RSR Forum Community 1st Round Draft Board

I thought it would be interesting to compile some sort of RSR composite ranking of players the Ravens could take at pick 32. I did this last year, and I felt it went pretty well.

If nothing else it's a nice Ravens specific draft ranking for forum members who don't spend a lot of time studying the draft, but I also think it could spring some interesting debates.

Post Your List
    The idea is to list players in order of their potential value to the Ravens. Feel free to project your own philosophies. For example, how heavily do you factor in upside, injury risk, behavioral issues, need, etc...

Start with a middle tier of players that you feel would be fair value at pick 32. Just so there's some approximate consistency in relative value of tiers for each poster, try to limit this to 8 players at most.

After that you can work your way out, listing a tiers of players just above and below this group. We'll call these +1, -1, +2, -2 etc.... So your tier structure should look like this.

+2 Tier
    +1 Tier
    Fair Value Tier
    -1 Tier
    -2 Tier

To be counted in the final composite list, at least fill out the Fair Value, +1, and -1 tiers. You're welcome to fill out more than that.

You can post/edit your list anytime between now and Wednesday April 24th at 4PM. After that I'll build the composite list and post it sometime Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

I've provided a sample post below.

What if the Ravens Trade?
    Obviously there's a pretty good chance the ravens won't even pick at 32, but I do think it's likely that they pick close to 32. In that scenario, I still think a list like this could be relevant.

For example, last year we had Upshaw in the +2 tier of our composite list. The Ravens traded back and still got him early in round 2. Based on the composite list that was an outstanding pick. :)

Re: RSR Forum Community 1st Round Draft Board

+2 Tier
    OLB Jarvis Jones
    DE Bjoern Werner
    WR Tavon Austin
    FS Kenny Vaccaro
    T D.J. Fluker
    WR Cordarelle Patterson
    CB Desmond Trufant

+1 Tier
    LB Alec Ogeltree
    WR Keenan Allen
    DT Sylvester Williams
    T Menelik Watson
    SS Matt Elam

Fair Value Tier
    DE Datone Jones
    TE Tyler Eifert
    ILB Manti Te'o

-1 Tier
    DT Jonathan Hankins
    WR Justin Hunter
    DE Damontre Moore
    DE Cornellius Carradine
    DT Jessie Williams

-2 Tier
    DT Kawann Short
    LB Arthur Brown
    SS Jonathan Cyprien
    DE Margus Hunt
    FS Eric Reid
    ILB Kevin Minter
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 04-02-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Re: RSR Forum Community 1st Round Draft Board

So I'm going to bump this once to see if there's more interest now that the draft is only 10 days away. Mods, I hope that's cool. If it falls off page 1 again I'll let it die.