Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Q Gives His Take on Mutiny-Gate

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You can say that about Mikie and especially Florio but not all those writers. Schmuck is respected and has been a beat guy longer than most of these posters have been posting.

Boldin said, "a few guys were less than professional" with HARBs.

So something definitely went down. NOne of us will never know to the extent but something happened and they inserted McKinney and they started winning all the way thru the SB.

The other fact is all those few guys are gone for whatever reason including Boldin.

As for Pollard, nobody complained about those hits when he made them like last year when he ruined Gronk for their SB. Most of us laughed. Then he did it again this year in NE and in the SB.
    Now the homers want to off him.

Those vets know more football than HARBs and his staff put together and they finally won the big one. Our management told us that we know our jobs better than anyone because we work on it everyday. Supervisors demanded that we speak up during meetings because they needed to know what we knew.

It just took a little fighting among Ravens to get the system and lineup the players craved for and they won it all. Not even Andy Reid could choke with the talent Ozzie gave HARBs.

It might be another 12 years before we win our next SB.
    Boldin would still be here if he said yes to a $2 million pay cut.

The only player who obviously was not wanted back at any cost was Pollard. And looking at his history, it's a disturbing pattern...one that likely will continue. As for his play on the field, I was never really high on him, so I really have no idea who you are referring to with that...he still has many believers on this board...I was never one of them.

And McKinnie was put back in only because of injury...not some result of players standing up to the coach.

As for us not winning another for 12 years...maybe, but it won't be the result of us not wanting any part of Bernard Pollard.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Considering that most of our major losses happened on Defense, I am willing to say that we will be even better this year on D than last year. Yes we lost leadership but I also think that "Harbs and Co" which include Ozzie know more about the Ravens staff than I do to put the right pieces together. The past 5 years have shown it.

Kudos to Q for not shying away from the subject to actually talk about it a tad bit.

Blog Entries

People just don't want to believe that the story is true for some reason. Now you have a respected player like Boldin coming out and admitting that some players handled it unprofessionally.

What more do you want?

John Harbaugh salvaged the situation as long as he needed to, to the best of his abilities, until he got the ring and now he doesn't have to put up with it. He REALLY doesn't have to put up with it from players who don't move the needle. On the field.

Gangster. I keep telling you guys. Show up to his Godson's baptism and kill his father the same day. They bucked at Harbaugh and they dissed Flacco. Now, Harbaugh and Flacco have all of the stroke and control of the locker room is shifting.

Quite normal actually.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't get why this is upsetting posters.

Something happened that Harbaugh did not like.

There are 2 players who are being referred to as the root of that "incident" and I don't think it's a leap to conclude that it, along with other incidents that none of us have an idea about caused Pollard's release and may have played a small role in the lack of urgency for Ed being re-signed.

Even if everything "evil PFT" has inferred about that incident is true, I don't see how it reflects bad on the organization from the media, other fans or players. So a coach that just won a Super Bowl didn't like being challenged by what Q is calling an "unproffessional" manner. So what? One replaceable player was released and an ICON in the late December of his career are gone. So? He didn't cut Flacco or Rice or Torrey...the core of our team is still here.

How do some of you let that stuff bother you this much? I don't even think the PFT, or Preston's statement are inflammatory in any way at all unless you just want to hear all rainbows and roses about the Ravens 24x7.
    I don't think your second sentence is necessarily true.

Two things are bothersome enough to complain about, to me.

First, while columnist are allowed to have opinions, it crosses the line when they come up with speculation, and then in a later story treat the speculation as fact.

The idea that Harbaugh was upset by Pollard, and so upset that he cut him for his outspoken nature, is speculation, not fact. You can't go to Pollard and present it as fact in order to get a quote out of him, and then use the quote to further create the illusion that they are reporting fact.

I have to believe they've hurt Pollard reputation around the league...based on what? And maybe they've hurt Harbaugh's too, if players who might want to come here start believing that Harbaugh's locker room is divisive and he cuts guys he doesn't like.

