Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    You've got to be kidding me? Seriously?
    Tribute to Earl to show how with him gone, something's missing.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries
    You've got to be kidding me? Seriously?
    Nope they did it to honor weaver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's

Thoughts on that? Apparently, lots of people are reading it as a smack in the face to the Ravens...

Honestly, I get it. I think it was a fine tribute, and they'll have lots of other opportunities to honor the Ravens in short order.

Now, if they don't, THEN i'll start screaming and pounding on the desk.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Ok....

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Thoughts on that? Apparently, lots of people are reading it as a smack in the face to the Ravens...
    Like who?

I think it's ridiculous. I'm all for honoring something or someone. But to take something great; even grand, away from the fans is downright cheap and curmudgeonry. They want to show us "what it's like with him missing"? That's what they said? What a fucking copout. He was 82 fucking years old and hadn't been around for years. He lived a great and long life worth celebrating, and the Orioles celebrate by taking the celebration away, like some bitter Grandfather trying to teach a lesson? There is nothing wrong with a moment of silence after the pitch was thrown or whatever.

Jesus christ, I was expecting Ray Lewis to come out dancing and throw a strike over the plate and then throw his knee to the sky and roar at the crowd. Once again this organization has failed. Regardless of the team the put on the field the organization is broken at the top.

They tried to promote this as a big secret, baiting us all into this great thing that will happen that all the fans will get fired up over. BS.

Fuck you 0's

It will surprise a few people, but there are a lot of baseball fans that don't give a rip about football. I think what the Orioles did was completely appropriate and pretty classy for an Opening Day tribute to Earl Weaver.

There are 80 more home dates, so I'm sure the opportunities will be there for the Orioles to honor the Ravens in some way. Not having a Raven throw out the first pitch on Opening Day is hardly a slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It will surprise a few people, but there are a lot of baseball fans that don't give a rip about football. I think what the Orioles did was completely appropriate and pretty classy for an Opening Day tribute to Earl Weaver.

There are 80 more home dates, so I'm sure the opportunities will be there for the Orioles to honor the Ravens in some way. Not having a Raven throw out the first pitch on Opening Day is hardly a slap in the face.
    I don't see it as a slap in the face to the Ravens at all. Hell, they are all probably happy to not have to board a plane and leave their Fla. mansion on an 80F day.

It's a slap in the face to all the fans and especially the kids (who haven't even heard of Weaver) who were expecting something cool.

Blog Entries
    I thought it was dumb but I'm not surprised because Angelos is a prick. Listen I love earl but they are already doing a ton to honor him. Why not a moment of silence before the first pitch?

I don't see it as a slap in the face to the Ravens at all. Hell, they are all probably happy to not have board a plane and leave their Fla. mansion on an 80F day.

It's a slap in the face to all the fans and kids (who haven't even heard of Weaver) who were expecting something cool.
    It was something cool. It was also something that wasn't typical of every other Opening Day, where some big hoopla is made over some non-baseball star throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. And for all those kids at the game who hadn't heard of Earl Weaver? Well, they've heard of him now, and maybe gained some appreciation of the history of the Orioles.

Last time I checked, it was the O's home opener. They acknowledged the Ravens SB run, but the loss of a HOF manager who was beloved here in Baltimore seems like a good reason to not have a ceremonial first pitch. I love the Ravens, I am a season ticket holder, but the sense of entitlement some fans think the Ravens own is beyond me. 80 other home games, plenty of time to let Lewis, Reed, Flacco, Harbaugh, Rice, Pees, the water boy, the usher and beer man from section 134 and any other Raven throw out a pitch. Let the O's have their moment.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Blog Entries
    Last time I checked the ravens had buck at the coin toss during the playoffs. I don't get the rift between teams. They should both support each other. It's not About stealing thunder.