Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: McKinnie ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post

This is why I think there's a good chance they go with a new LG and move KO to LT. KO may end up being the best of a lot of not so great options.
    Very well could be a possibility.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: McKinnie ?

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    This is why I think there's a good chance they go with a new LG and move KO to LT. KO may end up being the best of a lot of not so great options.
    I hope not, but it's starting to look more and more possible. I thought he had a chance to play LT early in his rookie year, but by the end of the year it was clear he was a much better guard.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    McKinnie IS NOT coming back next year. I don't care how many "conversations" he claims he's had with Harbaugh, or what coachspeak comes out of John's mouth. He's not coming back! Mark that down as my most bulletproof prediction of the year. If I'm wrong feel free to put this in your signature to remind me as much as possible.

This is a guy who WOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED A SNAP last year without Jah Reid getting hurt. Oher wasn't very good at LT in 2012, in fact he was downright bad quite often, but he kept the job all 16 games. If Jah Reid would have been healthy for the playoffs they would have plugged him in at LG just like they did every other time he was healthy. When Reid went down, they KNEW they couldn't hand the job back to Harewood or B. Williams. They had NO CHOICE but to plug KO in at LG, and that opened up a hole at RT. McKinnie can't play RT, but Oher can, so the ONLY OPTION was to play McKinnie.

No matter how much we try to massage the narrative after the fact, McKinnie was not in the Ravens' plans to play a snap at LT in 2012, and I see NO REASON to think he's in the plans for 2013. End of story. They'll play Oher at LT because they like him there--they always have and the results on the field have never been and will never be an impediment to that.

I don't LIKE Oher at LT, but it's going to be either him or Osemele at LT on opening day. If the OL is strong at the other 4 positions the offense as a whole can probably overcome bad LT play. I think bringing in an RT option like Winston or Clabo is the direction the team will go.
    Bump : )

--- very interesting to go back and read this ---- also some very strong comments .