Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Atlanta building billion dollar restractable roof stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by mista t View Post
    i disagree about the anybody south of minnesota comment, but agree that atlanta's getting only 21 years from an adequate modern football-only stadium was absurd. Equally bad or even worse will be the billion dollar expenditure for a new or upgraded rams stadium, which is 18 years old. And also the hoosier dome, which lasted 23 years before being replaced by the obstructed view seats in the new irasy venue.

We came close to getting a domed stadium in the 1990s, but slick political maneuvering wound up getting us the inadequate stadium we now have as well as subsidizing the raljon stadium. And don't think for a second that bisciotti isn't watching every owners' moves in getting new stadiums via city/private money to replace their existing adequate football-only stadiums. There is so much tv money flowing in the latter part of the nflpa ten year deal that every team may be able to build new stadiums on their own.
    lol wut

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The way the league is shifting emphasis away from defense and into the passing game, don't be shocked if M&T 2.0 has a roof as well.

Between the advantage of having a climate controlled perfect weather stadium for 8 games a year with the option to open it up for nice weather, Baltimore's only chance of hosting a Super Bowl hinges on being able to guarantee a comfortable environment for fans in February.
    M&T 2.0?

Are you kidding me?

The jack asses running this state and city can't even figure out a way to replace that 10,000 - 15,000 seat relic sitting downtown in the center of the city much less building a billion dollar stadium to replace the one that is only 15 years old.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    M&T 2.0?

Are you kidding me?

The jack asses running this state and city can't even figure out a way to replace that 10,000 - 15,000 seat relic sitting downtown in the center of the city much less building a billion dollar stadium to replace the one that is only 15 years old.
    They'll figure it out if/ when the Ravens start putting pressure on them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    M&T 2.0?

Are you kidding me?

The Ravens are far more loved than those jack asses. And I don't think anyone is saying replace it now. But 5-10 years from now? It will be needed.

It would be political suicide for any politician who goes against the Ravens in 10 years time.

Well, in honor of Mista T, for the love of God let M&T 2.0 have escalators!
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Keep dreaming about escalators. The stadium design will never allow for them to be put INSIDE, and they would be a big eyesore on the outside.

There are current 5 and 10 year upgrade plans that will enhance game day at M&T, but don't expect a replacement in the next 20 years. Not gonna happen.

I don't think M&T will ever be replaced, but only due to it's downtown location and the fact that it's paired with Oriole Park. I do think it will need major upgrades in the next ten years. It would be awesome if they could put a dome on it. That could attract so many ore events to the city.

Upgrading the Baltimore Arena is a tough sell. No major sports team call it home. It's basically a venue for the circus. There are no guaranteed revenue generators by building a new one. Major arena events will still choose DC because we have no plan of building a full size arena like the Verizon Center.

Blog Entries

The stadium is getting huge upgrades over the next couple years ($10's of millions) including a brick facade on the inside. No way they replace that stadium anytime in the next 20 years.

M&T is a great stadium. I've been in just about every seat possible from lower level to club, box, even the last row in the upper deck and it's always been a great experience whether it was warm and sunny or cold, windy, raining and/or snowing.

I am not a fan of domes.

Blog Entries

Ditto.

I also have been in just about every section of the stadium after refusing the buy PSLs. Went to every home game for over 12 yrs but I preferred the club level.

Ravens Stadium is still one of the best in the country and still the most emulated one and quite a bargain for what we paid for it compared to today's play pens.

Still looks great too.

There are now a dozen or so stadia that are more modern and of greater comfort than M&T.

And nobody is copying our design. M&T is a cookie cutter stadium from HOK Sport (now called Populous). You can wax nostalgic about the home teams digs all you want but it's rather lacking when compared to its newer brethren.

Stadia such as Reliant, Met Life, The Clink, Foxboro, Cowboy and Lincoln Financial make ours look dated and antiquated in terms of sight lines, creature comforts, ease of entrance and egress and seating capacity.

The Ravens, I'm sure, have already had discussions about its replacement.

Blog Entries

M&T 2.0? Hell that bitch will be the Under Armour Dome. Drop $50 on it now.