Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I think more 5th or 6th.
    That should be about right
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: Tavon Austin participating in local Ravens pro day

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    That should be about right
    Agreed. I like Fuller's potential, but 4th round, even late 4th, strikes me as a reach. He ought to be available at the end of the 5th, at minimum.

Since he'd be yet another developmental WR (and we already have a few) the Ravens are probably going to need him to fall into their laps to take him above the 6th round, though they may -- that late -- swap some picks and take him early-mid 6th if he's there.

I've been naysaying on Austin as a Raven, mainly because I don't see where he plays in the offense as currently constructed, or what role he would have had in previous Caldwell/Manning offenses. That said, I take Caldwell to be the Anti-Cam, and would immediately suspect that a move for Austin means a change in the offense, which I would support if the Ravens are willing to go that route. But I will believe it when I see it. No way Austin falls within striking distance for Oz. More likely the Ravens are doing their part to up the ante on him and hope a rival overpays to snag him. You could certainly see Pitt (with Wallace gone) or NE (with Welker gone) giving up a pick somewhere to make sure they get him.

Blog Entries
    Caldwell has tailored offenses to his players strengths. I have no doubt he could find a way to use tavon. All you have to do is get the ball to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I want him . . . if he can play LT.

I think we have good depth at WR; none at LT.
    I agree about LT, but disagree with good depth at WR. We have depth, but mediocre at best IMO.

However, the Ravens are going to roll the dice with Tandon Doss this year, so I don't see them reaching up to get Austin.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Forget it man, he wont make it past 15.
    :word sad too :(

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Agreed. I like Fuller's potential, but 4th round, even late 4th, strikes me as a reach. He ought to be available at the end of the 5th, at minimum.

Since he'd be yet another developmental WR (and we already have a few) the Ravens are probably going to need him to fall into their laps to take him above the 6th round, though they may -- that late -- swap some picks and take him early-mid 6th if he's there.
    I think Fuller has a bit more upside than the developmental receivers the Ravens currently have on the roster. For a guy who hasn't concentrated solely on football for very long, he runs some nice routes and doesn't seem to have alligator arms going over the middle. The best developmental guys are Doss & Reed, and those guys are more suited for the slot, whereas Fuller would be an upgrade from Streeter.

The 4th might be a reach, but the Ravens' 4th is also #129 & #130. Fuller just might not be there at #165 (round 5, pick 32). Plus, he's a local kid.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I agree about LT, but disagree with good depth at WR. We have depth, but mediocre at best IMO.

However, the Ravens are going to roll the dice with Tandon Doss this year, so I don't see them reaching up to get Austin.

You might be right, but with Jacoby, Doss, Streeter, Reed, Laquan, Deonte -- ONE of them ought to be OK. And I'm all right with Pitta in the slot and Dickson or A. N. Other at TE.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    ...the Ravens are going to roll the dice with Tandon Doss this year
    Are they, or is that just the assumption from the media and this board? I'm not disagreeing with your premise, but I really haven't seen anything definitive concerning this. Of course, I miss a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Are they, or is that just the assumption from the media and this board? I'm not disagreeing with your premise, but I really haven't seen anything definitive concerning this. Of course, I miss a lot.
    I've seen things here and there. Nothing definitive. But he is also the next man in line it seems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Of course they are.

Until & unless a better option shows up.

In the draft, among camp cuts, or for that matter if one (or more) of the kids already under contract uses the offseason to significantly elevate his game.

The music isn't stopping for a few months yet--it's far too early to speculate who'll be in the chairs once it does.

Blog Entries

You better move up and take that little mother fucka, before you have to deal with him for the next few years. I can't name ten players in this draft better than him. That man is going to be like Welker on steroids. Welkers and Sproles' win games.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Lip service....
    Probably. Can't not bring him in, especially w/ his local roots, or you'll look disinterested.

Despite a ton of picks to play w/, I don't see the Ravens rolling the necessary dice to go get him.
    LT. ILB, and SS/FS needs are more pressing. We've got a couple WR burners (Torrey & Jacoby) & some spares. We need a bigger possession type WR who can win the jump balls like Boldin. Would be great if that was Doss or LaQuan, but I'm not holding my breath. As Excellector just said, Austin is more of the Welker or Sproles type "smurf" possession guy. Right now, Pitta comes closest to that as a bigger-than-usual version. Whoever gets Tavon will be happy, but I wouldn't read anything into our invite to a workout.