Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Ravens Cap Update

Just to confirm my numbers of last week, when I said the NFLPA's records were wrong, they have now updated/corrected their numbers and agree with my $4,140,252 under:

https://www.nflplayers.com/reports/R...x?report=top51

Full Ravens Cap breakdown here:

http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 04-10-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

On point as always. Thanks, Ravor.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap8m
    If reports of McClain's deal @ $700K are correct, impact on Cap is only $220K once Ruleof51 is applied. Player he replaces was making $480K

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap5m
    McClain's deal at $700K would leave Ravens at $3,920,252 under the Salary Cap. Will receive an additional $2.5M in 6/2 for Pollard.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

look on the bright side rolando... making 700k in baltimore is like making 3 million in cali

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap5m
    McClain's deal at $700K would leave Ravens at $3,920,252 under the Salary Cap. Will receive an additional $2.5M in 6/2 for Pollard.
    what happened to that cap hell that Flacco's deal was supposed to put us in?

LOL...Ozzie Newsome and Pat Moriarty, doing it and doing it and doing it well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    what happened to that cap hell that Flacco's deal was supposed to put us in?

LOL...Ozzie Newsome and Pat Moriarty, doing it and doing it and doing it well.
    Yep, but there still is a day of reconing coming.
    His cap number is 29 million in 2016, but he gets 62 mil average over the first 3 years. The deal is backloaded high base salary meeting prorated bonus, so there is a delayed re-negotiation coming.

We won't be like Oakland (I've heard 49million dead money for players not on the team currently) but we will have to be careful with others' deals.
    Nice to see Oakland's cap disaster benefitting us (Huff and maybe.....)

The cap hell scenario hasn't gone away, just shifted to the future for now, and no present worries for us for 2 1/2 years.... then the discussions will start here about can we afford to keep Joe... I for one am settling down to see if we can defend the hardware :)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Yep, but there still is a day of reconing coming.
    His cap number is 29 million in 2016, but he gets 62 mil average over the first 3 years. The deal is backloaded high base salary meeting prorated bonus, so there is a delayed re-negotiation coming.

We won't be like Oakland (I've heard 49million dead money for players not on the team currently) but we will have to be careful with others' deals.
    Nice to see Oakland's cap disaster benefitting us (Huff and maybe.....)

The cap hell scenario hasn't gone away, just shifted to the future for now, and no present worries for us for 2 1/2 years.... then the discussions will start here about can we afford to keep Joe... I for one am settling down to see if we can defend the hardware :)
    Cap issues are vastly overrated. Smart teams have ways to get creative with their accounting to create cap space. You look at Oakland now who have a ton of dead money this year, but they will have 69 mil in cap space next year. They were just reckless giving out ridiculous contracts with Al Davis running things, and they are taking the hit now in order to clear their books.

When Flacco's cap hit goes up in 3 years, they'll restructure his deal to give him his money up front in a bonus and spread the hit out over several years to get his cap number lower much like the Pats did with Brady.

Blog Entries

Speaking of the Raiders, my wife's uncle is a fan and is gloating about how Reggie McKenzie has put them in the best position to spend on free agents next year with 49 mil in cap space open next year and look out, because here come the Raiders.

I started to reply, but thought "nah, better not. Let him enjoy this brief moment of false hope..."
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Speaking of the Raiders, my wife's uncle is a fan and is gloating about how Reggie McKenzie has put them in the best position to spend on free agents next year with 49 mil in cap space open next year and look out, because here come the Raiders.

I started to reply, but thought "nah, better not. Let him enjoy this brief moment of false hope..."
    I do like what McKenzie is doing. He's slowly cleaning up the mess that he inherited. They just need to stick with him and be patient.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I do like what McKenzie is doing. He's slowly cleaning up the mess that he inherited. They just need to stick with him and be patient.
    I meant more about because they have 49m in cap space next year, they are about to turn it around. Cleveland had more cap space this year, and I am seeing no more than 6 wins for them.

Blog Entries

I meant more about because they have 49m in cap space next year, they are about to turn it around. Cleveland had more cap space this year, and I am seeing no more than 6 wins for them.
    69 mil in cap space. I agree though that it won't be why they are successful. They need a good draft, and they need to fill a lot of holes.

The problem is that you can't build a team through free agency in the NFL. The Redskins are a prime example, and the Dolphins will soon prove this theory true once again. You build your team through the draft and add pieces through FA. That is the way the best teams do it and it shows.