Maybe that's overblown, and maybe there's no reason to get upset, but if I were in the shoes of Harbaugh or Pollard, I wouldn't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Those vets know more football than HARBs and his staff put together
    That's priceless. You're really "all in" on this, aren't you?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I am really glad to see Boldin be professional about the whole thing.
    Really going to miss that guy

I wish Boldin and Pollard were still on the team.Boldin would have been a FA after this next season so they would just had to have juggled the cap for 2013, and they could have drafted a SS this upcoming draft as a future replacement for Pollard. One thing you can say about those two is that every time they stepped on the field you knew that they were going to give you everything they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I don't think your second sentence is necessarily true.

Two things are bothersome enough to complain about, to me.

First, while columnist are allowed to have opinions, it crosses the line when they come up with speculation, and then in a later story treat the speculation as fact.

The idea that Harbaugh was upset by Pollard, and so upset that he cut him for his outspoken nature, is speculation, not fact. You can't go to Pollard and present it as fact in order to get a quote out of him, and then use the quote to further create the illusion that they are reporting fact.

I have to believe they've hurt Pollard reputation around the league...based on what? And maybe they've hurt Harbaugh's too, if players who might want to come here start believing that Harbaugh's locker room is divisive and he cuts guys he doesn't like.

Maybe that's overblown, and maybe there's no reason to get upset, but if I were in the shoes of Harbaugh or Pollard, I wouldn't be happy.
    I have to disagree again.

I think speculation is part of forming your opinion and thus, opinion pieces. They are hired to do so. As long as they aren't pulling facts out of their ass, and the conclusions are logical, I don't have a problem with it. The "mutiny" stuff that Florio has brought up has never actually been presented as fact...he is going off what his sources have told him and what looks logical based on what happened. It is not illogical to come to his conclusion and I don't think it's wrong for him to present it as what he believes.

As for Pollard...well, I think a lot more of his reputation damage has to do with him being run out of town 3 times in 7 years and his play on the field than this nonsense. He got a job in less than a week of being cut. I'm sure he is pissed and probably is looking at this as a reason for him not getting the deal he wanted, but even if that stuff never happened, I find it hard to believe that a team would lock itself into a deal longterm for a guy who has obviously not been a favorite of 3 head coaches in that short of a period of time.

In no way am I saying he shouldn't be upset, but I also don't think it means much as players find any and every reason to be upset at their former teams after being cut. Maybe next time he shouldn't be in the words of a former teammate who put their name next to their quote..."unprofessional" when taking issue with stuff from his coach.

As for Harbaugh...I don't think he cares. This is not harming his reputation and as the offseason has worn on, players are extremely happy to come and play here and for him. He doesn't care, he wanted him out, and he got what he wanted...and as long as we pay guys, they will come here because Harbaugh is a proven winner. There are a lot more coaches who have done a lot worse to players but still have players respect and they want to play for...the guy in New England, Parcells, Coughlin, etc...hell his brother as well.

I've seen nothing...nothing to suggest that this will affect players opinion of Harbaugh as supported by the free agents that we've gone after coming here. As for Pollard's feelings and reputation, I don't care, he isn't a Raven anymore. I wish him the best, but I am not shedding a tear for the guy.

JMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

:grbac:
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Who cares if they are opinion writers or reporters, if they put something out there in print, they should be subject to the scrutiny it deserves.

Some of you guys get so defensive about perceiving people to be so defensive :)

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Who cares if they are opinion writers or reporters, if they put something out there in print, they should be subject to the scrutiny it deserves.

Some of you guys get so defensive about perceiving people to be so defensive :)
    You call it scrutiny, some call it whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    You call it scrutiny, some call it whining.
    yup

People expect PFT to be journalism and nothing more. It's very own header says its a news AND rumor site.

So when folks get uptight when they talk about the rumor du jour and apply journalistic standards, I just laugh.

I've been reading PFT since its inception. Florio is very well connected, more so than the ESPN talking heads and has been very accurate when his stories are reporting on news.

I think most fans simply read the Ravens stuff and not the rest. If they read all of his stuff (and his writers), they'd realize he's just as fair (or unfair) to the 31 other teams.