Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Rumor: Harbs wanted Reed gone

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I agree with you to an extent.

Cam should have been gone the season prior but the labor mess saved him.

But Pagano was a damn good pick so his choices have not been all bad.
    I didn't say ALL his choices were bad, did I? I also don't think that Pees was a bad choice. That's why I specifically listed the ones I feel were bad choices.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The little General should have won all those championship games and more with all the talent Ozzie gave him. It took that talent via a revolt to convince the owner to get rid of CAM. Hell it took Ray, Reed and Birk to beg Ozzie to sign McKinney and the General still didn't play him til after the revolt. Then they started winning straight thru the SB. Then he ships them out in body bags. Ray should have a least 2 more rings under HARBs. That makes him replaceable. Hell, we ran Shula out of town for blowing SB 3 just to prove a point.
    You're ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I didn't say ALL his choices were bad, did I? I also don't think that Pees was a bad choice. That's why I specifically listed the ones I feel were bad choices.
    No. Never claimed you did.

Like I said, I agreed with you to an extent.

No. Never claimed you did.

Like I said, I agreed with you to an extent.
    N/P.

As far as Moeller goes...if he's so good, why bring in Castillo?

Harbaugh, in his first five seasons, is on pace for a HoF career.

Yet he's knocked for doing what 75% of all head coaches do -- not call plays.

Effing ponderous.
    Maybe I've just got PTSD from seeing the likes of Dusty Baker, Fredi Gonzalez, and Mike Scioscia praised because they win a lot of games, so ipso facto they must be good managers (though I didn't actually say Harbs wasn't good, just not irreplaceable. There's a pretty big gap between those two states of being).

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    N/P.

As far as Moeller goes...if he's so good, why bring in Castillo?
    He was brought in as a running game consultant.

I don't think that's a knock on Moeller. If anything, its a knock on Wilbert Montgomery.

Blog Entries

He was brought in as a running game consultant.

I don't think that's a knock on Moeller. If anything, its a knock on Wilbert Montgomery.
    I believe that Castillo was brought in specifically to work with the o-line. Ozzie mentioned in a press conference that Castillo was known for developing young o-linemen. They just made up a fancy title for him. I'm not sure why they are keeping Moeller though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I believe that Castillo was brought in specifically to work with the o-line. Ozzie mentioned in a press conference that Castillo was known for developing young o-linemen. They just made up a fancy title for him. I'm not sure why they are keeping Moeller though.
    That's my understanding. And with all of the talk about Castillo's projections for KO, the O-line definitely seems to be the focus, not the running game.

I said a few weeks back that the departures of Boldin and Pollard (and now Reed) had Harbaugh's fingerprints all over them. It looks like that is true. Apparently, the SB win gave him the freedom to get rid of all those he thought questioned his authority. Some may think that's the sign of a strong take-charge coach but it can also be a sign of insecurity. I'm not sure we'll miss Reed all that much but it would be nice to still have Boldin and Pollard in purple. Oh, and this has zero to do with "hating" Harbaugh. Such emotions over a football coach are for children.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I said a few weeks back that the departures of Boldin and Pollard (and now Reed) had Harbaugh's fingerprints all over them. It looks like that is true. Apparently, the SB win gave him the freedom to get rid of all those he thought questioned his authority. Some may think that's the sign of a strong take-charge coach but it can also be a sign of insecurity. I'm not sure we'll miss Reed all that much but it would be nice to still have Boldin and Pollard in purple. Oh, and this has zero to do with "hating" Harbaugh. Such emotions over a football coach are for children.
    By the same token, did anyone ever question Lombardi, or Parcells, or any of the other tough coaches who clearly put their stamp on their respective teams? Only time will tell what kind of coach John Harbaugh really is, but just because he puts his stamp (or fingerprints) on his team, it doesn't necessarily mean he's insecure. What I think is that, by definition, since he'd never been a head coach before (or even a coordinator), he was clearly an inexperienced head coach in 2008, and that's why I feel it's fair to say he's evolved over the past 5 years. 2013 is definitely going to be an important year in John Harbaugh's head coaching career. And based on the past 5 years, I expect to see a similarly successful outing. And if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Blog Entries

The little General should have won all those championship games and more with all the talent Ozzie gave him. It took that talent via a revolt to convince the owner to get rid of CAM. Hell it took Ray, Reed and Birk to beg Ozzie to sign McKinney and the General still didn't play him til after the revolt. Then they started winning straight thru the SB. Then he ships them out in body bags. Ray should have a least 2 more rings under HARBs. That makes him replaceable. Hell, we ran Shula out of town for blowing SB 3 just to prove a point.
    That's crap. The Ravens haven't been head-and-shoulders above the rest of the league in talent, only held back by their coaches. As much as I've joined in the criticism of Cam- and think much of it is deserved- he's not The Reason the Ravens didn't win in their first two AFCC games in the Harbaugh era.

McKinnie is the reason McKinnie didn't take the field until he did last year, not Harbaugh. Had McKinnie taken the field starting in Week 1, we wouldn't have had the same blocking as we saw in the playoffs. We would have had a fat, unmotivated slug at LT getting Flacco and the RB's killed every play.

Blog Entries

... Ray should have a least 2 more rings under HARBs...
    So I guess you feel that Harbaugh was responsible for Evan's dropped pass in 2011 (?) ... Bc