Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Rumor: Harbs wanted Reed gone

If this team doesn't draft Joe Flacco do we make the playoffs the past five years? What do you think has been more integral to our success, drafting a franchise QB or hiring Harbaugh?

I'm not real happy with the guy getting involved with personnel decisions because I think he is in over his head when it comes to personnel. Letting Boldin go was a mistake. Ellerbe certainly wasn't a Harbaugh guy. He sat in the doghouse for a long time. I certainly wouldn't have paid him 7 million, but the offer we made was low and the team knew he wasn't going to take it. Pollard was a cheap and pretty effective SS. Ozzie wouldn't have extended him last season if he was as awful on the field as fans are now making him out to be. Reed was a bit overpaid, but he was another one that we didn't make an offer to that he would seriously consider. A lot of the offers we made to these "malcontents" were just face saving offers. It took Harbaugh forever to play Kruger. Remember how much people questioned why our second round pick wasn't active week in and week out? I don't trust Harbaugh with personnel. He needs to learn how to effectively handle these "malcontents". Good coaches figure it out. You're dealing with a bunch of guys, many with limited intelligence, that typically make more than you.

Blog Entries

Wow, we one like what, 2 Super Bowls in 12 years and how many teams don't? How many teams don't even sniff the playoffs?

I don't get you guys.

Blog Entries

Im not sure why letting vets go that were complaining about practicing after getting their asses handed to them is really a bad thing? Harbs wants guys that want to practice hard and put the team first. I dont really see why thats a problem or knock on harbs in any way. Insecurity? how about pointing the fingers at the players for not being professionals and crying about doing their job?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im not sure why letting vets go that were complaining about practicing after getting their asses handed to them is really a bad thing? Harbs wants guys that want to practice hard and put the team first. I dont really see why thats a problem or knock on harbs in any way. Insecurity? how about pointing the fingers at the players for not being professionals and crying about doing their job?
    You know, I was one of the biggest Anti-Harbaugh guys out there. But when he won the Super Bowl not only did I earn a big ole, no, A GIANT cup of "Shut the fuck up", but I have to defend the man for at least the next 5 years. Plus, my faith in Ozzie Newsome never wavered during his tenure, I did bitch a bit about the lack of drafting O-Line back in the Sun(ahhfuck-won't even finish the name of the shithole)days.

Super Bowl, enjoy it people.

Right, Ed Reed is a slacker and baby who doesn't want to work hard at being a quality professional football player. That's a totally plausible take on the situation.

Didn't this whole Harbs didn't want Reed originate from a Preston article. Come on people.

You would think we haven't made the playoffs once in the Harbs era, the way some of you are talking. Fact of the matter is under Harbs the Ravens have made 5 straight post season appearances, 2 division titles, 3 AFCCG appearances and 1 Super Bowl title (plus only a handful of plays away from being in 3 Super Bowls). His record speaks for itself.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Didn't this whole Harbs didn't want Reed originate from a Preston article. Come on people.

You would think we haven't made the playoffs once in the Harbs era, the way some of you are talking. Fact of the matter is under Harbs the Ravens have made 5 straight post season appearances, 2 division titles, 3 AFCCG appearances and 1 Super Bowl title (plus only a handful of plays away from being in 3 Super Bowls). His record speaks for itself.
    To be fair, it's been a fairly constant fan/media talking point since Pollard was cut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Right, Ed Reed is a slacker and baby who doesn't want to work hard at being a quality professional football player. That's a totally plausible take on the situation.
    is Ed Reed incapable of being human/wrong? The one thing thats not really debatable out of all of this is that the players complained and didnt want to practice in pads (both sides have said the same). if youre going to ignore that, than im not sure what to tell you. For whatever reason that day he wasnt in the mood to practice in pads, because age, injury, bad day, whatever. Even after the "mutiny" where they convinced him not to do pads, they went out and had a horrible practice, himself included. They just didnt want to be there that day for whatever reason.
    -JAB

is Ed Reed incapable of being human/wrong? The one thing thats not really debatable out of all of this is that the players complained and didnt want to practice in pads (both sides have said the same). if youre going to ignore that, than im not sure what to tell you. For whatever reason that day he wasnt in the mood to practice in pads, because age, injury, bad day, whatever. Even after the "mutiny" where they convinced him not to do pads, they went out and had a horrible practice, himself included. They just didnt want to be there that day for whatever reason.
    Okay, but if your theory is that Harbaugh wanted him gone over an isolated incident, that only makes even less sense than the idea that he was a bad locker room presence in general.

The direction this thread has taken is not surprising.

And couldn't be funnier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

It's phenomenal that people are still bitching about Harbs.

What can/should he do?

Come shovel your fucking driveway?

Some of ya'll are unbelievable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    So I guess you feel that Harbaugh was responsible for Evan's dropped pass in 2011 (?) ... Bc
    Or Boldin's and Housh's the year before.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.