Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McKinnie ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

McKinnie ?

It seems like a no brainer to bring him back .... what is the hold up?

Do you think it is the Ravens holding this up by looking at other options or do you think he is trying to get more money from another team?

Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie ?

There is no rush on the Ravens standpoint because there is no market for McKinnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    There is no rush on the Ravens standpoint because there is no market for McKinnie.
    :word they will probably wait to see how the draft goes and go from there
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

The longer McKinnie stays unsigned - the lower his market value drops. When he again becomes 'right player, right price' he may get signed.

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post

Do you think it is the Ravens holding this up by looking at other options or do you think he is trying to get more money from another team?
    I think the holdup is McKinnie, who thinks he's worth more than he actually is.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think there's a hold up, I think Ozzie is banking (and I would too) on the fact that no one else is gonna pick up the laziness that is Ginormous Mac (big just doesn't cover it) and he'd rather see how it shakes out in the draft as far as OT goes before wasting the team's money and time.

There's other tackle options on the market so Ozzie has no need to overpay for one. You've got gaither, Andre smith, Eric Winston, and I just got a text saying clabo was cut. And none of these other guys have weight issues. Mckinnie definitely has no leverage on the ravens right now so there's no hurry to sign him

Blog Entries

McKinnie thought that he was going to get in on the Post-Super Bowl Champion spending spree by other teams.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    There's other tackle options on the market so Ozzie has no need to overpay for one. You've got gaither, Andre smith, Eric Winston, and I just got a text saying clabo was cut. And none of these other guys have weight issues. Mckinnie definitely has no leverage on the ravens right now so there's no hurry to sign him
    Umm ...no. Gaither isn't coming back here. Compared to Gaither, McKinnie has a stellar work ethic.

As to Clabo, Winston and Smith, I think those guys are RT's, and I personally don't wanna see Oher on the left side anymore.

Like others have said, no rush to re-sign McKinnie because there's plenty of time. His price may drop, or other options may present themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    I don't think there's a hold up, I think Ozzie is banking (and I would too) on the fact that no one else is gonna pick up the laziness that is Ginormous Mac (big just doesn't cover it) and he'd rather see how it shakes out in the draft as far as OT goes before wasting the team's money and time.
    Yea he really sucked those 4 playoff games !

McKinnie has tweeted a couple times about having conversations with Harbs.

Despite the ulcers it often gave us to watch the OL through the first 14 games or so, the Ravens might have used McKinnie as well as they possibly could have last season. Given his track record of conditioning and [alleged] motivation/attitude issues, the Ravens may have been saving him for a stretch run and the post season. What many took as a doghouse sentence may have been to a degree a calculated holding out of a guy that would have broken down or tuned out over the course of a full[er] season. If so, all's well that ended well, but it wouldn't show much faith from the Ravens that McKinnie could go 16+games this year.

My guess is that both parties are doing their due diligence about alternatives (draft & FAs for the Ravens; offers - which are unlikely - for McKinnie), with the assumption that the other will always be there as a fall back right up through preseason.