I did a few times but the Ravens seats were wider and the rows had more leg room than most of the newer stadiums I sat in including Pissburgh's Hiney Field.

That's when I started sitting in the club level where the escalator roams but damn if this new stadium doesn't look like Ravens stadium on the inside including the score board. My nephew went to college in Philly and his roommate's family's construction company owned a sky box and he got to go to several games there for free and eat a ton of free food.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwCQ&dur=770
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-05-2013 at 07:53 PM.