Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Rumor: Harbs wanted Reed gone

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Adalius Thomas issue with Belichick was one of the few sniffs you even here of from Foxborough.
    Moss talking publicly a while back about his contract demands might be another one.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Moss talking publicly a while back about his contract demands might be another one.
    Here's another...benching Wes Welker for the foot jokes before that Jets playoff game a couple years ago.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Here's another...benching Wes Welker for the foot jokes before that Jets playoff game a couple years ago.
    LOL. BB don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    LOL. BB don't play.
    Yup.

And I don't know if these two moves had anything to do with discipline, but how about when he cut Lawyer Milloy a week before the season started...or traded Richard Seymour to the the worst team in the league a week before the season started as well.

I'd have to think that if anything would affect players wanting to play for a coach, the things BB has done would be exhibit A...much worse than anything Harbaugh has done, yet players still flock to New England and players seem to have no problem coming here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Yup.

And I don't know if these two moves had anything to do with discipline, but how about when he cut Lawyer Milloy a week before the season started...or traded Richard Seymour to the the worst team in the league a week before the season started as well.
    At least Ozzie sent Boldin to the 2d best team in the league with a shot at another ring. Players took note and that's
    why they seem to want to come here. He always puts a winning team on the field. Same with Bellicheat who has been
    to 1/2 dozen SBs and has 3 rings. That's how Oz signed Huff. He wanted to go to a SB team and skipped his next visit
    to GB to sign here.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-04-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Yup.

I'd have to think that if anything would affect players wanting to play for a coach, the things BB has done would be exhibit A...much worse than anything Harbaugh has done, yet players still flock to New England and players seem to have no problem coming here.
    That's why I don't understand all the negativity over Harbaugh taking control of the team, IF, in fact, that's what he's done. So what? That's what head coaches DO. Good ones, anyway. I think it's sending a message that if you want to play for the Ravens, you better be prepared to tow the line. I remember when Kelley Washington first arrived. He was like: "You think John Harbaugh is tough? You haven't SEEN tough. BB is TOUGH". And he knew what he was talking about. I think John Harbaugh walked a very diplomatic line as long as Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were here. Now it's his show -- for better and/or for worse. Personally, I think he'll do fine. I haven't always been a big supporter of his, but he's earned my respect by taking a banged up team and winning a Super Bowl when about the only person on the planet who predicted the Ravens would win the Super Bowl was Jamie Dukes. Need I say more?

;)

Blog Entries

Priest: Do you denounce Satan and all of his works?

John Harbaugh: I do denounce him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Was it Terry Glenn (?) he basically sent packing before one of their SB runs.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I said a few weeks back that the departures of Boldin and Pollard (and now Reed) had Harbaugh's fingerprints all over them. It looks like that is true. Apparently, the SB win gave him the freedom to get rid of all those he thought questioned his authority. Some may think that's the sign of a strong take-charge coach but it can also be a sign of insecurity.
    Or all these moves could have the fingerprints of a GM.

That sign says something like "We are looking to remain competitive long-term and not mortgage the future, and the cap, on 30+ year-olds whose best seasons are behind them."

I guess when Jerry Rice went to Oakland, it was because he pissed the coaches off. Or when Montana went to the Cheifs. Or when Rod Woodson left the Steelers to join us. Or when Namath went to the Rams. Or when Emmit Smith went to the Cards. Or when Reggie White went to the Packers. Or when Junior Seau went to the Patriots.

These things happen. Take Occam's razor and stop with the conspiracies.

Blog Entries

Listen, this is idiotic. My brother could work for the NFL Network he knows so much about football. But we're from Buffalo, he still lives there and is a Bills fan, but he put the knowledge down.

"Reed, Ozzie, Harbaugh, Bisciotti, the Ravens, the fans that actually know FOOTBALL, all knew it was about a payday. Period. And one wrong hit, collision, neck tweek, and Ed Reed is going to be like, sorry I'm out! Gotta worry about my health after football. But he still got a fat check from the Texans though didn't he? The Texans are idiots."

I don't know why that is such hard fucking concept for people to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Or all these moves could have the fingerprints of a GM.

That sign says something like "We are looking to remain competitive long-term and not mortgage the future, and the cap, on 30+ year-olds whose best seasons are behind them."
    Perhaps but what cannot be disputed is that this is clearly Harbaugh's team now. There's no Ray, no Ed, no Boldin, no Pollard. About the only vets left are Suggs, Ngata and Flacco he won't get any grief from them. So, 2013 will be a real test as to what Harbaugh can do when he and not Ray Lewis or Ed Reed or Boldin, will have to be the inspirational leader.