Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Rumor: Harbs wanted Reed gone

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He wants guys that practice hard, ALL THE TIME, not when it suits them. So yes, a single incident would warrant that. 1 can be too many sometimes. especially when that person is a leader in the locker room that younger players will follow.

how do we know its isolated anyway? because its the only one we heard of with such detail? Didnt they have the same problems when Harbs first took over? All the vets had it pretty easy under Billick, which wasnt the case with Harbs. That caused friction, at least at the very start, with some of the players.

I dont understand why we put players on a separate level than ourselves. Theyre paid to play a game that requires practice. its their job. Go to your employer and say, i dont want to do my job today or openly complain when they ask you to do your job and the results would be similar. I dont understand why people think its acceptable to do that and that the Coach/Boss is wrong in that scenario for wanting them to actually do their job. Has nothing to do with power or insecurities, it has to do with the job at hand.
    Ed Reed is a first ballot HOFer, probably the second greatest Raven of all time, and arguably the best safety in the history of the NFL. Whatever he was doing in practice was working just fine.

Blog Entries

Personally, I'm still waiting to hear whether or not some of the other great head coaches in the league would put up with mutinies and carrying on. Tell me Belichick would put up with that shit. I dare you.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Personally, I'm still waiting to hear whether or not some of the other great head coaches in the league would put up with mutinies and carrying on. Tell me Belichick would put up with that shit. I dare you.
    It doesn't even have to be the great ones. Schiano comes to the NFL from college and cleans out all the malcontents. KWII likes to flap his mouth? Traded. Brian Price gets into a fight with Mark Barron? Traded. Aurelius Benn has a bad attitude? Traded.

Schiano wasn't going to put up with any crap no matter where the player was drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Ed Reed is a first ballot HOFer, probably the second greatest Raven of all time, and arguably the best safety in the history of the NFL. Whatever he was doing in practice was working just fine.
    Ed Reed is so banged up at this point his body probably needed the extra rest in between games so he would even be able to suit up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When AD was late for a team meeting because he was caught up in traffic, and Belichick chewed him out, AD responded publicly that he didn't need Belichick to treat him as if he were a child. Not long after that, AD was gone from NE. So clearly...there are other coaches who will not tolerate insubordination. Nor should they have to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It doesn't even have to be the great ones. Schiano comes to the NFL from college and cleans out all the malcontents. KWII likes to flap his mouth? Traded. Brian Price gets into a fight with Mark Barron? Traded. Aurelius Benn has a bad attitude? Traded.

Schiano wasn't going to put up with any crap no matter where the player was drafted.
    Aqib Talib?

Traded.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If this team doesn't draft Joe Flacco do we make the playoffs the past five years? What do you think has been more integral to our success, drafting a franchise QB or hiring Harbaugh?

I'm not real happy with the guy getting involved with personnel decisions because I think he is in over his head when it comes to personnel. Letting Boldin go was a mistake. Ellerbe certainly wasn't a Harbaugh guy. He sat in the doghouse for a long time. I certainly wouldn't have paid him 7 million, but the offer we made was low and the team knew he wasn't going to take it. Pollard was a cheap and pretty effective SS. Ozzie wouldn't have extended him last season if he was as awful on the field as fans are now making him out to be. Reed was a bit overpaid, but he was another one that we didn't make an offer to that he would seriously consider. A lot of the offers we made to these "malcontents" were just face saving offers. It took Harbaugh forever to play Kruger. Remember how much people questioned why our second round pick wasn't active week in and week out? I don't trust Harbaugh with personnel. He needs to learn how to effectively handle these "malcontents". Good coaches figure it out. You're dealing with a bunch of guys, many with limited intelligence, that typically make more than you.
    This is absurd. Are you serious? So 9-4 in the POs is easy.. like everybody can do it.. well we know that it is not so.

At the beginning of this season, 80% of us thought Reed would be gone after this year.

Non-story.

You're dealing with a bunch of guys, many with limited intelligence...
    Yeah, I think that about this message board sometimes, too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    At the beginning of this season, 80% of us thought Reed would be gone after this year.

Non-story.
    Yes, I agree, and would like to add my speculation too. I believe that if the Ravens had won the Super Bowl in 2011, Ray Lewis would have retired. I think he came back for one more go-round after Evans dropped that pass. If we had won a year sooner, then Reed might have been gone the same way as this year too. Possibly (?) ... Bc

Blog Entries

Good coaches, more often than not, get rid of the bad character players after putting up with them for a short time. As I said before, Mike Tomlin isn't putting up with it. Mike Wallace can't handle playing out his contract with professionalism? Gone. Rashard Mendenhall can't take his demotion like a man and work harder on his fumbling issue, while continuing to support the team? Not bringing him back either. Ben Roethlisberger can't stop acting like a middle schooler who just won the lottery AND is going through puberty at the same time, when he's around town? Paging Mr. Rooney? Mr Rooney: 'Ben, I suggest you settle your young ass down and get married before we start recouping, and we WILL start recouping.

The Adalius Thomas issue with Belichick was one of the few sniffs you even here of from Foxborough.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore