Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Q Gives His Take on Mutiny-Gate

When I first saw "Q Gives His Take on Mutiny", I thought it was about Captain Queeg and the Caine Mutiny... Bc

Guys like Preston and Florio who are "opinion" writers, rumor mongers or columnists are OK if that's all they do. The problem occurs when places like The Sporting News, hire guys like Preston to be their reporter for the team. Mike Preston was/is that guy for the Sporting news so he goes from being an opinion guy, to being the guy who is supposedly representing the truth and the line gets blurred and that becomes a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Those vets know more football than HARBs and his staff put together
    No, they don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    They actually started winning against the Giants where Oher started at LT. The line wasn't shifted until the Colts game.
    Shh...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    One of the many reasons I really like Boldin. 100% class act. Really can't say anything bad about the guy.
    I've heard him speak and the guy is a complete class act. However, in the March 6, 2013 edition of ESPN Magazine (pre-trade), he was asked this and responded:

You've said you'd rather retire than go to another team. You really mean that?

I'm not playing for money. I'm not chasing a championship. I don't play for individual accolades. I'm set. There's nothing else I have to prove.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...-espn-magazine

If he was really set and not playing for the money, and loved playing for Baltimore, then why didn't he just take the pay cut? It's obvious that the Ravens were not trying to rid themselves of him, or they wouldn't have given him that option. His actions just don't seem to match his comment, which is somewhat surprising.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I've heard him speak and the guy is a complete class act. However, in the March 6, 2013 edition of ESPN Magazine (pre-trade), he was asked this and responded:

I'm not playing for money. I'm not chasing a championship. I don't play for individual accolades. I'm set. There's nothing else I have to prove.

If he was really set and not playing for the money, and loved playing for Baltimore, then why didn't he just take the pay cut? It's obvious that the Ravens were not trying to rid themselves of him, or they wouldn't have given him that option. His actions just don't seem to match his comment, which is somewhat surprising.
    People say lots of things without thinking. He was probably under them impression that the Ravens were going to extend him.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Pollard reminds me of Johnny Sample the DB the Baltimore Colts let go. He wasn't the greatest cover guy in the world but was a hard hitter and gave 100%. Problem was his criminal side. He stole stuff out of the players lockers which is why they let him go but the Colts owner didn't want to cut him because he feared he would bite him in the ass later on and he did but he had no choice.

AFter complaints, the owner hired a midget and hid him in the ventalator shaft and he caught Sample red handed - pics and all. So Rosey met with the team captains with the evidence and said I don't want to cut him so this is on you guys.

Gino waid the hell it isn't. He could speak up because Rosey loved him like a son and set him up in business. Gino said it's your decision and the team will go along with whatever you say. So Rosey cut him and his worse fear came true.

After he fired Weeb, the Jets hired him and Weeb quickly signed Sample who was their SB3 hero. He bit us in the ass just like Rosey said he would.

During the pre-game practices of SB 3 Sample walked up to Unitas and said not today big guy, you're not going to pull it out today. John said, do you still have my watch you stole out of my locker? LOL.

Twenty five years later they had the anniversary party of SB3 and played a game of touch in Central Park, NY. Sample walked by and Unitas flipped him the ball and said you're back on the team. Sample broke down and cried.

After that Sample went to prison for stealing social security checks.

Like Rosey I fear that Pollard will bite us in the ass by knocking Torrey or Jacoby out of the game for TEnn and keep us from winning the SB, just like he did to Gronk.

Oh yea, Sample said Colts would have won SB3 if Shula had started Unitas in just the 2d half but like HARBs, Shula had a point to prove and it cost him the SB.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-03-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Pollard reminds me of Johnny Sample the DB the Baltimore Colts let go. He wasn't the greatest cover guy in the world but was a hard hitter and gave 100%. Problem was his criminal side. He stole stuff out of the players lockers which is why they let him go but the Colts owner didn't want to cut him because he feared he would bite him in the ass later on and he did but he had no choice.

AFter complains, the owner hired a midget and hid him in the ventalator shaft and he caught Sample red handed - pics and all. So Rosey met with the team captains with the evidence and said I don't want to cut him so this is on you guys.

