Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 124

Thread: McKinnie ?

  1. #85

    Re: McKinnie ?



    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    No, they're not. They're your manipulation of certain statistics and thoughts to try to prove your point is all they are. It's not a FACT that ALL players necessarily have to work harder as they get older. Siragusa didn't. JO didn't either. And THOSE are FACTS. And they'll be the first ones to tell you that. It all depends on the player in question, and on the position they play. In essence, McKinnie got the year off last year, so he's basically got as much tread on the tires this year as last. And your other "truths" are hardly "truths" at all, especially your notion that Oher could fill in for McKinnie and do as good a job as McKinnie, when EVERY reality points to the fact that he can't.
    That's you not even knowing what I was actually saying. Go back and read what I said. Better yet, I'll post it here.

    "If there's a guy they can think will be lights out at LG in the draft, and there's no option for a starting LT value wise, I'd rather roll with the new guard and KO at LT than McKinnie. McKinnie just doesn't put in the work needed, and especially as he's getting older, he just can't hang for an entire season. You could see in the playoff run where he was really good in the first game and then each progressive game, he got worse. If you go into the 2013 season with McKinnie at LT, by game 5 or 6, he won't be holding his own...to the point where Oher would actually be a better option at LT. If they think a guy like Faulk could be up to speed at that point, fine, plan to start McKinnie for a few games then sit his ass on the bench, but you can't roll into the season expecting McKinnie to give you anything more than 4 or 5 starts. "




  2. #86

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I didn't notice a significant drop off in McKinnies play throughout the postseason. What I saw was a Ravens OL that effectively neutralized some of the best pass rushing defenses in the NFL and gave Flacco the protection to operate as an elite QB.Something we very rarely saw with Oher playing LT.
    That had a lot more to do with KO combining with Birk and Yanda to provide a solid pocket for Joe to step up into rather than McKinnie playing all that great.




  3. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    6,116

    Re: McKinnie ?

    This somewhat reminds me of the national media's take on Flacco. Those guys got it in their minds that Flacco was a certain kind of player and played at a certain level, and no matter how much they were shown to be wrong, they stuck to their guns and just kept saying it. There are a lot of posters who have that take with both Oher and McKinnie - whether they are positive or negative in their view.




  4. #88

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This somewhat reminds me of the national media's take on Flacco. Those guys got it in their minds that Flacco was a certain kind of player and played at a certain level, and no matter how much they were shown to be wrong, they stuck to their guns and just kept saying it. There are a lot of posters who have that take with both Oher and McKinnie - whether they are positive or negative in their view.
    So my opinion of Oher is tainted since I didn't liek him in the draft?

    It couldn't be that PFF graded him out as the third worst tackle in football last year(only ahead of the pair in ARi)
    It also couln't have to do with the fact that that particular pair of tackles were the only ones in football credited with more pressures or sacks.
    Yup, he must be great, and I just have it in my mind he sucks. Sorry guys.




  5. #89

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This somewhat reminds me of the national media's take on Flacco. Those guys got it in their minds that Flacco was a certain kind of player and played at a certain level, and no matter how much they were shown to be wrong, they stuck to their guns and just kept saying it. There are a lot of posters who have that take with both Oher and McKinnie - whether they are positive or negative in their view.
    I think that's a fair assessment.




  6. #90

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    That had a lot more to do with KO combining with Birk and Yanda to provide a solid pocket for Joe to step up into rather than McKinnie playing all that great.
    I thought McKinnie and Oher effectively neutralized Miller and Dumervil in the playoff game. Only 1 sack and 3 hits on Flacco for the game is a nice job by the entire OL.I agree KO and Yanda are a nice duo at OG and should remain there.




  7. #91

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I thought McKinnie and Oher effectively neutralized Miller and Dumervil in the playoff game. Only 1 sack and 3 hits on Flacco for the game is a nice job by the entire OL.I agree KO and Yanda are a nice duo at OG and should remain there.
    I don't mind them moving KO to LT if they think he has potential and can find a replacement for him at LG that is at the same level he is. There's a chance that Pugh could be that guy in the draft.

    Of course, if they could come away with a LT in the draft somehow, that would negate that move.




  8. #92

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I don't mind them moving KO to LT if they think he has potential and can find a replacement for him at LG that is at the same level he is. There's a chance that Pugh could be that guy in the draft.

    Of course, if they could come away with a LT in the draft somehow, that would negate that move.
    He was slow to get in position at RT and vulnerable to speed rushers there and I doubt that he would be much better on the left side.I think he has the potential to be a quality OG for a very long time and Oher can be a solid RT. I wish they would just stop playing musical chairs with their linemen and just leave them be.A starting LT for 2013 in this years draft is highly unlikely, imo.




  9. #93

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    That's you not even knowing what I was actually saying. Go back and read what I said. Better yet, I'll post it here.

    "If there's a guy they can think will be lights out at LG in the draft, and there's no option for a starting LT value wise, I'd rather roll with the new guard and KO at LT than McKinnie. McKinnie just doesn't put in the work needed, and especially as he's getting older, he just can't hang for an entire season. You could see in the playoff run where he was really good in the first game and then each progressive game, he got worse. If you go into the 2013 season with McKinnie at LT, by game 5 or 6, he won't be holding his own...to the point where Oher would actually be a better option at LT. If they think a guy like Faulk could be up to speed at that point, fine, plan to start McKinnie for a few games then sit his ass on the bench, but you can't roll into the season expecting McKinnie to give you anything more than 4 or 5 starts. "
    LOL. So just regurgitating what you said before in quotes is now going to prove your point. Got it.




  10. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    809

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    He was slow to get in position at RT and vulnerable to speed rushers there and I doubt that he would be much better on the left side.I think he has the potential to be a quality OG for a very long time and Oher can be a solid RT. I wish they would just stop playing musical chairs with their linemen and just leave them be.A starting LT for 2013 in this years draft is highly unlikely, imo.
    I agree, watching him at college I thought he had a chance to play LT for us, but after watching him at RT I think at best he could develop into a very good RT, but an elite guard.




  11. #95

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I don't mind them moving KO to LT if they think he has potential and can find a replacement for him at LG that is at the same level he is. There's a chance that Pugh could be that guy in the draft.

    Of course, if they could come away with a LT in the draft somehow, that would negate that move.
    Pugh, Barrett Jones both would be nice adds. Both guys are versatile guys who give you dynamic depth. I also like Chris Faulk as a guy devalued due to injury but who has good upside.

    I think that people want to overly romanticize the job McKinnie did in the playoffs, he was solid not great.

    Taking that performance and assuming it can be extrapolated to a 16 game schedule plus the playoffs is no different than thinking Hussien Bolt can break the one mile record simply cause he can run a 100yd dash fast. One does not lead to the other.

    McKinnie has done absolutely nothing to justify signing him at this point. There is an assumption that he was in Harbaugh's dog house and had he played LT last year we would have seen him play at the level he did in the playoffs. Its more likely he was in the dog house because he was in no shape to play till the last quarter of the season. I doubt the Ravens want to find themselves in that position again unless there are no other options. Its to early to be desperate. Even after the draft their are trade options that may open up
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  12. #96

    Re: McKinnie ?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    LOL. So just regurgitating what you said before in quotes is now going to prove your point. Got it.
    Yes, since you didn't seem to comprehend that the point wasn't that McKinnie could be replaced by Oher, but that McKinnie is not really any more a solution to the LT issue than Oher, I decided to post it again in hopes that you might get that. Apparently, you didn't and you'd rather be snarky and dismissive.

    Whatever.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland