Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Q Gives His Take on Mutiny-Gate

Yeah. I still don't think this is a BFD at all.
    Good of Boldin to tap this down.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

My point is just that at EVERY turn, the things PFT drones on and on about turn out to be false. The deer antler velvet cheating crap, the stuff about the Ravens looking like bumbling idiots for not re-signing every one of their free agents immediately, the "Mutiny-gate" stuff...It's all BS, we know it, and after a few weeks, they know it too.

It amuses me. Nothing more.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    My point is just that at EVERY turn, the things PFT drones on and on about turn out to be false. The deer antler velvet cheating crap, the stuff about the Ravens looking like bumbling idiots for not re-signing every one of their free agents immediately, the "Mutiny-gate" stuff...It's all BS, we know it, and after a few weeks, they know it too.
    I don't agree with that at all.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Don't agree at all with this either.

But that debate is for another thread.

Blog Entries

I don't think that is the point of entities like PFT.

Like others have said, their main purpose is to create headlines that will garner traffic onto their website, which gets traffic to their investors/advertisers. They're like a centralized location, a hub if you will, for football-related news. PFT gets their stuff from local newspapers, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, NFL Network, interviews, radio shows, etc.

Their job is not to find facts or report them. Their job is to regurgitate what others are saying and then put their own opinion/hypothesis spin on it.

It's actually quite brilliant, from a business perspective. They don't have to do shit but re-post what others have done...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

So much "news" these days is just rehashing what was already written by some other source. Places like PFT take articles written from people like Mike Preston as 100% factual and run with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't agree with that at all.
    This is such a non-story.. We won the Super Bowl. We lost Q because he wouldn't take a pay cut and San Fran was willing to pay what we couldn't pay.

The only other story here *might* be Pollard with the rumors of him being a butthead in the clubhouse. My opinion is this - Pollard's antics on the field and on the sideline after one of his many head-hunter penalties might have rubbed the Ravens the wrong was. Supposedly there was a play where he had to be restrained from going after a referee. Who knows..

But this whole thing is such a non-issue. Everyone got with the program after the alleged mutiny, and the team won a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    This is such a non-story.. We won the Super Bowl. We lost Q because he wouldn't take a pay cut and San Fran was willing to pay what we couldn't pay.

The only other story here *might* be Pollard with the rumors of him being a butthead in the clubhouse. My opinion is this - Pollard's antics on the field and on the sideline after one of his many head-hunter penalties might have rubbed the Ravens the wrong was. Supposedly there was a play where he had to be restrained from going after a referee. Who knows..

But this whole thing is such a non-issue. Everyone got with the program after the alleged mutiny, and the team won a ring.
    That's no what RiW was disagreeing with.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I am really glad to see Boldin be professional about the whole thing.
    One of the many reasons I really like Boldin. 100% class act. Really can't say anything bad about the guy.

Blog Entries

You can say that about Mikie and especially Florio but not all those writers. Schmuck is respected and has been a beat guy longer than most of these posters have been posting.

Boldin said, "a few guys were less than professional" with HARBs.

So something definitely went down. NOne of us will never know to the extent but something happened and they inserted McKinney and they started winning all the way thru the SB.

The other fact is all those few guys are gone for whatever reason including Boldin.

As for Pollard, nobody complained about those hits when he made them like last year when he ruined Gronk for their SB. Most of us laughed. Then he did it again this year in NE and in the SB.
    Now the homers want to off him.

Those vets know more football than HARBs and his staff put together and they finally won the big one. Our management told us that we know our jobs better than anyone because we work on it everyday. Supervisors demanded that we speak up during meetings because they needed to know what we knew.

It just took a little fighting among Ravens to get the system and lineup the players craved for and they won it all. Not even Andy Reid could choke with the talent Ozzie gave HARBs.

It might be another 12 years before we win our next SB.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-03-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    NOne of us will never know to the extent but something happened and they inserted McKinney and they started winning all the way thru the SB.
    There was like, 9 weeks between the "mutiny" and McKinney getting put in. He was put in the last week when they rested the starters against the Bengals and then went forward through the playoffs.

Blog Entries

They actually started winning against the Giants where Oher started at LT. The line wasn't shifted until the Colts game.