Gino waid the hell it isn't. He could speak up because Rosey loved him like a son and set him up in business. Gino said it's your decision and the team will go along with whatever you say. So Rosey cut him and his worse fear came true.

After he fired Weeb, the Jets hired him and Weeb quickly signed Sample who was their SB3 hero. He bit us in the ass just like Rosey said he would.

During the pre-game practices of SB 3 Sample walked up to Unitas and said not today big guy, you're not going to pull it out today. John said, do you still have my watch you stole out of my locker? LOL.

Twenty five years later they had the anniversary party of SB3 and played a game of touch in Central Park, NY. Sample walked by and Unitas flipped him the ball and said you're back on the team. Sample broke down and cried.

After that Sample went to prison for stealing social security checks.

Like Rosey I fear that Pollard will bite us in the ass by knocking Torrey or Jacoby out of the game for TEnn and keep us from winning the SB, just like he did to Gronk.

Oh yea, Sample said Colts would have won SB3 if Shula had started Unitas in just the 2d half but like HARBs, Shula had a point to prove and it cost him the SB.
    LOL.

Fortunately the likelyhood of that happening is minuscule based on the fact that Pollard signed for one year with the Titans and we won't play them unless we both make the playoffs.

And this isn't 1968...having to cover in today's game is a hell of a lot more important now than it was then.

Good grief...some of this whining about Pollard is totally out of control.

Oh, and BTW, Harbs hasn't made any decisions that cost us the Super Bowl so I have no idea where you are going with that.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post

I don't think it's surprising. He changed his mind. He made a statement during an emotional moment, and later made a more rational decision.

I don't doubt he loved playing here. He's been a Raven his whole career...he just was in the wrong uniform. But in the end this is his job. He gets paid to play. If he can make more money elsewhere, he's not taking advantage of what his talent provides for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL.

Fortunately the likelyhood of that happening is minuscule based on the fact that Pollard signed for one year with the Titans and we won't play them unless we both make the playoffs.

And this isn't 1968...having to cover in today's game is a hell of a lot more important now than it was then.

Good grief...some of this whining about Pollard is totally out of control.

Oh, and BTW, Harbs hasn't made any decisions that cost us the Super Bowl so I have no idea where you are going with that.
    Well, you never know. I was just saying, ya know? Never say never. We thought we got rid of Sample.

Yea, I meant to say that at least HARBs was smarter than Shula that he waited til after the SB to make his point. Lombardi would have gotten rid of them the next minute and still won the SB, but Pollard can still do some damage down the road later on. Who knows.

And as far as Q is concerned, he wouldn't take a $2M reduction in salary so they trade him but then they gave David Reed a $2.5M raise including a $500,000 signing bonus. Why not cut Reed whom everyone dislikes after blowing the Seattle game last year and costing us the home field advantage in the POs vs NE and give it to Boldin whom everyone loves? Reed was one smart dude. He kept his mouth shut and was rewarded for it. The last time I checked, it was Jacoby Jones who made the 100 yd return for a TD in SB, not Reed.

HMmmmmnn.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-04-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Who cares if they are opinion writers or reporters, if they put something out there in print, they should be subject to the scrutiny it deserves.
    This 10000%! I personally am sick and tired of hearing the "columnist" defense. Beat writer or columnist, these clowns are STILL accountable for what they put in print. And while most local people understand what Preston is all about, people around the country reading PFT.com quoting Preston don't really know or care whether Preston is a columnist or beat writer, they figure he's a professional writing for a major paper and don't differentiate between the fine nuances between beat writer and columnist. And the very notion that it's Preston's JOB to stir the pot is absurd. Since when did that become a job title? The fact that HE feels it's his job to stir the pot is one thing; for people to actually support that notion is off the wall IMO.

Blog Entries

That's what Mikie said to us at Nest 1 as far as stirring the pot.

He said my editor loves it when he gets letters of complaints about my column. That means I'm selling papers.

And to think I made them write about something. Some people just don;t get it.

ILMAO