Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
He wants guys that practice hard, ALL THE TIME, not when it suits them. So yes, a single incident would warrant that. 1 can be too many sometimes. especially when that person is a leader in the locker room that younger players will follow.

how do we know its isolated anyway? because its the only one we heard of with such detail? Didnt they have the same problems when Harbs first took over? All the vets had it pretty easy under Billick, which wasnt the case with Harbs. That caused friction, at least at the very start, with some of the players.

I dont understand why we put players on a separate level than ourselves. Theyre paid to play a game that requires practice. its their job. Go to your employer and say, i dont want to do my job today or openly complain when they ask you to do your job and the results would be similar. I dont understand why people think its acceptable to do that and that the Coach/Boss is wrong in that scenario for wanting them to actually do their job. Has nothing to do with power or insecurities, it has to do with the job at hand.
Ed Reed is a first ballot HOFer, probably the second greatest Raven of all time, and arguably the best safety in the history of the NFL. Whatever he was doing in practice was working just fine.