Thread: Draft Day Event

Re: Draft Day Event

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Here's the email i got from the Ravens about this year's event:

SPRING FOOTBALL FESTIVAL
    M&T BANK STADIUM
    SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 2013
    12:00PM - 4:00PM

The Spring Football Festival is back and what better way to spend a Spring day than talking football and celebrating with your World Champion Baltimore Ravens!

Activities will include player autograph sessions, interactive games on the field, home locker room tours, Poe’s Mascot Scrimmage, face painting and more. Even the opportunity for up to 1,000 fans to get a photo with the Super Bowl XLVII trophy.

As a PSL owner, we would like to extend a special opportunity to purchase discounted tickets prior to general public sale. Tickets are $10 for children and $15 for adults ($5 off the full price). Due to the popularity of this event in the past and current stadium renovations, the event will be capped at 15,000 attendees.

What else to expect:

Watch rounds 4-7 of the 2013 NFL Draft unfold live on RavensVision and TVs throughout the stadium
    Interactive on-field games including Gatorade Junior Training Camp
    Ravens Rookies Kids Area
    Player autograph sessions
    Photos available with the Super Bowl XLVII trophy (with $15 donation to Ravens All-Community Team Foundation as part of your SFF ticket purchase)
    2013 Ravens Cheerleaders performance and autographs
    Poe’s Mascot Scrimmage
    Baltimore’s Marching Ravens Pep Band and Drum Line
    Live 98 Rock broadcast from the North Club Level
    Self-guided tours of the Ravens Locker Room
    Ravens Team Stores & Concessions will be open
    Free parking in lots A, B, C, G, & H
    So there you go, now you have no reason to bring your kid into enemy territory. I still think that the idea of going to a draft party on the 3rd day is pretty dumb. But what do I know? I'm being suckered into going to some non-football going away party for one of my girlfriend's co-workers that day. I'm considering DVRing the ESPN coverage, but I feel that in this day and age, I'll be getting all of the updates on my phone throughout the day, thus spoiling the surprises.

Blog Entries

Skins are not in the 1st round because of their trade last year for their qb who may or may not start the season due to a knee surgery.

They are picking at 52, 85, then a 4th, 2x 5th, 6th and 7th.

Have fun and don't forget your wellington boots. Last i saw their field was a bit raggedy.

and David Modell took it to all kinds of fan events.
    David Modell is lucky that thing didn't get stolen. When me and my wife went to the SB parade we had a really nice spot right up front on the corner of Howard and Pratt. Modell was walking down the edge of the road next to the sidewalk stopping for photo ops and letting people touch the trophy. My wife got one of him and me standing there with both of our hands on the trophy. pretty cool keepsake, but still.. the guy handled that thing non-chalantly just about everywhere he went.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    David Modell is lucky that thing didn't get stolen. When me and my wife went to the SB parade we had a really nice spot right up front on the corner of Howard and Pratt. Modell was walking down the edge of the road next to the sidewalk stopping for photo ops and letting people touch the trophy. My wife got one of him and me standing there with both of our hands on the trophy. pretty cool keepsake, but still.. the guy handled that thing non-chalantly just about everywhere he went.
    Didn't AirFlacco have a story about how Siragusa convinced Modell to let him borrow the trophy to take to an appearance at a BBQ, and the thing got passed around enough that it actually broke a little? Like the football broke off the stand, and now it's just kind've clumsily held in place.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

T -

Do you think we have to pay an extra $15 to see the trophy or is that inclusive in your $15 ticket? I see they are limiting it to the first 1,000 people. I hope they allow you to hold it or at least touch it when you take your picture.
    It's a separate $15. I bought my ticket and a spot to get a photo with the trophy, and it was $15 for each. At the time I signed up, there were two spots for the photo op. One was from 12 - 2, and the other was from 2 - 4. I tried to get the 2-4, but they were sold out of that, so I signed up for the 12-2.

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    It's a separate $15. I bought my ticket and a spot to get a photo with the trophy, and it was $15 for each. At the time I signed up, there were two spots for the photo op. One was from 12 - 2, and the other was from 2 - 4. I tried to get the 2-4, but they were sold out of that, so I signed up for the 12-2.
    Yeah I went on to see what they were asking. $32.50 with the ticketmaster charge. I'll pass.
    Please let us know if they let you hold it, or let you just touch it while it's sitting there, or if it is in a case.

I'm not real happy with this limited accessibility to the Trophy that you have to pay for, but if they ease up a little later this year it'll be just fine.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Yeah it was pretty crazy, but there were A LOT more cops on that parade route in '01 than there were this year. If somebody had actually snatched it they wouldn't have gotten far. In fact, they probably would have been beaten to a pulp by the ecstatic citizenry there gathered lol!

I thought that Modell's effort to take the Lombardi to the Fans was one of the classiest things I've ever seen an owner do. I wish they had continued that tradition (albeit with maybe just a little more security ;)

I held the SB XXXV trophy at the Ravens Roost bullroast (Mr. Modell and Coach Billick took it it to all 120 tables at Martins West), at Mista T's restaurant in Annapolis (that was well controlled), and at the OC Convention center during the Ravens Roost convention.

Nothing bad happened at any of those events and the 2,000 or so Fans that attended them will never forget the opportunity to hold the Ultimate Prize, or the class of the owner that gave them that opportunity.

According to Mr. Modell, the SB XXXV Trophy holds the fingerprints of over 60,000 Baltimore Ravens Fans. When I saw it at a practice this year, it looked like they're still on it.
    Twenty years of Cheers.

About a year after the Ravens won the SB,we were at a sports award banquet at Michael's 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie. I think it was sponsored by Nasty Nestor. Anyway,the SB trophy and the Woodlawn Vase(Preakness Trophy) were on display. There was some dude there preventing folks from getting up close to the trophies for photos. My wife saw David Modell,walked over to him and told him that we were probably the only people left in the Baltimore area that hadn't laid hands on the SB trophy. He laughed and took her by the hand and called me over. He picked up the trophy,put it in our hands and took our picture. Class act for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Didn't AirFlacco have a story about how Siragusa convinced Modell to let him borrow the trophy to take to an appearance at a BBQ, and the thing got passed around enough that it actually broke a little? Like the football broke off the stand, and now it's just kind've clumsily held in place.
    It had a dent on one side of the nose of the football. I think Goose (or somebody) actually tried to throw a pass with it.
    Twenty years of Cheers.

I thought that Modell's effort to take the Lombardi to the Fans was one of the classiest things I've ever seen an owner do. I wish they had continued that tradition (albeit with maybe just a little more security ;)

I held the SB XXXV trophy at the Ravens Roost bullroast (Mr. Modell and Coach Billick took it it to all 120 tables at Martins West), at Mista T's restaurant in Annapolis (that was well controlled), and at the OC Convention center during the Ravens Roost convention.
    At the trophy event in Annapolis, I had made logistics arrangements with Kevin Byrne's staff (IIRC it was Chad Steele). David was unaware that Byrne had committed the Trophy to be seen/touched/photo'd by all 400 or so in attendance. David got impatient and started leaving with the Trophy, which would have left about 100 fans (including me) somewhere between somewhat disappointed to majorly pissed off. I started yelling at David, suggesting that he leave the Trophy behind and we'd get it back to him later that night. He got pissed off at me for the suggestion, but then the staffer intervened to convince him that we'd step up the pace to get David back on the road to Baltimore soon. All ended well except the photographer had to reduce the resolution of the final set of photos to squeeze them all onto his hard drive.

Also at that event, one of the Ravens players got drunk as a skunk, took off his ring, and let the fans at the bar pass the ring along with photo ops. Fortunately, another player saw what was going on and helped retrieve the ring.

If these sound like Trap stories, there is one big difference: they are totally true and accurate!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    At the trophy event in Annapolis, I had made logistics arrangements with Kevin Byrne's staff (IIRC it was Chad Steele). David was unaware that Byrne had committed the Trophy to be seen/touched/photo'd by all 400 or so in attendance. David got impatient and started leaving with the Trophy, which would have left about 100 fans (including me) somewhere between somewhat disappointed to majorly pissed off. I started yelling at David, suggesting that he leave the Trophy behind and we'd get it back to him later that night. He got pissed off at me for the suggestion, but then the staffer intervened to convince him that we'd step up the pace to get David back on the road to Baltimore soon. All ended well except the photographer had to reduce the resolution of the final set of photos to squeeze them all onto his hard drive.

Also at that event, one of the Ravens players got drunk as a skunk, took off his ring, and let the fans at the bar pass the ring along with photo ops. Fortunately, another player saw what was going on and helped retrieve the ring.

If these sound like Trap stories, there is one big difference: they are totally true and accurate!
    I can vouch for this story as true and factual lol!
    Mista T put on a class A-1 Fan event that's for sure.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the player whose ring was passed around.
    Twenty years of Cheers.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the player whose ring was passed around.
    I do, but didn't want to embarass him. Last I knew, he still lives in this area. I'll tell you privately.

btw: Just kidding about the Trap stories. Everyone that he has told about his road trip episodes (where I saw him, at least) have been true. He gets into so much trouble on road trips, that my wife told me to watch out for myself next time I see him at an away game.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).